I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 25th, 2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
Here is a few of reasons

1. Because of BK the judge could have told us no
2. Had to come up with something to cover all Employees, CA laws always throws a kink into things.
3. If we would have pay out to employee the employee who worked 1 day a week might not have gotten anything
4. We wanted people do something fun, because the place has not been fun for a while
5. Think about this also if we payout a $1600 bonus it would have been taxed at 40% and the reward would have been less

I know this ihateblockbuster.com but I really feel like this was a good program that we were able to offer in the middle of BK. I would have love to do something like this with my store team. I did take them to Dave and Busters once every six months, but that was out of my own pocket.

What about all those raises that never took place. Except for Keyes
Unread March 25th, 2011, 03:12 PM

Oh well... our entire district used our payouts on giftcards... What're they gonna do, fire the DM? Oh wait... too late...
Unread March 25th, 2011, 03:53 PM
IHBB GOD

Well, since the Bankruptcy Court said no that is a different matter. I do love the year long zoo memberships, perhaps some could even have bought a year membership to an amusement park ...

At least for a little bit you guys got to feel what it is like to be Jim Keyes ... lol ...
BUYMECAR (March 25th, 2011)
Unread March 25th, 2011, 03:55 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
And what a night it was we had $1,300 to waste!!

So we ordered a Hummer Limo to drive us downtown and we went to a very expensive all you can eat steakhouse. OMG the food was sooo good the steak just melted in your mouth and I tried everything they offered I was stuffed. After that we went to see Limitless at tw
he movie theater witch was a very good film.Uj

Was it worth all the sales pressure? No not really it would of just been better if we could just divided the money between all of us.

But I known what corporate was trying to do with the payouts they were trying to get some of the money back if we ended up not spending it that night. But we blew the whole the thing we actually had $160 left witch we gave to the limo driver as a tip.
That's bad ass were you able to get filet minon?

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread March 25th, 2011, 05:54 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
Well, since the Bankruptcy Court said no that is a different matter. I do love the year long zoo memberships, perhaps some could even have bought a year membership to an amusement park ...

At least for a little bit you guys got to feel what it is like to be Jim Keyes ... lol ...
that's actually a great idea. memberships/subscriptions are NOT tangible items.

haha can you imagine how many blockbuster employees would pad their netflix subscriptions?

=3
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
DavidNewlySL (March 25th, 2011), HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2011), OzMan (March 26th, 2011), TheAnomaly (March 26th, 2011)
Unread March 25th, 2011, 08:45 PM

Our event was last night. We had tickets to see "When Bullfrogs Sing Opera". At eight in the morning, I was awakened by the borrowed manager who was going to do a double in my closing store. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital in the middle of the night trying to pass a kidney stone. So my team went off without me and I did a lonely double. My best friend's store is DYNAMITE team in a Blockbuster box. They go to Universal Studios in Orlando this week. They have enough money to buy a yearly pass, a "Meal Deal" (all food and drink in both parks for a day), a "Dinner and a Movie Deal" at City Walk between the two parks. I am in awe!
Unread March 25th, 2011, 09:52 PM

Pretty sweet deal for our group a nice lunch at Olive Garden and Season Passes to Six Flags for all WHOO HOO!!!
Unread March 25th, 2011, 10:44 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by whineyboy View Post
so every sm got a bonus as well, , hmmm, as usually the top feeds off the bottom, but atleast for once it was the sm and not someone higher feed off the lowlies hard work
DMs and RDOs got bonuses too.
Unread March 26th, 2011, 12:08 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
DMs and RDOs got bonuses too.
Of course they did.

--Helena Bonham Carter
The Following User Says Thank You to OzMan For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (March 26th, 2011)
Unread March 26th, 2011, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
it would of just been better if we could just divided the money between all of us.
This. And only this.