I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 31st, 2010, 08:03 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm View Post
Yes, while I agree, I also think it's about time people handled shit for themselves, and not let lawyers do it. I can totally understand if it's the other way around, I had a Store Manager pretty much openly discriminate against me over my personal preferences with teh mens (and I'm not even really open about it, but if you ask I'll tell ya, and she asked.), but nothing got done about it when I did complain (She was of a minority herself, so it's like "Omg some white gay kid is saying some mean black lady hates him, but does gay trump black, or vica versa?! Oh noez! HR Meltdown!") Those laws and policies exist to protect people, but more often than not, they are abused, and don't end up protecting the people they need to.

How many people do you think actually get fired for REAL discrimination, as opposed to some dumb nutjob calling gay people derogatory names? If we fired and sued people over that, the entire American High School and College population would be either unemployed or in jail. (More so than it is now.)
It does get abused, but someone shouldn't be all non challant about it, especially when they got caught, *points to thread op*
I applied for colleges and didn't put what race I was...I didn't want to be my deciding factor of why I got in. But so many people do it, well, why the hell not.

Ugh. I think a movie quote will sum up my feelings best.

Bulworth, Warren Beatty, "What do we have to do? keep fucking each other till we're all the same color?"

Unread August 31st, 2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Bulworth, Warren Beatty, "What do we have to do? keep fucking each other till we're all the same color?"
Right? If you're a straight, skinny, white, christian, male you pretty much need to get some kind of terminal illness or something to survive in the corporate world, because everyone else is un-firable.

"Dear Customer: I work here, I know more than you, so clearly I am right." - Me
Unread September 1st, 2010, 12:01 AM

Regardless of getting fired, BB can never take away the fact that I banged a chick in the backroom. Not a gf either, some random chick I used to know texted me, 'I have an itch that needs to be scratched. Would you like to help me scratch it? And the rest was BB history, haha.
Unread September 1st, 2010, 05:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finallyfreebaby View Post
Regardless of getting fired, BB can never take away the fact that I banged a chick in the backroom. Not a gf either, some random chick I used to know texted me, 'I have an itch that needs to be scratched. Would you like to help me scratch it? And the rest was BB history, haha.
I think you probably need to go to the doctor after that. An itch, scary. Horney, Yes!
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Ninja (September 2nd, 2010)