I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 8th, 2010, 06:22 PM
IHBB Freak

That's what he needs the bonus for... to hire more.
Unread April 8th, 2010, 06:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
DOn't they burn evil people at the stake?
Yeah, your right dumbasses should be drug out to the street and shot.
Not evil just fucking stoopid.
Unread April 8th, 2010, 08:47 PM
IHBB Freak

Right now, this company is struggling. Our stores are getting slower and slower by the week. I can see it in our deposits.

We're getting our asses handed to us on a silver platter by other competitions. It's so obvious that everyone is asking us.

Now. I'm a hard working employee. I don't scam customers, I don't steal items, take things and not pay for them. I work hard for my paycheck. I have not had a merit raise in two years. I have not had a bonus in my store for the last year because we're a low volume store. Next thing I know, my hours get cut (because the entire store hours got cut) and I lose an average of five hours a week due to those cuts so I either have to do a double in another store or work six days (one day in another store) WHEN they've got time/room for it JUST to make 40 hours per week to pay my bills.

I've got a couple thousand in collections for medical bills due to the medical coverage offered by blockbuster when I was part time. My significant other has been out of work for almost two years because he can't find a job. I will take almost any hours I can get to make the money I need. I'm struggling.

Instead of using the fucking money that the higher ups got as bonuses, they can't give their hard working employees raises?!

FUCK. If they gave me WORKING computers and a WORKING sensormatic and HOURS to HIRE and TRAIN GOOD EMPLOYEES and not treat me like CRAP every time I hit a little over time, OR didn't get RID of 4Stars, then MAYBE just MAYBE I wouldn't be so bitter about NOT getting a RAISE.

Fuck you Jim Keyes. You've got employees making up whatever fucking lies or excuses for the decisions you make so people come back and you can't even give us a MOTW thanking us for that hard week. Why not stop lying to us and give us the straight shit. Get on your little webcam and say something we need to hear like how we're REALLY doing.

I want a job where I don't have to fight for my fucking hours to make ends meet. I want a job I can rely on for giving me enough hours that I need because I work hard and am a good employee. I know my boss knows I work well for them and if they could give me a raise they would. But come on. You're gonna fucking give yourself a 400k bonus? For what? Bringing late fees back? Oh sorry, additional daily rates. Oh, I know, you're getting a 400k bonus for renaming the late fee. You clever dick you.

GOD. Why not AT LEAST let us have four star csrs so the MODs can use their FUCKING PTO instead of LOSING IT. Or, so we can AT LEAST have a GOD DAMN break everyone once in a fucking while!

I went a fucking year before I had a vacation. What's the point in PTO if I can't FUCKING USE IT.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ninja For This Useful Post:
abhorrent scowl (April 9th, 2010), AfricahereIcome (April 9th, 2010), uhohbusted69 (April 9th, 2010), yodavsjason (April 9th, 2010)
Unread April 8th, 2010, 08:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/News-F....html?x=0&.v=1

Rafat Ali, On Thursday April 8, 2010, 3:48 pm EDT
News Flash: Blockbuster Execs Still Got Bonuses, For "Fiscal Leadership"

"That's about the only thing you can say working for Blockbuster (NYSE: BBI - News) now, nevermind those movie studio deals that it closed over the last few weeks. Even Icahn's given up, further cutting his stake, according to an SEC filing earlier today. But, in its proxy filing couple of days ago, the company outlines compensation for its top execs for 2009, and somehow they all manage to eke out some bonuses for the year.

Here are a sample of the phrases used to justify those, despite it being on the brink of bankruptcy: "their contributions to the completion of a $675 million senior secured notes offering during difficult economic conditions"; "led the efforts to complete the offering"; "Because we believe the completion of the notes offering will enhance our liquidity and improve our operating flexibility, we determined that it was appropriate to compensate these named executive officers for their contributions to the transaction"; "awarded in recognition of his leadership in the amendment and extension of our revolving credit facility and cost-cutting efforts"; etc. Note none of these are for actual business development performance, just financial engineering."

Discuss.
No one gave me a bonus for my financial engineering.
I figured how to pay bills with credit cards (not having a good income)
Oh wait... I have to pay them back now plus more interest.
I know! I'll file Bankruptcy !
The top Poster!
Unread April 8th, 2010, 09:52 PM
IHBB Freak

hey zoo, thats blockbuster's longterm plan
Unread April 8th, 2010, 10:00 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
the reality is that they are trying hard to keep their execs with the company and the only way to get them to stay when times are tough? financial compensation.
Pff. Times were "tough" for the company 4 years ago. Now times are DIRE.

Unread April 9th, 2010, 05:17 AM
IHBB GOD

yeah, i suppose dire is a better term.

but you guys have to admit that in their eyes, we are replaceable assets. they've obviously made efforts thus far to make it aware.

they know that we know they know that we know.
Unread April 9th, 2010, 05:21 AM
IHBB GOD

Dire? BBV is the Walking Dead.

I would love for the company to recover, but everyone in the company is so fucking blind to what's going on that they are doomed.

The employees are the only good thing they have, so let's fuck em. I know so many good people that have been fucked in the last 2 months that nothing makes since about this place. I say fuck them all.

One day they will discover that trained well payed employees are better than a store full of monkeys. They run off old timers that make to much money and force ill prepared people into those positions. And guess what 2 months later they fire them, great plan guys.

Fuck, I feel like Kaw. I need a pickle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
AfricahereIcome (April 10th, 2010), zooworker (April 9th, 2010)
Unread April 9th, 2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodavsjason View Post
One day they will discover that trained well payed employees are better than a store full of monkeys. They run off old timers that make to much money and force ill prepared people into those positions. And guess what 2 months later they fire them, great plan guys.
I hope they realize this quickly... I'm a "4 star csr" and I'm getting less hours than CSRs.
Unread April 9th, 2010, 07:06 AM
IHBB GOD

makes sense don't it