I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread May 14th, 2009, 01:11 PM

May 14th, 2009 - The Beginning of...

...more of the same for Blockbuster!

Well, well...I have to admit...I was wrong.

They suprised the hell out of me and pulled through.

Here is a hearty golf-clap to the company that much like Wal-Mart, has single handedly destroyed so many small ma and pa retailers that they should be ashamed of themselves.

I must state though, they had to rely on Candian loans and funds to pull through even with same-store sales dwindling. Damn those Canadians!

In the words of South Park, BLAME CANADA

As for those still employed at the Block, you still have time to run and find a company that respects you as a person and will treat you and pay you what you are really worth.
Unread May 14th, 2009, 01:47 PM
IHBB GOD

hmm, i feel like some taco bell.
Unread May 14th, 2009, 01:48 PM

I don't get how everyone harps on Blockbuster for cornering the market and putting mom and pop stores out of business. It's survival of the fittest. How can you blame a company for doing what it's supposed to do and expand?

In nature we don't sit around and harass lions for killing the gazelles. Look at every other sector of the retail world, you don't see mom and pop stores anymore of any kind, grocery stores, department stores, electriconcs and tv repair shops, these are all corporate run now. If consumers cared enough about supporting small businesses they would shop there and boycott corporations, but they don't they want the cheapest price and most convent way to get it and if BBV hadn't provided that some one else would have.

Don't blame Blockbuster for being successful, if tomorrow Netflix drove BBV out of business I would obviously be upset but I wouldn't blame the loss of my job on they tyranny of Netflix executives.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mxnl1090 For This Useful Post:
Thanatos (May 14th, 2009)
Unread May 14th, 2009, 03:38 PM

Hilarious. Blockbuster isn't "still alive", it's barely breathing. They just reported a 39% decline in revenue. They ended the quarter with roughly $100 million in cash. The stock just plunged 30% yet again. It's only a matter of a few business days before the stock goes even further down again.

FTA:

Quote:
Keyes said he thinks Blockbuster's video rentals should pick up later this year when some of the movies that recently filled the movie theaters are released on DVD. Nevertheless, Blockbuster is bracing for its same-store sales to dwindle through most of this year.
What a farce. The first quarter of the year is always a "dumping ground" for shitty movies. What's Keyes hoping for, Summer releases to come to stores faster? Every Oscar-nominated movie was released on DVD already, and demand hasn't really climbed at all. Our store made less than $500 in revenue yesterday *total*. That's right. Total. We had six shifts in that store the other day. One SM (~8 to 9 hours), two five-hour CSR shifts, two seven-hour CSR shifts, and one seven-hour SL shift. At the wages we're paid, this is a net profit of less than $200 after paying all the employees off. Way to go, store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxnl1090 View Post
I don't get how everyone harps on Blockbuster for cornering the market and putting mom and pop stores out of business. It's survival of the fittest. How can you blame a company for doing what it's supposed to do and expand?

In nature we don't sit around and harass lions for killing the gazelles. Look at every other sector of the retail world, you don't see mom and pop stores anymore of any kind, grocery stores, department stores, electriconcs and tv repair shops, these are all corporate run now. If consumers cared enough about supporting small businesses they would shop there and boycott corporations, but they don't they want the cheapest price and most convent way to get it and if BBV hadn't provided that some one else would have.

Don't blame Blockbuster for being successful, if tomorrow Netflix drove BBV out of business I would obviously be upset but I wouldn't blame the loss of my job on they tyranny of Netflix executives.
Fuck lions. They're driving the gazelles out of business.
Unread May 14th, 2009, 03:39 PM
IHBB GOD

There StockMarket was impressive. Nice come back from .22

Guess I was right after all ^_^
Unread May 14th, 2009, 04:33 PM

Yeah, and after hours trading has their stock down to .88 cents a share, and it continues to drop. Looks like Keyes spin didn't help increase consumer market confidence.

