I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 2nd, 2010, 05:47 PM

Thumbs down Why is no one talking about the delisting?

Seriously, this is gigantic.
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 06:07 PM

delisting of what? staff.. thats been going on for awhile but Blockbusterstore482 says they are listening. Yea and my shit is gold
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
By : Erik Gruenwedel | Posted: 02 Jul 2010
egruenwedel@questex.com

Shares of Blockbuster Inc. July 2 resumed trading at 9:30 a.m. EDT, nearly 24 hours after the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) halted activity on the stock.

Dallas-based Blockbuster, which announced July 1 it had received a six-week reprieve from creditors regarding a $42.4 million interest payment, still faces likely delisting on NYSE after shareholders failed to approve a reverse stock split that would have brought share prices above the minimum $1 limit.

Blockbuster entered into a forbearance agreement until Aug. 13 with creditors holding $675 million in bond debt.

Despite the turmoil, analyst Michael Pachter with Wedbush Morgan Securities in Los Angeles believes Blockbuster’s business (Express kiosks, VOD placement in third party consumer electronics devices, mobile phones and cable networks) is improving slightly, despite a challenging future.

“We continue to believe that upside potential for the stock is limited in the near-term until the company can stabilize its sales, improve profitability and finalize a recapitalization plan,” Pachter wrote in a note.

Indeed, Blockbuster shares were down more than 22% to 18 cents per share in heavy mid-morning trading.

Unread July 2nd, 2010, 07:14 PM

honestly who would invest 18 cents a share to a company that would sink in least a year. I rather spend my money on weed and beer
The Following User Says Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
zooworker (July 2nd, 2010)
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 07:18 PM

Hey, Ebon, read the "Blockbuster seeks reverse stock split" thread. We've been talking about the general subject for a couple of days now. BTW, stock dropped another 20% today....YAAAAAA!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apartment110 For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (July 3rd, 2010), zooworker (July 2nd, 2010)
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 07:25 PM
IHBB Freak

because they want us in the field to act like nothing is happening
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 09:07 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
honestly who would invest 18 cents a share to a company that would sink in least a year. I rather spend my money on weed and beer
The thing is, stocks are all about percentages. It doesn't matter if the shares are $50 or $5 each, it's all about percentages, because it's directly related to how much you invest. And with Blockbuster down at 18 cents per share, it can do one of two things in the long run:

- delist
- increase heavily

A week ago or so, for instance, Blockbuster shares rose 20% in one day. Someone who had purchase, let's say, $10k worth of shares the day before would have made $2k profit selling the next day.

Someone out there with a ton of cash just sitting around might want to say, "Oh, what the hell, let's invest a million into Blockbuster and see what happens."
Unread July 2nd, 2010, 09:29 PM

Didn't you read the memo? Business as usual. Except for the stuff that's not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheAnomaly For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (July 3rd, 2010), omg_bbv (July 2nd, 2010)
Unread July 3rd, 2010, 12:06 AM
IHBB GOD

meh this was bound to happen long ago.
Unread July 3rd, 2010, 07:06 AM

one thing I miss about working at BBV, is seeing the communication updates/emails with the "business as usual" tones
The Following User Says Thank You to TheShooter87 For This Useful Post:
Ghost of AtlanticVamp (July 3rd, 2010)