I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Movie/Music/TV Talk

Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:40 AM
IHBB GOD

You actually like the Diarrhea Show? I can't even flip past it for two seconds when I channel surf without gagging. It amazes me that someone thought it would work as an actual show.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 11:51 AM
IHBB GOD

rkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Never heard of it, but sounds disgusting.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 06:45 PM
IHBB GOD

I was kinda thinking the same thing AD.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:31 PM

You guys don't know the Diarrhea Show? Each episode is an hour long video of loose stool spurting from various people's anuses. It reminds me of the Geena Davis show.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:33 PM
IHBB GOD

That's disgusting. And Geena Davis is an upstanding man worthy of acclaim.

I think I am going to forum battle you.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:34 PM

Your a donut face.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Well.. I never!

And you're a donut face!
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:37 PM

I... I'm bested.
Unread February 11th, 2013, 04:26 PM
IHBB GOD

1. Star Trek: The Next Generation - Both DS9 and Voyager are better (yeah. Voyager. You heard me.), but TNG has the distinction of being the show I grew up on. I am one of the legions of people who can credit Star Trek with inspiring their career choice (I'm pursuing a degree in astrophysics). There will always be something very comforting about that big bright ship and those seven people solving problems (or getting Wesley to solve them instead).

2. The Office - I don't think I will ever be able to explain why The Office appeals to me. All I can say is that I identify with its premise (dealing with weirdos at work -- we all can relate to that), its subtext (Jim & Pam <3), and am incredibly sad that it's ending, and even sadder that the last two seasons have been embarrassingly awful.

3. Lost - I got in on the ground floor of this one, seeing the "leaked" pilot and getting into the online discussions. I'm lucky to be one of those millions who actually got to see Lost as it was meant to be seen. If you haven't seen it, sorry, it's gone forever, because the real joy in Lost was watching it an episode at a time, getting a cliffhanger, and having to wait a week, or a month, or a year for it to come back, and all the while arguing about it with your friends, family, and the internet. It was a singular experience.

4. The Simpsons - I was nine years old when the pilot episode aired on December 17, 1989, and I have not missed an episode since. I can carry on entire conversations using only Simpsons quotes. Like The Office, it's fallen into disrepute, but unlike The Office, it's actually rebounded and recovered its former glory.

5. Mystery Science Theater 3000 - The first show that consistently delivered at least one moment per episode in which I was genuinely afraid I was in physical danger from laughing so hard (The Ricky Gervais Show finally succeeded it in that regard). They filmed the series just a few miles from where I grew up and my "dream job" was to get an internship or something there after high school. The show ended the year after I graduated.

6. Survivor - I feel I have to include Survivor, even though it sucks. In fact, "Survivor Sucks" is the name of the show's largest fansite, where I have been an administrator for over ten years. That's the only reason I still watch the show, which has gotten uninspired and contrived. At its best, though, Survivor has been a riveting experiment on sociology and transpired the genre it ushered in.

I like many other shows but decided to mention these six because that's the mood I'm in at the moment.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
sar94pga (February 11th, 2013)