I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 16th, 2011, 12:19 PM
IHBB GOD

I bet blockbuster will be back to normal on the new release around June
Unread May 16th, 2011, 12:27 PM

what came in today was the Hit list and the Illusionist both in dvd and bray. The other titles mentioned in this thread are scheduled for Friday along with others (Dilemma, No Strings attached, Blue Valentine, Never say never, and a couple of more i forget the names).
Unread May 16th, 2011, 12:57 PM
IHBB GOD

We are now up to an 8 title release slate for next week, the in-store dates are as follows:
“Hit list” and “Illusionist” (Sony B titles) will arrive 5/17
“No Strings Attached” and “Blue Valentine” by 5/20 (Friday)
“Justin Beiber” by 5/20
“Mechanic” and “Roommate” by 5/20 (shipping delay prevented a Tues arrival)
“The Rite” by 5/20
Games- “LA Noir” retail will arrive on Tues for release date and presale delivery, rental for “LA
Nior”, “Brink”, and “Lego Pirates” will be in by 5/20. June line up for games has a 300% unit
advantage over last year so far! No buys for “Thor”, MX vs ATV, or “Kung Fu Panda 2” due to low
customer demand and ratings in the industry for these titles.
“Dilemma” still not ordered… TBD
“Gnomeo and Juliet” and “I am Number Four” will be in store on time for release on the 24th with
the anticipation that all titles after 5/24 will be on time for release going forward!! GREAT NEWS!
Unread May 16th, 2011, 01:52 PM

While I agree that this is good news, it shouldn't BE news at all. We've driven so many customers out of the stores in the past few weeks, countless movie passes cancelled because of not receiving new releases, despite the fact that we have a large window decal stating "new releases! Why wait?"
Unread May 16th, 2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
While I agree that this is good news, it shouldn't BE news at all. We've driven so many customers out of the stores in the past few weeks, countless movie passes cancelled because of not receiving new releases, despite the fact that we have a large window decal stating "new releases! Why wait?"
Yeah, that's problem...we lost everyone because they found other ways to see the movies..But remember that big PRP sale will get all our customers back in the store..unfortunately it's to BUY not rent...just sayin..
Unread May 16th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Blockbuster is behind so much its not even funny anymore and they are some what putting the blame on us. read

"On a troubling note, it appears that a number of Store Mangers did not attend our call. I am curious what you found to be more important?

Let me be clear. We are committed, focused and willing to do the hard work required to rebuild Blockbuster into a world class entertainment company. In return, we absolutely expect and require that each and every one of our associates is equally committed and willing to put forth the attention and effort to make our goal a reality. " - Mike Kelly, our new President

Some Sm should say "Hey Mike Kelly, Go fuck yourself"

If you dont want too just pm his phone number and I will prank call the shit out of him
The Following User Says Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (May 16th, 2011)
Unread May 16th, 2011, 02:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flantanella View Post
Some Sm should say "Hey Mike Kelly, Go fuck yourself"

If you dont want too just pm him phone number and I will prank call the shit out of him

+1 on that

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 16th, 2011, 03:59 PM

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but anyone who even steps into a Blockbuster anymore for the purpose of renting movies is completely clueless on so many levels.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itirnitii For This Useful Post:
Flantanella (May 16th, 2011), underemployed (May 20th, 2011)
Unread May 16th, 2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almondSM View Post
AMEN. When I saw the question in Mike's box office task wanting to know our localized plan for advertising, my first thought was: how about we stop blatantly lying to the people sitting at the red light on the busiest intersection in town with window clings that say "best selection" and "newest releases" when our newest movie is Green Hornet, which arrived late.
The Following User Says Thank You to NowImNothing For This Useful Post:
underemployed (May 20th, 2011)
Unread May 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
We are now up to an 8 title release slate for next week, the in-store dates are as follows:
“Hit list” and “Illusionist” (Sony B titles) will arrive 5/17
“No Strings Attached” and “Blue Valentine” by 5/20 (Friday)
“Justin Beiber” by 5/20
“Mechanic” and “Roommate” by 5/20 (shipping delay prevented a Tues arrival)
“The Rite” by 5/20
Games- “LA Noir” retail will arrive on Tues for release date and presale delivery, rental for “LA
Nior”, “Brink”, and “Lego Pirates” will be in by 5/20. June line up for games has a 300% unit
advantage over last year so far! No buys for “Thor”, MX vs ATV, or “Kung Fu Panda 2” due to low
customer demand and ratings in the industry for these titles.
“Dilemma” still not ordered… TBD
“Gnomeo and Juliet” and “I am Number Four” will be in store on time for release on the 24th with
the anticipation that all titles after 5/24 will be on time for release going forward!! GREAT NEWS!
Great News? Not having ANYTHING for customers to rent-not the DAY but the WEEK it comes out??? Have you looked at the orders on these titles? My store is getting less than 5 Beiber and No Strings, 7 Mechanics and 8 Roommates-if we're still going by the rule that half of what is ordered is what you really get. I last worked on Sunday and we had NOTHING ordered for The Rite, Gnomeo and Number 4. So, is this how we turn things around????