I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > Do You Hate Blockbuster Video?

Unread January 10th, 2009, 02:58 AM
IHBB GOD

Shenanigans!!

is my district the only one pushing the new 2 soda, 1 popcorn bucket for $4.99 promotion? i want to know because i have a serious problem with it: i'm not in the business to jip customers.

it's been selling fairly easy, most likely because the $2.22 soda display has been taken down and replaced with the new promotion. we have to keep track of them like presales/rewards so, of course, i do my job and try to sell as much as i can. but after selling 7 on my own last night, i suddenly realized i had jipped customers each time.

sodas still come up in the system at 2 for $2.22. popcorn buckets are $2.49 each. together, they are 4.71 (no tax on food in my city). the promotion adds a random 28 cents to that total. so i made Blockbuster an extra $1.96 off of a promotion that adds no worth last night. if i were to sell that much every shift i worked last week, that would be nearly $8. if every CSR at my store were to do the same, the total would be roughly $50 a week.

i wonder what Blockbuster plans to do with the extra $50 coming in every week. new uniforms maybe?
Unread January 10th, 2009, 09:30 AM
IHBB GOD

You can't factor in a discounted price of sodas into that. The value of those goods would really be
Code:
  2 x 1.49
+     2.49
---------
Otherwise it's kind of like complaining that movies are 3 for 20 but you can't get one for $6.66. Yes, it's a promotion. Additionally, the point of these bundles is to move additional goods, so perhaps they might have only bought 2 of the 3 items otherwise. As far as what's Blockbuster going to do with its revenue, how about not go bankrupt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HardcoreKeith For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (January 11th, 2009), sar94pga (January 10th, 2009)
Unread January 10th, 2009, 09:34 AM
IHBB GOD

Well, it's not a problem if you consider the sodas to sell at their single price, even though the savings then is just a few cents. Also, I've never known the computer to add money to a promotion. But I'll look into this today. Whether or not it's wrong depends on if we still have any 2/2.22 signage up. If we don't, then that promotion isn't valid and the computer is doing it as a mistake.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread January 10th, 2009, 03:00 PM
IHBB GOD

Okay, we don't have any 2/$2.22 signage up, so technically you do save money with the deal. It's not wrong, it's just cheap and lame, which is no different than the average BB promotion.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
HardcoreKeith (January 10th, 2009)
Unread January 10th, 2009, 04:53 PM

Unless the price of popcorn has gone up, customers save a whole $.19!
Unread January 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
IHBB GOD

sure, at the original 1.49 singular pricing, there is an actual discount.

but if you scan 2 sodas first and hit total, the discounted price rings up @ 2.22 still. if you hit total again and add a popcorn bucket, the total becomes $4.71. i had this naturally occur when customers purchased 2 sodas, at which i suggested the promotion for an extra popcorn, hitting below the actual 4.99 amount.
Unread January 10th, 2009, 06:30 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
but if you scan 2 sodas first and hit total, the discounted price rings up @ 2.22 still
Solution: Don't do that.
Unread January 10th, 2009, 11:50 PM
IHBB Freak

my store...the 2.22 doesnt do it anymore...we tested it to see if that is still active, and it is not.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread January 11th, 2009, 01:04 AM
IHBB GOD

yep, they just fixed it yesterday morning at our store actually. no more 2 for 2.22.
Unread January 11th, 2009, 06:31 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
yep, they just fixed it yesterday morning at our store actually. no more 2 for 2.22.
There ya go, problem solved. Just go back to selling the promotion like a good employee....(Although it is a lame promotion)
The top Poster!