I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 9th, 2012, 06:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
Can you provide some examples please? Other than the recent drop of AMC, I am struggling to find any "good" channels that is really missing from either company. And I am confused about the same price comment as well when it seems that Direct is about 15% more for their everything package ($15 - Direct 119.99 to Dish 104.99).

You also need to factor in the $10 a month HD service fee with Direct and it appears receiver fees are more expensive with Direct.

I am not trying to pick a fight. I am just trying to understand how Direct is better and the same price.

Thanks!
Is this bitch back again??!!...nice.
Unread September 9th, 2012, 06:17 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
I already did that. I stated I was struggling to find any "good" channels that one carried that the other didn't. You said there were lots. I was just asking for a few examples other than AMC.
(AVCLUB.COM)
If you're a Dish Network subscriber, better enjoy this season of Mad Men because it could end up being the last one you watch through your TV: Dish has just announced that it will drop all of AMC's networks—which also include IFC, Sundance, and WeTV, in addition to its flagship—at the end of June. The decision came with the explanation that Dish took issue with AMC's "high renewal cost when compared to their low viewership," and definitely not the lawsuit filed by Cablevision in 2008 over Dish's dropping of the now-defunct VOOM HD channels, a lawsuit that became AMC's territory when the company was spun out of Cablevision last year. That lawsuit, which no one cared about until it threatened their stories, turned sour for Dish when a court recently turned down Dish's latest appeal to avoid being sanctioned for destroying evidence. Nevertheless, Dish says that its ongoing, $2.5 billion fight with AMC is "a separate matter," and that the timing of the loss of that appeal—which happened just last week—and this sudden decision that AMC costs too much to keep around is, apparently, just a coincidence.

In yet more unhelpful stuff that won't solve the Dish subscriber's problem of wanting to watch Breaking Bad on your TV like a normal person, Dish claimed it would add "alternative high-value channels… as replacements"—channels that will not, of course, have the specific programming you actually want to watch and are therefore not "replacements." It then also shrugged that shows such as Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad are already "available to our customers through multiple other outlets such as Amazon.com, iTunes and Netflix" anyway. "So really, why would you even want to stick with Dish TV?" it did not realize it was saying, we guess.
Unread September 9th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
(AVCLUB.COM)
If you're a Dish Network subscriber, better enjoy this season of Mad Men because it could end up being the last one you watch through your TV: Dish has just announced that it will drop all of AMC's networks—which also include IFC, Sundance, and WeTV, in addition to its flagship—at the end of June. The decision came with the explanation that Dish took issue with AMC's "high renewal cost when compared to their low viewership," and definitely not the lawsuit filed by Cablevision in 2008 over Dish's dropping of the now-defunct VOOM HD channels, a lawsuit that became AMC's territory when the company was spun out of Cablevision last year. That lawsuit, which no one cared about until it threatened their stories, turned sour for Dish when a court recently turned down Dish's latest appeal to avoid being sanctioned for destroying evidence. Nevertheless, Dish says that its ongoing, $2.5 billion fight with AMC is "a separate matter," and that the timing of the loss of that appeal—which happened just last week—and this sudden decision that AMC costs too much to keep around is, apparently, just a coincidence.

In yet more unhelpful stuff that won't solve the Dish subscriber's problem of wanting to watch Breaking Bad on your TV like a normal person, Dish claimed it would add "alternative high-value channels… as replacements"—channels that will not, of course, have the specific programming you actually want to watch and are therefore not "replacements." It then also shrugged that shows such as Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and Breaking Bad are already "available to our customers through multiple other outlets such as Amazon.com, iTunes and Netflix" anyway. "So really, why would you even want to stick with Dish TV?" it did not realize it was saying, we guess.
And what part of "other than AMC" was confusing for you? No wonder you were fired from Blockbuster. Not only are you a moron, but you struggle with reading and comprehension as well.
Unread September 10th, 2012, 04:10 AM
IHBB Freak

Dish might have told you guys to poo-poo AMC, but in today's marketplace, you need to carry everything, or get left behind. Cable companies have disputes with channels all the time, but they only seem to "go dark" for at most a day or two. They realize the importance. With so many options out there, you don't want to give your competition even the slightest advantage, which seems to be what Dish is doing right now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (September 11th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (September 29th, 2012), inkedangel (September 10th, 2012)
Unread September 10th, 2012, 06:21 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
And what part of "other than AMC" was confusing for you? No wonder you were fired from Blockbuster. Not only are you a moron, but you struggle with reading and comprehension as well.
Moron? You're the one who's still working for this "company." You must have absolutely no earthly clue how much of a tool you sound like.

Dish is unarguably inferior to the other options. Why? Probably plenty of reasons, but two have been made clear in this thread:

1) They don't carry AMC or its subsidiaries, which is a laughably obvious deal-breaker for anyone who'd be interested in satellite tv
2) They purchased Blockbuster.

Of course, anyone who'd still rent movies at a Blockbuster would likely be easy to scam into purchasing Dish, so your job really shouldn't be that difficult.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (September 11th, 2012), inkedangel (September 10th, 2012)
Unread September 10th, 2012, 08:05 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
Is this bitch back again??!!...nice.
Is this bitch back again?
The top Poster!
Unread September 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Moron? You're the one who's still working for this "company." You must have absolutely no earthly clue how much of a tool you sound like.

Dish is unarguably inferior to the other options. Why? Probably plenty of reasons, but two have been made clear in this thread:

1) They don't carry AMC or its subsidiaries, which is a laughably obvious deal-breaker for anyone who'd be interested in satellite tv
2) They purchased Blockbuster.

Of course, anyone who'd still rent movies at a Blockbuster would likely be easy to scam into purchasing Dish, so your job really shouldn't be that difficult.
To me, anyone who visits a website and trashes a company they worked for years after they leave without any ability to rationally and intelligently have a conversation is a moron. So you too fall into that boat in my eyes.

Unarbuably inferior? Both of the reasons you named are reasons for why Dish is a great company.

One of the biggest discussions around cable and satellite today is the number of people "cutting the chord". Consumers in this economy are looking to save money to the point they are cutting their TV service off entirely and using options like Hulu and Netflix because of the value they offer.

You people act like these shows that AMC offers, Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad are the most popular TV shows on TV today. They are not. They aren't even close. Numbers don't lie, people do.

Walking Dead - recently set a personal record of 9 million viewers
Mad Men - a whopping 3.5 million viewers
Breaking Bad - 2.9 million

If you go and read Charlie Egren's comments made during the most recent conference call about earnings ...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/7920...pt?part=single

you then might understand the decision, but even if you did, you probably still wouldn't agree, blinded by your hate for the company.

The thing I like most about his comments is that he understands that most consumers aren't willing to see their cable or satellite bill continue to rise. As a consumer, I am glad I have a company that is looking to control costs, not raise their prices, and protect me as a consumer while protecting their business.

Dish prices are considerably less than its competitors. Even if these channels were important, which obviously by the viewer numbers they aren't really that important to the majority of consumers, I could add Hulu or Netflix with my Dish subscription, still watch the shows, and save over every other cable or satellite provider.

As for my employment, I have had 3 raises with this company. I am not like DoctorDan in another thread who had to leave to make 40 something a year. With the incentives Dish has offered this year I will likely end in the 50's. I write my own schedule. My team produces results so I have never had my job threatened by anyone. Other than typical frustrations and aggravations that come with any job, I generally enjoy what I do. I've had other job interviews, I've been recruited, and I continue to look at other options. However, to date, I have yet to find anything that will allow me to improve on what I earn and offer anywhere near the same perks and benefits I receive from this company.

Now if you got screwed over, unlike Kaw who got fired for legitimate reasons, and have a legitimate gripe with this company than I understand your reasons and your hatred. However, to simply attack someone for their choice of employment is shallow and to assume their experiences are the same as yours is naive.

And to continously come to a website, long after you have left the company, to simply bash and trash every existence of that company and anyone who may feel differently than you is pathetic. And in my book, that makes you not only a very small person, but a moron as well.
Unread September 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Head View Post
You can't run a server with a satellite dish.....
Don't need too. Its TV
Unread September 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
To me, anyone who visits a website and trashes a company they worked for years after they leave without any ability to rationally and intelligently have a conversation is a moron. So you too fall into that boat in my eyes.
Try getting fired for not acceptiping a coupon that the company said was no longer valid, 3 days before xmas, after 12 years of service(no previous write ups ). I am not a moran, been in management retail a lot longer than you, most people here have been screwed the same one way or another.....and I still think dish stinks.......
The top Poster!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (September 11th, 2012), HelloItsMeMOM (September 29th, 2012)
Unread September 10th, 2012, 02:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:

Unarbuably inferior? Both of the reasons you named are reasons for why Dish is a great company.

One of the biggest discussions around cable and satellite today is the number of people "cutting the chord". Consumers in this economy are looking to save money to the point they are cutting their TV service off entirely and using options like Hulu and Netflix because of the value they offer.

You people act like these shows that AMC offers, Walking Dead, Mad Men, and Breaking Bad are the most popular TV shows on TV today. They are not. They aren't even close. Numbers don't lie, people do.

Walking Dead - recently set a personal record of 9 million viewers
Mad Men - a whopping 3.5 million viewers
Breaking Bad - 2.9 million

If you go and read Charlie Egren's comments made during the most recent conference call about earnings ...

http://seekingalpha.com/article/7920...pt?part=single

you then might understand the decision, but even if you did, you probably still wouldn't agree, blinded by your hate for the company.

The thing I like most about his comments is that he understands that most consumers aren't willing to see their cable or satellite bill continue to rise. As a consumer, I am glad I have a company that is looking to control costs, not raise their prices, and protect me as a consumer while protecting their business.

Dish prices are considerably less than its competitors. Even if these channels were important, which obviously by the viewer numbers they aren't really that important to the majority of consumers, I could add Hulu or Netflix with my Dish subscription, still watch the shows, and save over every other cable or satellite provider.

As for my employment, I have had 3 raises with this company. I am not like DoctorDan in another thread who had to leave to make 40 something a year. With the incentives Dish has offered this year I will likely end in the 50's. I write my own schedule. My team produces results so I have never had my job threatened by anyone. Other than typical frustrations and aggravations that come with any job, I generally enjoy what I do. I've had other job interviews, I've been recruited, and I continue to look at other options. However, to date, I have yet to find anything that will allow me to improve on what I earn and offer anywhere near the same perks and benefits I receive from this company.

Now if you got screwed over, unlike Kaw who got fired for legitimate reasons, and have a legitimate gripe with this company than I understand your reasons and your hatred. However, to simply attack someone for their choice of employment is shallow and to assume their experiences are the same as yours is naive.

And to continously come to a website, long after you have left the company, to simply bash and trash every existence of that company and anyone who may feel differently than you is pathetic. And in my book, that makes you not only a very small person, but a moron as well.
Lets start off with I am half your age and still make 20,000 more than you.
OK I do stream hulu and Netflix and have 5 servers running but dish can not.offer static ip's thus truly inferior. Also, bandwidth is a lauphing stock as well. So if your saying stream Netflix And hulu and Netflix with dish is an absolute riot hahaha. It is like the technology of fire wire... you see how that's not around much anymore....

OK now for more fun things dish overall will fail in the internet industry...why? YOU CANT HOST SERVERS OR HAVE MORE THAN CABLES BANDWITH HAHAHAH it actually not physically or technologically advanced.enouph yet. I run 30mbs downstream and 22 mbs upstream. I believe dish offers 12 Mbs downstream
be smart know your place.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; September 10th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.