I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 17th, 2011, 06:56 AM
IHBB GOD

More More Stores closing

So anyone noticing more stores are closing? I mean, you find out 2-3 are closing then 2 are closing out of no where 13 days later. WTF? That was pretty fast! Are we trying to pay back the twilight debt now or something?
Unread February 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM

I've noticed. My district had about 13 stores at the end of December. Going to be down to about 6 by April.
Unread February 17th, 2011, 07:31 AM
IHBB GOD

yep the store closures are growing rampant!

old district down to 7 and it hasn't been made official which of the remaining stores will be part of the 12 new closures. i HATE murder mystery type film/segments, but it's a whole different specimen of joy with blockbuster!

=3
Unread February 17th, 2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
So anyone noticing more stores are closing? I mean, you find out 2-3 are closing then 2 are closing out of no where 13 days later. WTF? That was pretty fast! Are we trying to pay back the twilight debt now or something?
I dunno man, but some seriously bad shit is going on. I'm tellin ya, I don't think blockbuster is gonna make it out alive, I'm feeling the impending doom of liquidation. I mean ok close some stores to pay off some debt? Who freakin does that? I thought that's what bk protection was for, but then again I guess if summit wants thier money, bk isn't going to stand in the way of trying to reclaim it. But pretty soon were gonna run outta stores to close. Blockbuster seriously just needs to give up, and realize its over.
The Following User Says Thank You to its_me_ASM69 For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (February 17th, 2011)
Unread February 17th, 2011, 07:52 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_me_ASM69 View Post
I dunno man, but some seriously bad shit is going on. I'm tellin ya, I don't think blockbuster is gonna make it out alive, I'm feeling the impending doom of liquidation. I mean ok close some stores to pay off some debt? Who freakin does that?
Blockbuster has been selling off chunks of itself for years to look good for quarterly reports.

My question is will the studios then own Blockbuster Canada and also what will happen to Blockbuster UK. Both of these are profitable, right?
Unread February 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
IHBB GOD

Area served:North America, South America, Europe, Australia

At its peak in 2009, Blockbuster had up to 60,000 employees.[1] As of January 3, 2010, there were over 5,000 Blockbuster stores in the U.S. and 17 countries worldwide.At the end of year of 2010, Blockbuster's current employees are around 27,000 and stores in the usa below 3,000 stores.

At this point, if blockbuster keeps shrinking stores, Will they finally get rid of DMs? Can't 1 DM control half the state?
Unread February 17th, 2011, 03:47 PM

They will be closing stores in waves all through the year.

That is if chapter 7/a buy out doesn't force them into immediate liquidation before that.
Unread February 17th, 2011, 03:57 PM

yes. this is really bad. things are even worse than they appear. my district to is going to be down to about 5 stores after this round.
Unread February 17th, 2011, 04:34 PM

I heard from my sm that thete were about 400 peolple on the conf call for sm and dms, so however many dms there are minus the corp employees. I wonder if jim keyes and roger dunlap were on the call
Unread February 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM
IHBB Freak

Just found out my old store is being closed as well (along with quite a few others). Next week is the last week for rentals. As a rough estimate, I would say at least half of the stores in my area are being shut down.

Jesus, it's a bloodbath. My heart really goes out to those who now suddenly find themselves out of a job. I realize how lucky I was to get out when I did.

Hmmmm. What do you know? Candle bundles couldn't save the company. Who would have guessed that?
HelloItsMeMOM (February 19th, 2011)