I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 3rd, 2011, 08:23 PM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
Don't think we have the receipt. $3 bundle wasn't credited off. We paid $23 bucks. Thought it would be for 2 movies, wound up getting a bundle. Asked what happened if we didn't want the bundle, and were told we had to take it.
The receipt should have looked something like this:

The first coupon is to reduce the cost of the PVDs to $20 for the 2 for $20 PVD deal and the second is to reduce the cost of the popcorn, candy and soda for the $3 candy bundle.

If you tell the cashier that you want to buy the two PVDs at $14.99 each and don't care if you have to pay $29.98 the computer would still apply the -$9.98 coupon. I wonder what the CSR would say to that!
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthor View Post
The receipt should have looked something like this:

The first coupon is to reduce the cost of the PVDs to $20 for the 2 for $20 PVD deal and the second is to reduce the cost of the popcorn, candy and soda for the $3 candy bundle.

If you tell the cashier that you want to buy the two PVDs at $14.99 each and don't care if you have to pay $29.98 the computer would still apply the -$9.98 coupon. I wonder what the CSR would say to that!
I was going to leave this alone after my last post, but I just can't help myself.

Try doing this. Go tomorrow to any department or clothing store that has a sale for buy one get one half off. Let's say you are buying pants that are normally $50 each. After you get your receipt, tell the cashier you changed your mind and you only want the one on your receipt that says you were charged $25 and you don't want the $50 pair. What do you think they will say?

That example is the same as the one you are trying to provide by using your receipt as your proof. How it is rung up is irrelevant. What you purchased was advertised at $23. That is what you paid, regardless of how it was represented on the receipt.

It would be the same if you were buying something at the grocery store that was normally $1.50 each and the sale was buy 2, get one free. If the receipt showed you paid $1.00 for each one, are you going to flip out?

If Blockbuter didn't have a POS system from the 1980's, your receipt would actually show a charge of $10.00 for each of the PVD's. I've worked for a large department store that constantly ran specials such as the example I gave but the receipt for those pants would have each shown a price of $37.50 so that if you needed to return one, you would be given the appropriate proportionate rate per item as to not under value the return for you or the company.
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 10:36 PM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
That example is the same as the one you are trying to provide by using your receipt as your proof. How it is rung up is irrelevant. What you purchased was advertised at $23. That is what you paid, regardless of how it was represented on the receipt.

If Blockbuter didn't have a POS system from the 1980's, your receipt would actually show a charge of $10.00 for each of the PVD's. I've worked for a large department store that constantly ran specials such as the example I gave but the receipt for those pants would have each shown a price of $37.50 so that if you needed to return one, you would be given the appropriate proportionate rate per item as to not under value the return for you or the company.
It's not irrelevant. It's proof that there are actually 2 promotions going on like other people have pointed out. No matter what sign the misguided store personal decide to put up against corporate orders it's still in the computer as 2 promotions. If corporate wanted a 2 PVDs, popcorn, candy, and drink bundle they would implement a single promo code that would apply a $11.75 coupon to the transaction.

My point was that no matter how much the staff lies to you about the promotions offered anyone can still pretty much force them to shove their candy bundle up their ass if they just tell them they want to buy both PVDs for $14.99 each.

Our store gets over 100 bundles a week and we don't pull this shady shit. It's not that hard. Offer nicely to the customer. Act excited about it even if you'd rather fashion a rope out of Twizzlers and hang yourself with it. Point out the value and perhaps the savings compared to the theater prices. Suggest products you know are tasty or new. Don't act like you're going to be beat in the back room with channel strips if you don't get them to buy it either. Customers sense desperation. Acting like you don't care if they buy the bundle and that you're just trying to help them get a deal goes a long way. Who knows, maybe next time they'll come in and ask "Hey, do you still have that deal on the candy?" It happens all the time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuspectRoll For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (April 4th, 2011), its_me_ASM69 (April 4th, 2011)
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM

Quote:
It's not irrelevant. It's proof that there are actually 2 promotions going on like other people have pointed out. No matter what sign the misguided store personal decide to put up against corporate orders it's still in the computer as 2 promotions. If corporate wanted a 2 PVDs, popcorn, candy, and drink bundle they would implement a single promo code that would apply a $11.75 coupon to the transaction.

My point was that no matter how much the staff lies to you about the promotions offered anyone can still pretty much force them to shove their candy bundle up their ass if they just tell them they want to buy both PVDs for $14.99 each.

Our store gets over 100 bundles a week and we don't pull this shady shit. It's not that hard. Offer nicely to the customer. Act excited about it even if you'd rather fashion a rope out of Twizzlers and hang yourself with it. Point out the value and perhaps the savings compared to the theater prices. Suggest products you know are tasty or new. Don't act like you're going to be beat in the back room with channel strips if you don't get them to buy it either. Customers sense desperation. Acting like you don't care if they buy the bundle and that you're just trying to help them get a deal goes a long way. Who knows, maybe next time they'll come in and ask "Hey, do you still have that deal on the candy?" It happens all the time.
I still disagree on the receipt part, but lets just let that go.

I 100% agree with the last paragraph. I am so happy to find one other person on this board that feels 80 bundles a week is actually a reasonable goal!
Unread April 3rd, 2011, 10:55 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:

Pretty much yup. Customer is going to ask and see the candy price yet they only discount $1.77? Customer going to say, you charge me for the candle? And if its a long time customer that's been shopping for years. OMG, you will know what happens lol. He/she will figure it out. Its not hard. The only way to make this transaction legit is this

candy $1.99 + popcorn $1.19 + Soda $1.59 = $4.77
PVD $14.99 + PVD $14.99 + bb discount = $23
Unread April 4th, 2011, 12:18 AM

I think everyone here is taking this way more seriously than they need to.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 04:37 AM
IHBB Freak

EDIT: Nothing I said here wasn't already said except "I'm really not here to flame, bicker, or retort childishly, because that's really getting old, I'm just agreeing to disagree. Debating on the internet is fine; arguing on the internet is stupid (and sadly, even the best of us act stupidly sometimes, and as a wise man once said, admitting it is the first step. All of us, no matter how intelligent we are, are guilty of it at times.

For the record, certain sales goals are indeed reasonable. 80 candy bundles in a week? Sure (but then again, I was in an A store, and though we'd be dry some weeks, we'd be booming in others, and I'd imagine that with my old store being one of only two left in a formerly eight BBV town, they'll get even more). 80 TAs in a week? We may have to put you in a rubber room for thinking it's possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.

Last edited by deathbydanny; April 4th, 2011 at 04:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathbydanny For This Useful Post:
BBStoreMgr112233 (April 4th, 2011)
Unread April 4th, 2011, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Pretty much yup. Customer is going to ask and see the candy price yet they only discount $1.77? Customer going to say, you charge me for the candle? And if its a long time customer that's been shopping for years. OMG, you will know what happens lol. He/she will figure it out. Its not hard. The only way to make this transaction legit is this

candy $1.99 + popcorn $1.19 + Soda $1.59 = $4.77
PVD $14.99 + PVD $14.99 + bb discount = $23
Its DECEPTIVE in the fact, your fucking with peoples minds!

Ok let's say this, my prp bundles would always ring up $21.64 including tax
My candy bundles would always ring up $3.00
So going off the receipt provided, its adding up to what it should.

And yeah unfortunately we live in an idiocracy, where people can't figure out a simple reciept. And that's why we HAVE to have the prp table signs with the little candy bundle signage attached, saying buy 2 or 4 for $20 and ADD a $3 candy bundle for $23.00! because if it isn't in stick figures SOME not all cust Just can't figure this shit out. But, if there is NO attached candy sign informing the cust of the fact "they don't have to ADD on the candy to receive the 2 or 4 for $20, therein lies the deception.

And as I've said before and I dare say it again.....where is the god forsaken DEAL for the customer? He is paying the same amount of money whether a store ran the damn prp/candy bundle promo or not! And I have to sort of agree with the grocery store analogy in the fact that they do the same thing. Its all in the way of advertising, some do it legitimately, some don't. But if the customer is wise enough they will see through the deception.

What happens with a dead horse when your done beating it????
You BURY it.
LoL
Unread April 4th, 2011, 08:46 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by its_me_ASM69 View Post
Its DECEPTIVE in the fact, your fucking with peoples minds!

Ok let's say this, my prp bundles would always ring up $21.64 including tax
My candy bundles would always ring up $3.00
So going off the receipt provided, its adding up to what it should.

And yeah unfortunately we live in an idiocracy, where people can't figure out a simple reciept. And that's why we HAVE to have the prp table signs with the little candy bundle signage attached, saying buy 2 or 4 for $20 and ADD a $3 candy bundle for $23.00! because if it isn't in stick figures SOME not all cust Just can't figure this shit out. But, if there is NO attached candy sign informing the cust of the fact "they don't have to ADD on the candy to receive the 2 or 4 for $20, therein lies the deception.

And as I've said before and I dare say it again.....where is the god forsaken DEAL for the customer? He is paying the same amount of money whether a store ran the damn prp/candy bundle promo or not! And I have to sort of agree with the grocery store analogy in the fact that they do the same thing. Its all in the way of advertising, some do it legitimately, some don't. But if the customer is wise enough they will see through the deception.

What happens with a dead horse when your done beating it????
You BURY it.
LoL
I know but thats how you make it legit, just saying if bb really did make 2 $23 and you get free candy just to see if people liked it or they want to get rid of candy fast in the stores.
Unread April 4th, 2011, 09:32 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
I know but thats how you make it legit, just saying if bb really did make 2 $23 and you get free candy just to see if people liked it or they want to get rid of candy fast in the stores.
Expired candy at that...........
The top Poster!