BLOCKBUSTER INC(NYSE: BBI)
After Hours: 0.88 0.26 (22.81%) 7:59PM EThelp
Last Trade: 1.14
Trade Time: 4:03pm ET
Change: 0.11 (10.68%)
Prev Close: 1.03
Open: 1.08
Bid: N/A
Ask: N/A
1y Target Est: 3.21
Day's Range: 1.03 - 1.15
52wk Range: 0.13 - 3.55
Volume: 5,221,651
Avg Vol (3m): 3,139,200
Market Cap: 220.30M
P/E (ttm): N/A
EPS (ttm): -2.01
Div & Yield: N/A (N/A)
Unread May 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM
IHBB GOD

[quote=buyacombopass;301780]Hilarious. Blockbuster isn't "still alive", it's barely breathing. They just reported a 39% decline in revenue. They ended the quarter with roughly $100 million in cash. The stock just plunged 30% yet again. It's only a matter of a few business days before the stock goes even further down again.

FTA:

This may be the most ignorant uneducated line I've read in months. Granted I havent read Kawliga's gloom and doom dreams from a company he was fired from.

BBV reported a 39% decline in profits you fing idiot. NOT REVENUE. How stupid are you, seriously?

The stock also DIDNT plunge. If you understood the market at all you would understand the stock was artificially inflated because in the last 1-14 days before a results are announced the gamblers jump in the market and hope they pick the right direction.

BBV actually after adjusted results had better than expected profits. Its 11% revenue decline was in line with most analysts.

I'm constantly amazed at the 6th grade level economics majors that tend to pop out during these times.

If you had any feel for the market you would know right now in this jittery market if a company doesnt post results well over the streets expectations they are pulling it back bigtime. Hell recently BAC and C posted larger than expected profits and still pulled back heavily because they street expected even more.

After todays pull back from the gambling bets BBI still sits above where it was before all the hedging started.

As always though thanks for more uneducated ignorant unknowledgible comments.

BBI Stock

30 days ago .77
14 days ago .72
10 days ago .82
7 days ago .84

It still sits .16 ABOVE where the typical gambling and bet hedging starts prior to results release. Looks like a win.
Unread May 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcClane View Post
...more of the same for Blockbuster!

Well, well...I have to admit...I was wrong.

They suprised the hell out of me and pulled through.
LOL
The top Poster!
Unread May 14th, 2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by buyacombopass View Post
Hilarious. Blockbuster isn't "still alive", it's barely breathing. They just reported a 39% decline in revenue. They ended the quarter with roughly $100 million in cash. The stock just plunged 30% yet again. It's only a matter of a few business days before the stock goes even further down again.

FTA:
This may be the most ignorant uneducated line I've read in months. Granted I havent read Kawliga's gloom and doom dreams from a company he was fired from.

BBV reported a 39% decline in profits you fing idiot. NOT REVENUE. How stupid are you, seriously?

The stock also DIDNT plunge. If you understood the market at all you would understand the stock was artificially inflated because in the last 1-14 days before a results are announced the gamblers jump in the market and hope they pick the right direction.

BBV actually after adjusted results had better than expected profits. Its 11% revenue decline was in line with most analysts.

I'm constantly amazed at the 6th grade level economics majors that tend to pop out during these times.

If you had any feel for the market you would know right now in this jittery market if a company doesnt post results well over the streets expectations they are pulling it back bigtime. Hell recently BAC and C posted larger than expected profits and still pulled back heavily because they street expected even more.

After todays pull back from the gambling bets BBI still sits above where it was before all the hedging started.

As always though thanks for more uneducated ignorant unknowledgible comments.

BBI Stock

30 days ago .77
14 days ago .72
10 days ago .82
7 days ago .84

It still sits .16 ABOVE where the typical gambling and bet hedging starts prior to results release. Looks like a win.
I've never met a retard who's incapable of getting forum tags for quotes correctly until today! Needless to say, I'm amazed at the lack of life you have posting on here, defending a piece of shit company. Well, I guess you are what you defend

You called me an "fing idiot"? What is "fing"? Are you so fucking brain damaged that you started making up words? Man, and I thought I was supposed to be the uneducated one in the argument. You're just proving me wrong left and right! Amazing.

