I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM

Smash Bros Brawl midnight sale

There are a ton of other retailers doing midnight sales of Smash Bros Brawl as well. Amazon.com still sells Melee for $35 for crying out loud. If you're running a store open until 1am on the business day of Saturday March 8th, I assume you're running a midnight sale as well? Any guesses on how busy it's going to get?

The Halo 3 midnight launch at my local Gamestop had 40 people in its line for midnight release, but I'm sure Blockbuster isn't going to get nearly that many people zipping around for a copy at that time of night.
Unread March 1st, 2008, 07:52 PM
IHBB GOD

Not us, we rent maybe 4 Wii games a week and only have 1 presale.(employee, had to twist his arm)
The top Poster!
Unread March 1st, 2008, 08:19 PM

I doubt it.
My DM has been telling my store (along with another 2 that just added) that the district wide goal is 12/store.
However, turns out that he's telling all the other stores that the goal is 7/store.
So my SM sees this as us picking up the slack of everyone else.
She has decided that we need no more presales and 'we're focusing on rewards'
Even when we're trying to push presales, we have more rewards than most he others in our new district.
We've come to the conclusion that this district is full of flakes and we shouldn't have to be carrying them.

Anyway, got 5 presales last night. DM promised movie tickets to whomever can get 4 presales, so let's see if he actually follows up with it.
One of my CSR got one from a guy that didn't even own a Wii and was just planning on getting one in the future.
Unread March 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM

I got lucky and got 3 presales of Brawl in one night on my own a couple weeks ago, but every other shift I've had I've not been able to get any more. I think my store is around 9 total.
Unread March 2nd, 2008, 05:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Redstar3894
I've had only 3 presales so far, and they've all been people who walked up to me intending to pre-order it before I even said a word...

But I've also had about 4 times where I've just about talked the person into doing it and they went to ask their kid about the game, and the kid would say something along the lines of "not interested"...

But our DM did tell us we could wear jeans all next week if we hit our pre-sale goals...
Unread March 2nd, 2008, 07:47 PM
IHBB GOD

Down the road at our electronic competitor they are offering $10 gift card on preorders.
The top Poster!
Unread March 2nd, 2008, 09:24 PM

Yeah, I heard that from one customer.
I was trying to think of things I could offer, but yet...
Best would be a free year of rewards (there's a coupon in the value book we 'sell'), but that seems kinda lame.
Unread March 3rd, 2008, 01:27 AM

Send a message via AIM to Emo Penguin Toast
We've only sold one.
We hardly rent Wii Games either.
Mostly 360.
It makes me REALLY REALLY want one too T_T darn bills.
Unread March 3rd, 2008, 02:19 PM
IHBB Freak

I can just imagine what kind of hellafied sales push they're gonna demand once GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 hit the horizon. Wii rentals and customers are well and good but the bread and butter of our next gen rental and retail is PS3 and Xbox 360, so there's gonna be a HUGE push for this.

On the flipside, they'll probably also be much easier to sell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread March 3rd, 2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny View Post
I can just imagine what kind of hellafied sales push they're gonna demand once GTA4 and Metal Gear Solid 4 hit the horizon. Wii rentals and customers are well and good but the bread and butter of our next gen rental and retail is PS3 and Xbox 360, so there's gonna be a HUGE push for this.

On the flipside, they'll probably also be much easier to sell.
here in the UK we're being told to push GTA presales hard. it is fairly easy to do, as we're giving out free rentals with a £5 deposit - and our rentals cost £4.95. so 5p more and we get a deposit out of them, plus EVERYONE wants a copy of GTA when it comes out

we don't have a release date for smash bros yet though. i envy you people in north america!

it's well fucking jackson

Last edited by nathan barley; March 3rd, 2008 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling