I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 8th, 2006, 07:20 AM
IHBB GOD

WANTED: TV Boxet Boxes (of varying sizes) -- UK Request & Rant (sort of)

Hello all,

How is everyone doing for TV boxset boxes? Since we ran out long ago, and every time something new is released, we'd had to take the box from one of the slower-renting boxsets in order to display the new title. We have about 15 or so boxsets now sitting gathering dust.

Apparently, there are no current plans to make reordering of these boxes available.

We've asked around the district, but no-one has any to spare which seems to suggest, we're not alone in our shortage.

So.

a) Is anyone else having this problem? Do you think we should complain en masse to Ops in order to start making them available to order?

and

b) Does anyone have any to spare? Please PM if so, we are desperate.

Thanks for your time.
Unread November 8th, 2006, 07:13 PM
IHBB GOD

I wish we had box sets at my store - apparently we're not the right grade, or some bullshit.
Unread November 8th, 2006, 07:57 PM

Store I work at has 2 bays full of box sets, with zig zags on every shelf.

I couldn't be of help though, we only use cover boxes for our BSI so we never got any of these cases in the first place.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 01:21 AM
IHBB GOD

You could always stick multiple standard double disk Amaray together with double sided tape. I think that's we've done at my store for the Back To The Future trilogy (which isn't a box set for us, just a standard B code).

Edit - that is for titles with 4 discs or less. That would be good for futurama etc, but not for Band of Brothers.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 05:55 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageUK View Post
You could always stick multiple standard double disk Amaray together with double sided tape. I think that's we've done at my store for the Back To The Future trilogy (which isn't a box set for us, just a standard B code).

Edit - that is for titles with 4 discs or less. That would be good for futurama etc, but not for Band of Brothers.
If you put a rubber band through both amarays it works well too. We do that a lot at my store because we always seem to have a shortage of double disk amarays.
Unread November 9th, 2006, 09:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageUK View Post

We were meant to split that boxset up, but the "inserts" they sent in were ridiculous, so I left ours as a boxset. We still did CD-ROMs back then, so I nicked one of the 3 disc boxes from those.

The thing got damaged more times than I care to remember (we kept replacing it with fresh discs), so I eventually put an override on it to make it a 'T' code (5 for 7-nights).

Anyways, we're not putting stuff in covers! We'll hold out on that as long as possible. The rubber band thing would work for some, but we need a 7-disc box for '24...

It all appears to be academic now, since someone reliably informed me you can actually order the boxes through Ops? Either my SM was lying to me, or the person he spoke to was!
Unread November 9th, 2006, 10:24 AM
IHBB Freak

"Cover Box! Cover Box! Cover Box"
Unread November 9th, 2006, 12:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by the boy wonder uk View Post
"Cover Box! Cover Box! Cover Box"
eh? '
Unread November 9th, 2006, 01:40 PM
IHBB Freak

send em out in em
Unread November 9th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissHailstorm View Post
Anyways, we're not putting stuff in covers! We'll hold out on that as long as possible.
Strictly speaking, renting your BSI out in the cover boxes is a very good idea. It allows for a ton more stock to go on your shelves, since you can zig zag multiple titles and the customers can still see the spines.

It avoids confusing the customers who bring up the cover boxes anyway, have kids that want to look at the pictures when they get home, or simply are too retarded to read the title on the rental box until they get home.

Most importantly, it halves the cost of DVD cases, since you only need the cover box as opposed to the cover box plus the rental case. Therefore you would not need to be pulling your hair out finding these extra cases, because, well you would never need them.

The downside is that you HAVE to have enough stock to keep the shelves full, which would include your box set range. Otherwise your store would always look a right royal mess.

The theft issue; whereby the average Chav will be more inclined to steal a rental they have a DVD case for, has surprisingly not been much of an issue at my store. Then again, with a different customer base come different security measures that I'm sure you already have in place at your store.