I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 15th, 2012, 07:47 PM
IHBB GOD

No seriously....

How many more stores will close/people lose their jobs after D I S H gets their 1st-Quarter results?
Unread February 15th, 2012, 08:07 PM

Every one & everybody.
Unread February 15th, 2012, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
How many more stores will close/people lose their jobs after D I S H gets their 1st-Quarter results?
If you think Dish's 1st quarter results have anything to do with how many Blockbuster stores they keep open you are a bigger idiot than I ever could have imagined. I'd elaborate but I'd just be wasting my time. Go ahead and make your predictions. The same ones you keep making every chance you get. The same ones which still haven't come true.
Unread February 16th, 2012, 01:39 AM
IHBB GOD

were still open for buisness, come get your combo pass for 14.99 a month and new releases are only 2.99 , then 1.99 and bsi movies for 1.00. buisness as usaul and we have pickles.........
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
djsdojo (February 17th, 2012)
Unread February 16th, 2012, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
If you think Dish's 1st quarter results have anything to do with how many Blockbuster stores they keep open you are a bigger idiot than I ever could have imagined. I'd elaborate but I'd just be wasting my time. Go ahead and make your predictions. The same ones you keep making every chance you get. The same ones which still haven't come true.
Then how are they determining who stays open cause my store was profitable with dirt cheap rent-when your lease is up you're gone. Even if your lease isn't up they will still close stores-my store's lease is good through the fall but they're breaking it to close us. Kaw is not my fav person but what predictions is he wrong about? The company has gone from over 4,ooo stores in it's prime to what about 950 now with more still to be closed. ALL STORES WILL CLOSE EVENTUALLY. Whoever has decided which stores to close either doesn't own a map or give a rat's ass about store locations either. Every store in my town-a suburb of roughly 80,000 is closing. They have closed 5 stores in my surrounding area (about 200,000 people) leaving 1 out of the way store in a rundown part of another town open expecting ALL customers who live in SIX cities to visit this ONE store. Have they bumped up this store's local buys to handle all this new foot traffic? Of course not...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (February 16th, 2012), djblade (February 16th, 2012), fireyjewels (February 16th, 2012), inkedangel (February 16th, 2012)
Unread February 16th, 2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
many more by years end
fireyjewels (February 16th, 2012), Glass Half Empty (February 16th, 2012)
Unread February 16th, 2012, 09:03 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Then how are they determining who stays open cause my store was profitable with dirt cheap rent-when your lease is up you're gone. Even if your lease isn't up they will still close stores-my store's lease is good through the fall but they're breaking it to close us. Kaw is not my fav person but what predictions is he wrong about? The company has gone from over 4,ooo stores in it's prime to what about 950 now with more still to be closed. ALL STORES WILL CLOSE EVENTUALLY. Whoever has decided which stores to close either doesn't own a map or give a rat's ass about store locations either. Every store in my town-a suburb of roughly 80,000 is closing. They have closed 5 stores in my surrounding area (about 200,000 people) leaving 1 out of the way store in a rundown part of another town open expecting ALL customers who live in SIX cities to visit this ONE store. Have they bumped up this store's local buys to handle all this new foot traffic? Of course not...
They were picked random, and how big the store is, and distance from other blockbuster, how many customers u have active
Unread February 16th, 2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
They were picked random, and how big the store is, and distance from other blockbuster, how many customers u have active
We are still getting the "go ahead" store's info-like they didn't hit their "quota" of closing stores with the first go round and threw some in last minute. Also, customers are telling us they have received e-mails telling them their store was closing and giving them the address of the nearest store they could rent at-to bad the store listed stopped renting day after Christmas. Yesterday I actually had a customer ask where the new store was going to be located because he was told at another closing store that BBV was looking for a new smaller location to put a store. I told him if he believed that I had some swamp land for him to look at....
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (February 16th, 2012)
Unread February 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
IHBB GOD

It really does not matter where the stores are located to Dish. They bought them to close them. If you can't see that please remove those rose colored glasses.
Baby Firefly (February 16th, 2012), fireyjewels (February 16th, 2012), Glass Half Empty (February 16th, 2012), inkedangel (February 16th, 2012)
Unread February 16th, 2012, 02:46 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
It really does not matter where the stores are located to Dish. They bought them to close them. If you can't see that please remove those rose colored glasses.
Yea, the business model they are using is broken along with the abuse of the online mailers.. The only thing that remains is to put a dish customer service repair place in our big Blockbusters. 2 business's in one building, helping with the revenu can easily make money. Only if it goes to plan.