I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread March 25th, 2009, 08:51 PM
IHBB GOD

see i only use my DVR for my tv shows. Never movies. duh, maybe cuz i work at a video store.
Unread March 25th, 2009, 09:18 PM

why use DVR or anything at this point. I tell you what, I use my netflix streaming movies and hulu for TV and film more than anything. Very seldom do I watch anything unless it is through the Internet.

TiVo is a dying unit in itself. It has been plagued by bad market hold for a few years now, and was backed by Circuit City. Hmmm...CC, BB, TiVo...what do these three have in common?

Bueller, Bueller...
Unread March 26th, 2009, 06:57 AM

I'm not an investor in Tivo stock, but I have three Lifetimed units so I do look at their financials from time to time. Tivo recently (within the last year) won a $100 Million verdict in a patent infringement case against DISH (like as in DishNetwork -- DirecTV's main competitor) I believe Tivo has a fairly large amount of cash on hand (roughly $100 million, but it may be a little bit more if DISH ever paid any of their settlement if they're not dragging it out in the appeals court process). Last time I checked DISH was still infringing on Tivo's patents but was supposed to be introducing a non-patent-infringing DVR at the earliest possible time. I think as long as DISH keeps infringing on Tivo's patents they have to pay a couple million dollars per month directly to Tivo. Tivo has an agreement with Comcast to provide software on their Motorola boxes (was rolled out in New England -- I've heard reports that the software might have been a little buggy, but that's all 2nd or 3rd hand and I don't actively follow the Tivo threads).
Unread March 26th, 2009, 07:19 AM
IHBB GOD

Dane Cook & his Tivo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPY-k_219es

Get up off your ass and get the fuck down here I got shit over here I'm tryin' to fuckin' sell!
Unread March 28th, 2009, 06:27 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMcClane View Post
why use DVR or anything at this point. I tell you what, I use my netflix streaming movies and hulu for TV and film more than anything. Very seldom do I watch anything unless it is through the Internet.

TiVo is a dying unit in itself. It has been plagued by bad market hold for a few years now, and was backed by Circuit City. Hmmm...CC, BB, TiVo...what do these three have in common?

Bueller, Bueller...
Exactly...
Unread March 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Exactly...
Two terminated employees in agreement.

What parallel do we see there?

Bueller, Bueller
Unread March 29th, 2009, 01:11 PM

I hope the stores get kiosk like the direct tv promotion. But if BBV is going to force sales on us well i guess a lot of people will be going to be written up or fired.
Unread March 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
IHBB GOD

just wanted to say i'm really starting to HATE netflix streaming movies. the sound quality and level is so loooow, i'm forced to use my headphones to hear dialogue.
Unread March 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
I hope the stores get kiosk like the direct tv promotion. But if BBV is going to force sales on us well i guess a lot of people will be going to be written up or fired.
Some how I see you being replaced much quicker than you finding a replacement job.
Unread March 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
IHBB Freak

I think we can sell them..and when we did the direct tv thing they didnt make the goals too high...
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.