I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 2nd, 2008, 06:02 PM

Canada - sick leave

When a CSR goes on sick leave, are they still entitled to their free rentals? I know when you go on mat leave you are and I can't see it being any different?

Would love to find an answer to this one.. ) Thanks!!!
Unread April 2nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
IHBB GOD

yes at least that seems right.
Unread April 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM

Well I concur that "it seems" right, but I am facing some controversy on it... ( Was hoping to get a SM or DL to possibly confirm so I could be a know it all.. ot that it would help me in the slightest! LOL
Unread April 2nd, 2008, 07:33 PM

CSRs are not salaried so they don't get sick leave. They just don't get paid. I wouldn't deny rentals to a sick CSR however, they still have to be present to rent.
Unread April 2nd, 2008, 10:01 PM

Well, I would have thought that too, but when I told the SM I was told I would provide a dr letter and that would put me on Temp. Leave. To which I made sure to say, no, this is sick leave if I bring in a note... but now I am told I have to wait and see if I am allowed to still rent... Oh well... new releases are available for staff tonight and Im laid up and would love to have them, but I guess I am waiting it out.

Thanks
Unread April 3rd, 2008, 06:50 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by getoffmybeach View Post
CSRs are not salaried so they don't get sick leave. They just don't get paid. I wouldn't deny rentals to a sick CSR however, they still have to be present to rent.
How are CSRs not entitled to sick leave? They are here. We get 5 days per year, no questions asked. You can get more with a doctor's note, but I believe it is then funded by the state.

And, as far as I know, as long as you are an employee, you are entitled to all benefits and discounts. You're allowed free rentals when you're suspended pending investigation, so why not sick?
Unread April 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM

RFBF,

I'm not sure about Canada but in the states employees on leave of absence can continue to rent for 12 weeks. Call your HR Manager...they should know the answer...