I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM

Sales goals vs. theft

This has been covered before but I have to vent anyway. Last week almost everyone in our store come up short in their goals be a bundle, or a total access signup or whatever. So this week of course our DM is making threatening calls about writing up our SM, and whatever else came to his mind. Can someone explain to me how my not selling 3 more candy bundles is gonna save BB, especially considering I only found $140 worth of slashed open stolen movies last night. I have a great idea instead of worrying about how much candy I sell, let's stop the theft in stores. I could spend $50 and put a couple of cameras in our blind spots and at least maybe identify the thieves and maybe make them think twice if they know we have a camera there.
Unread August 11th, 2010, 04:10 PM
IHBB GOD

Foolish gmp, don't you know only employees steal from the company. If you don't LP would like to have a conversation with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to yodavsjason For This Useful Post:
omg_bbv (August 11th, 2010)
Unread August 11th, 2010, 04:16 PM

We used to physically "recover" product from people attempting to steal from us at my store. After about 3 or 4 people got their ass beat, we turned a high shrink store into a very low shrink store ;D
Unread August 11th, 2010, 04:18 PM

I'm so glad I don't have to empty my pockets like a dark skinned foreigner in JFK anymore. Know what happens If I go home with staplers and shit? I don't have my fucking stapler. O.O And have to borrow one for a month or two until the next supply order. Some employees actually realize you're shooting yourself in the foot by stealing! Shocker for the Blockbuster!
Unread August 11th, 2010, 04:18 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOre View Post
We used to physically "recover" product from people attempting to steal from us at my store. After about 3 or 4 people got their ass beat, we turned a high shrink store into a very low shrink store ;D
please tell us more in much more detail.
BUYMECAR (August 11th, 2010)
Unread August 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kOre View Post
That would be fun, let me get my gun out of the car, go ahead make my day...................
Unread August 11th, 2010, 04:29 PM
IHBB GOD

I ask you nicely to leave, now, now youse can't leave.
Unread August 11th, 2010, 04:43 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodavsjason View Post
Foolish gmp, don't you know only employees steal from the company. If you don't LP would like to have a conversation with you.
Quite true! Why else would 3 of the 4 cameras in our store focus exclusively on employees?

Obviously, we are the problem.
Sheesh. Blaming actual thieves for theft... for shame.
omg_bbv (August 11th, 2010)
Unread August 11th, 2010, 05:05 PM
IHBB GOD

You are the only thing they can control, clearly they cant/ dont know how to control money. Thier actions speak louder than words regarding the money issue. Your DM feels insignificant, therefore he/she takes it out on you.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread August 11th, 2010, 07:05 PM

The goals are a ridiculous concept.

I fully understand the importance of making a profit to Blockbuster, but it seems like Blockbuster doesn't understand the importance of keeping customers rather than annoying them into never coming back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to farmface For This Useful Post:
Spohiesmom2008 (September 7th, 2010), Veruka_Salt (September 7th, 2010)