Also let's note how you conveniently chose to ignore the fact that my store made less than $100 yesterday before paying off electricity bills. But I'd be a bigot like you if I didn't respond to every point of your post, so let's start:

1. You haven't read Kawliga's comments lately, but you want to just proclaim my statement as the "most ignorant uneducated line" you've read? Talk about a lack of grammar and punctuation there.

2. Kawliga resigned, he wasn't fired. For someone who's a hermit and lives on this forum all day, all one would have to do is perform a simple search function to find that out.

3. I'm smarter than you, because I can obviously provoke you to prove how retarded you are!

4. Well, wasn't that stupid of the gamblers? I bet you were quite pleased when the stock was going up too! You can't have a double standard, fucktard.

5. Better than expected profits? FTA I quoted earlier:
Quote:
But Blockbuster's revenue plunged nearly 20 percent to $1.12 billion — nearly $200 million below analyst estimates.
I guess you inbreds never learned the difference between "above" and "below"? How stupid can you get? Please reply so I can find out!

6. Sixth grade economics majors are probably more proficient in providing actual substance to this forum that you're capable of. Did you know that there are more websites on the internet besides this forum, the Blockbuster.com website, and Netflix.com? I know, it's amazing. Take a deep breath before you go exploring.

7. So you're admitting now that Blockbuster didn't meet expectations, after just saying that they surpassed them? How fucking stupid are you? Do you read the things you type before you post them, or do you have somebody type it for you because you're mentally disabled?

8. Looks like a loss. You're very welcome for my postings, because without them I wouldn't have seen how stupid you are!

Have a great day!
Unread May 14th, 2009, 05:34 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyacombopass View Post
I've never met a retard who's incapable of getting forum tags for quotes correctly until today! Needless to say, I'm amazed at the lack of life you have posting on here, defending a piece of shit company. Well, I guess you are what you defend

You called me an "fing idiot"? What is "fing"? Are you so fucking brain damaged that you started making up words? Man, and I thought I was supposed to be the uneducated one in the argument. You're just proving me wrong left and right! Amazing.

Also let's note how you conveniently chose to ignore the fact that my store made less than $100 yesterday before paying off electricity bills. But I'd be a bigot like you if I didn't respond to every point of your post, so let's start:

1. You haven't read Kawliga's comments lately, but you want to just proclaim my statement as the "most ignorant uneducated line" you've read? Talk about a lack of grammar and punctuation there.

2. Kawliga resigned, he wasn't fired. For someone who's a hermit and lives on this forum all day, all one would have to do is perform a simple search function to find that out.

3. I'm smarter than you, because I can obviously provoke you to prove how retarded you are!

4. Well, wasn't that stupid of the gamblers? I bet you were quite pleased when the stock was going up too! You can't have a double standard, fucktard.

5. Better than expected profits? FTA I quoted earlier:

I guess you inbreds never learned the difference between "above" and "below"? How stupid can you get? Please reply so I can find out!

6. Sixth grade economics majors are probably more proficient in providing actual substance to this forum that you're capable of. Did you know that there are more websites on the internet besides this forum, the Blockbuster.com website, and Netflix.com? I know, it's amazing. Take a deep breath before you go exploring.

7. So you're admitting now that Blockbuster didn't meet expectations, after just saying that they surpassed them? How fucking stupid are you? Do you read the things you type before you post them, or do you have somebody type it for you because you're mentally disabled?

8. Looks like a loss. You're very welcome for my postings, because without them I wouldn't have seen how stupid you are!

Have a great day!

Thanks again for providing me with more facts that you truly are a complete and utter moran.

Add this tag to your IHBB nic "Moran Esq."