I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 24th, 2009, 12:26 AM

We don't sell pickles. Glad we don't have pickles, I don't want people to buy them I want them to buy the box candy 2 for 3 dollars or whatever we are selling.
Unread August 24th, 2009, 01:40 PM
IHBB GOD

If you get them, you'll be glad to sell them.
Unread August 24th, 2009, 05:25 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsdojo View Post
We don't sell pickles. Glad we don't have pickles, I don't want people to buy them I want them to buy the box candy 2 for 3 dollars or whatever we are selling.
Pickles probably make more money than candy 2 for 3.
The top Poster!
Unread August 24th, 2009, 08:03 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
I think Kaw is stuck in a loop about pickles.
Nope...It's just another reason why this happens...

"The Blockbuster located at 1630 Queen Anne Avenue North is closing. According to a sign posted on their door, they’ve lost their lease and are selling everything.

A Blockbuster employee says they are no longer renting at the location. Instead everything in the store is up for sale at clearance prices. The sale begins today and continues for a month until the lease is up.

Hurry and stock up! Rumor has it movies are going for as little as $2 a pop"
Unread August 24th, 2009, 08:16 PM

Holy shit! One store out of 4,000 in the US closes! The sky is falling!
The Following User Says Thank You to Xtreme Rebel For This Useful Post:
zooworker (August 25th, 2009)
Unread August 24th, 2009, 08:19 PM
IHBB GOD

Slow down grasshopper...

From "HDTV Magazine"

"In an investor phone call last week, Blockbuster CEO James Keyes pointed to unmanned kiosks as the possible future for the companyís movie rental business. He stated that plans call for 500 kiosks to be in place by the end of August, and more than 2,500 up and running by the end of this year. Ultimately, there could be 10,000 kiosks in operation by the middle of 2010. At the same time, the company may accelerate the closing of its storefront operations. Of the 7,100 stores now operating in the U.S. and other countries, about 300 are targeted to close this year.

Part of what is driving this shift is the success of the RedBox kiosk operations. With DVD rentals of just $1 each, the company is rapidly grabbing market share in the movie rental business, and almost entirely at the expense of Blockbusterís share. Last quarter, Blockbuster earnings fell 22% while Netflix rose 20%. Redbox revenues soared 110% for the same period. Blockbuster is also saddled with $350 million in debt that comes due by the end of 2010.

Blockbuster is exploring the use of recordable media Ė such as SD memory cards ó for use with their kiosks. This would eliminate the need for physical DVD discs and would simply inventory problems, but I donít expect this to be a significant factor any time soon. Even if Blockbuster can get Hollywood to sign on for such a service (and thatís a big ďifĒ given the studio caution about streaming movies online), most consumers donít yet have devices that can play back movies stored on an SD card.

Blockbuster is clearly not going to go gentle into that good night, but itís very likely that weíre witnessing a major shift in the movie rental business, and I donít think that itís going to turn out well for Blockbuster."

http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/columns/...osing_shop.php
Unread August 24th, 2009, 08:21 PM
IHBB GOD

oops...here's another one...

"Just passed by Blockbuster on Mt. Diablo Boulevard, our family's local store for renting DVDs, and saw that the store in closing. Soccer Son saw that there were 50-percent-off sales, and strongly urged us to stop by and grab up a bunch of movies.

Actually, we haven't been renting as many DVDs as we used to, even from Blockbuster's Netflix-like DVD-by-mail service. My son has World of Warcraft on computer or books to keep him occupied. He starts school this week, so will be occupied with some homework each weeknight. Meanwhile, I blog, read newspapers, magazines, and--when I'm good--books. Or I search search for interesting stories on the Internet. Bottom line, I don't have much time for TV or movie viewing. (I used to be a big TV viewer). The only shows I'm watching right now are Mad Mad and Breaking Bad--which I obtained via I-tunes, but the price of each season of those shows ($19.99) was no more than what I might spend on a book. And these are shows, in my suburban studies mode, that I might turn to occasionally for reference...

Actually, the closure of Blockbuster shouldn't come as too much of a shock. The Los Angeles Times says the chain's revenue fell 22 percent in the second quarter, and same-store rental fell 13 percent--"because of a pullback at the company to pay off debt and because of declining consumer interest."

The Times says, "the company also blamed the rental decline on 'the challenging macroeconomic environment and the increasingly competitive landscape.' Redbox and Netflix saw their revenue last quarter grow 110 percent and 20 percent, respectively."
Unread August 24th, 2009, 08:24 PM
IHBB GOD

Wait...hold on...this is fun...

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_post...868&PID=232212

"22. Movie Rental Stores
While Netflix is looking up at the moment, Blockbuster keeps closing store locations by the hundreds. It still has about 6,000 left across the world, but those keep dwindling and the stock is down considerably in 2008, especially since the company gave up a quest of Circuit City which was liquidated recently. Movie Gallery, which owned the Hollywood Video brand, closed up shop earlier this year. Countless small video chains and mom-and-pop stores have given up the ghost already."
Unread August 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM
IHBB GOD

Your just one side of the story! I just beat you
Unread August 24th, 2009, 10:26 PM
IHBB GOD

Do you travel the country looking for closing stores and the one-armed man that killed your wife and sent you to prison.