I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 5th, 2010, 09:08 PM

At the Family Video here, they have to wear slacks, long sleeve shirt and a tie.
Unread September 5th, 2010, 10:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter87 View Post
The one near me they just wear pretty much whatever they want as long as its tasteful im assuming, which is IMO something BBV should adopt
That was my store's policy as well. Well, we required Blockbuster/movie-related shirts, but jeans were okay as long as they looked nice.
Unread September 6th, 2010, 01:33 AM

Good luck with the job possibility. I long for the day I could open my own video store and act like Randall from "Clerks." I also long for the day I could be rich enough to act like him and not care about the massive void of customers that would earn me...
Unread September 6th, 2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteice View Post
That was my store's policy as well. Well, we required Blockbuster/movie-related shirts, but jeans were okay as long as they looked nice.
Around here, being able to wear jeans for a week is a "reward" for hitting sales goals.
Unread September 7th, 2010, 04:00 PM
IHBB Freak

I can only wish they would let us wear jeans. My khaki slacks are filthy by the end of one shift, and that's only four hours. Jeans make more sense considering that so much of the job entails running, bending, lifting... just more comfortable. I know it's so that we look more professional but... seriously? The store looks like a flea market and half my customers show up in their pj's. And even with the AC running, my store is still about 80 degrees at any given time.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Veruka_Salt For This Useful Post:
BrowncoatNada (September 7th, 2010), BUYMECAR (September 7th, 2010), lucky me (September 8th, 2010)
Unread September 7th, 2010, 09:56 PM
IHBB GOD

so true, i hate having to constantly wash my khakis. i had hoped that buying 2 pants and 2 shorts would prevent incessant preparations for a shift but they easily dirty.

=3
Unread September 8th, 2010, 04:28 AM

The whole tie nonsense reminds me of our DM & RDO announcing that we would need to wear suits & ties to our DBR's.

"It's a business meeting and you should dress to reflect that".

I sent an email to both from a throwaway email account asking if the above were true, that they should actually treat the SM's as professionals and not micro-manage the almighty shit out of nor threaten us daily with our jobs because we missed our candy bundles by one.

It was little more than them to express their over inflated sense of self importance. A tie? Please. It's a fucking video rental store and the customer base dresses in their PJ's.
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

SPAY AND / OR NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS: Please watch this...
Clicky
Unread September 8th, 2010, 04:57 AM

They didn't change your dress-code? That sucks Canada-wide got a whole new change...I think. We're wearing jeans and black t-shirts that have a little silver BBV logo on it as opposed to the bombardment of advertising crap that was usually on them.

As for AC/Heat issues, my store has problems on a monthly basis, it works when it wants and when it breaks it takes months to get fixed
Unread September 8th, 2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltdown View Post
A tie? Please. It's a fucking video rental store and the customer base dresses in their PJ's.
I was going to say the same thing. It goes for khakis too. If it's ok from time to time to wear jeans then it should be ok all the time. Don't make it an effin' reward. If you want to give a reward give me money.
Unread September 8th, 2010, 08:04 AM

I would even be fine with cargo pants, or a looser definition on khakis. At least we can wear black now, but still. And don't get me started on the ridiculous shorts policy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbemp_can View Post
They didn't change your dress-code? That sucks Canada-wide got a whole new change...I think. We're wearing jeans and black t-shirts that have a little silver BBV logo on it as opposed to the bombardment of advertising crap that was usually on them.
You guys are lucky then. We have the same shirts (SO much better than the old ones) which is a step in the right direction, but no jeans.