I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 4th, 2006, 02:56 PM
IHBB Freak

sunday night we had 2 total people - it was busier than any normal friday or saturday night - I asked the SM for extra coverage but he said we didn't need it. we got screwed.

monday - i opened - it was fucking crazy just like Sunday night, luckily I had a CSR to help out most of the afternoon. when I left it was still packed. Have fun tonight!
Unread September 4th, 2006, 05:39 PM

It was very quiet at my store today, could have had a nap without anyone noticing. Everything was already cleaned too. The schedule, preping the endcaps for tomorrow, returns, all done by 11am. Very boring day for me.
Unread September 4th, 2006, 07:19 PM

Alot of managers couldn't do anything about the amount of hours used on Sunday. They have to run with the amount of hours given them (labor demand) Unfortunately Compass NEVER figures holidays correctly.
Unread September 4th, 2006, 07:21 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwanttohavefun View Post
Alot of managers couldn't do anything about the amount of hours used on Sunday. They have to run with the amount of hours given them (labor demand) Unfortunately Compass NEVER figures holidays correctly.
Actually before the holiday you can factor in the holiday. Eveyweek compass will ask you about the upcoming calender. It's up to the manager to input the dates.
The top Poster!
Unread September 4th, 2006, 08:27 PM
IHBB GOD

we got hammered saturday night because of Ernesto, gave away 80 onlines, which is a lot for us. we also beat our TRN goal for the day by like 1500 bucks. Sunday was steady, they could have used a 3rd person, but only for like an hour out of the whole night.

Today was fine. Dead for most of the morning. I was prolly busier tonight, i didnt bother to call and check on them. I had 2 managers on tonight, so i am sure all was well. That and they know they can call someone in if they need to. they just had better to be able to back up why they did.
Unread September 4th, 2006, 08:33 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar94pga View Post
we got hammered saturday night because of Ernesto, gave away 80 onlines, which is a lot for us. we also beat our TRN goal for the day by like 1500 bucks. Sunday was steady, they could have used a 3rd person, but only for like an hour out of the whole night.

Today was fine. Dead for most of the morning. I was prolly busier tonight, i didnt bother to call and check on them. I had 2 managers on tonight, so i am sure all was well. That and they know they can call someone in if they need to. they just had better to be able to back up why they did.
Welcome to my world! Every time we have a hurricane coming people flock to the store . Problem is we always lose power here and they want a refund. Hah! No way!
The top Poster!
Unread September 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreKeith View Post
So does anyone actually have a store like Video Spot in Benchwarmers, where it's slow enough that you can have two people out on the floor running movies at the same time? If so I want a transfer.
I haven't seen Benchwarmers (its actually sitting in my living room right now) but most weeknights both the manager and CSR can walk away from the register for a good amount of time without being bothered at my store. We just try to always have someone near the front in case someone is ready to check out or someone comes in and needs something. And I keep the cordless phone in my pocket, that way if the CSR needs me and I'm not the back they can find me. It works pretty well except for nights like tonight when I walk out, lock the door, and then smack myself for leaving the phone in my pocket. But I just threw it in the dropbox, my SM opens tomorrow and she knows I'm forgetful.
Unread September 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to IrishSL
Yea, up here in the Northeast we're constantly getting rainy weekends... which I don't mind b/c the time goes by quicker, but the SM doesn't seem to care about extra coverage-- so we get lines that wrap into the BSI section when one person goes on their half hour. Gotta love BB... I'm just happy the quarter is almost over and we'll be getting that *beloved* bonus that's supposed to make up for having shitty HR and corporate mgt
Unread September 4th, 2006, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice View Post
Last night - Sunday - we did more revenue than Friday and Saturday easily. Friday is usually a little less than Saturday, and Sunday is a little less than Friday. But this past weekend Friday was busy, Saturday was busier, and Sunday was hell.

What the fuck does that even mean? For all I know, you only have two stores in your city, and they're first, so you're last.

Our District goes by general Area. St. Augestine, a few Daytona stores and us. We have quite a few big stores and I considering the cutbacks in DL, our District is pretty big. Don't hate me

We were busy as hell tonight. Love it.
Unread September 4th, 2006, 11:17 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudedos View Post
Our District goes by general Area. St. Augestine, a few Daytona stores and us. We have quite a few big stores and I considering the cutbacks in DL, our District is pretty big. Don't hate me
No one hates you. But you STILL didn't answer the question.

Sort of like the person that claimed that their store was "in the top-10" in their district.

Well, I should hope so, esp if you have a 10-store district

--Helena Bonham Carter