I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 13th, 2010, 07:35 AM
IHBB GOD

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhorrent scowl View Post
Ah, but he's not a Fulci-style zombie, and thus my shark would have no interest in him. I tried feeding him one of those Return of the Living Dead-type zombies and he just played with it for like 15 minutes, which pissed the hell out of me. Do you know how hard those things are to get rid of???
I would make shark steaks......mmm.......shark steaks.

Quote:
I wonder... after the fight, did the shark turn into a zombie? I'm kind of surprised Asylum hasn't made a movie about that yet. I can see it now...

Zombie Shark. He's fast. He's hungry. He's dead. Coming soon to DVD. Starring Lorenzo Lamas, Dustin Diamond and Sybil Danning.
You are forgetting Deborah Gibson and Brittany Murphy.
Unread April 13th, 2010, 09:15 AM
IHBB Freak

Asylum has a new one coming out, I think it's called Mega Piranha, that "stars" Tiffany.
Seriously.
Unread April 13th, 2010, 11:13 AM
IHBB GOD

Gibson vs Tiffany Mega Pirahna vs Zombie Shark
Unread April 14th, 2010, 11:26 PM

if your store is anything like my store which doesnt have a security camera then do what i did. deny deny deny deny.
my first move after the customer left was to call my dm & tell her that i had just had a customer in who had royally abused me & asked for the customer to be banned from the shop. a few days later when the customer made a complaint it was already there on record. the customer was put through to my DM & told to take a running jump.

now i didnt tell a lie this guy really pushed his luck. screaming over the counter at me & swearing, about something that was his mistake after taking it for at least 5 mins i told him to go away in no uncertain terms. the shop was packed & after he left people were coming over & asking if i was ok saying wow you put up with alot i would of decked the git(British term).

sometimes its easy to hold it together & mostly i do but this 1 guy caught me on a bad day so i let him have it. it wouldnt of been so bad but my kids were in the shop, at the time, & i knew i either get this guy out now or one of my kids would of removed him. no kid is gonna let someone get away with abusing thier mum. i was proud that they didnt jump straight in & let me handle it. had i been any where other than work & this guy had of spoken to like that, they wouldnt of waited for his second word lol

Last edited by mollie; April 14th, 2010 at 11:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mollie For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (April 15th, 2010), Ninja (June 19th, 2010)
Unread April 15th, 2010, 03:52 AM
IHBB GOD

that's the spirit! DENY!
Unread June 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM

Arrow 30 Quid

HAHAHA!!! That shit is funny as hell, my hats off to you sir. Hell just on the simple fact that was a funny as hell retort your DM should come "visit you" and buy you lunch.....thanks for the laugh!!
Unread June 19th, 2010, 06:19 PM

You can deny deny deny all you want. Just about ANY manager (and especially a DM) is going to side with the customer. I could recount many instances...even when my manager came to me once after wards and told me later they knew the customer was out right lying...where the customer's side of the story was ALWAYS believed over mine. One manager told me it didn't matter what I did or tried to do, she always took the customer's perception of the situation. I've had a ton crap of situations I got in trouble for because some dumbass customer couldn't tell their story right.

That said, the OP's story is AWESOME. But, in all seriousness, that's something I would only consider doing on my last day or if I just didn't care if they got rid of me.

Do you have a right to defend yourself? You have a right to NOT stand there and be belittled by a customer. Just the other week I told a customer with an $18.00 balance he could NOT pay it next time or just part of it because I was just informed by my store manager we could get in trouble for letting customer's continually do that. And I saw he has been rolling his balance over for quite some time. After the customary "They let me last time" type things going back and forth, the customer said I was always an asshole. This as I was trying to hand his movies to him and saying he could ask the manager if he could roll it over again. As soon as he called me "asshole" I was DONE. I didn't get in his face, I didn't say anything back. I simply walked away from my register.

And you HAVE EVERY RIGHT to do that. From my first job I ever had, just about every manager in my training told me if a customer got hard to deal with I could walk away and ask them to handle the customer. The only thing I did wrong in the "asshole" instance above is I didn't tell my manager why I was walking away, but I didn't get in trouble for it either.

Now if I got in some argument with the customer or said something in retaliation I would expect them to write me up. But you just have to learn how to deal with these things and keep your lips zipped.

Unless it's your last day and you just don't care anymore.
Unread June 19th, 2010, 07:00 PM
IHBB Freak

Regarding the original post, now that I think about it... what does earning three times as much as the poor sap you're yelling at prove? That you're smarter? Not necessarily. Pimps don't go to college much, and they make triple what some CEOs make (figuratively speaking, but yes, pimps actually can be one of the highest paid, albeit illegal, jobs one can have). That you're better? Everyone point at good ol' Out of Touch Keyes.

The one thing that says to me, when paired with a line about "This is what you call customer service?", is "I'm much more willing to kiss ass and suck a little strudel to collect a paycheck."

Back to the off-topic topic at hand, I love movies, not collector's editions. I don't feel I have to prove myself a fan by owning essentially the same movie five times over just to have a bunch of making of featurettes and stuff. Some collectibles are nice, but at the end of the day, I'm not buying a movie to put crap on my shelves. I'm buying a movie to put into a movie player and go to another world for two hours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread June 20th, 2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien Oujia View Post
You can deny deny deny all you want. Just about ANY manager (and especially a DM) is going to side with the customer. I could recount many instances...even when my manager came to me once after wards and told me later they knew the customer was out right lying...where the customer's side of the story was ALWAYS believed over mine. One manager told me it didn't matter what I did or tried to do, she always took the customer's perception of the situation. I've had a ton crap of situations I got in trouble for because some dumbass customer couldn't tell their story right.

That said, the OP's story is AWESOME. But, in all seriousness, that's something I would only consider doing on my last day or if I just didn't care if they got rid of me.

Do you have a right to defend yourself? You have a right to NOT stand there and be belittled by a customer. Just the other week I told a customer with an $18.00 balance he could NOT pay it next time or just part of it because I was just informed by my store manager we could get in trouble for letting customer's continually do that. And I saw he has been rolling his balance over for quite some time. After the customary "They let me last time" type things going back and forth, the customer said I was always an asshole. This as I was trying to hand his movies to him and saying he could ask the manager if he could roll it over again. As soon as he called me "asshole" I was DONE. I didn't get in his face, I didn't say anything back. I simply walked away from my register.

And you HAVE EVERY RIGHT to do that. From my first job I ever had, just about every manager in my training told me if a customer got hard to deal with I could walk away and ask them to handle the customer. The only thing I did wrong in the "asshole" instance above is I didn't tell my manager why I was walking away, but I didn't get in trouble for it either.

Now if I got in some argument with the customer or said something in retaliation I would expect them to write me up. But you just have to learn how to deal with these things and keep your lips zipped.

Unless it's your last day and you just don't care anymore.
We have a rule in my store that as soon as a customer starts to cuss at an employee they are either given to me (the SM) to handle, or are asked to leave until they can calm down. If it's over the phone my employees know they can hang up on someone if they start to get cussed at. Asking them to leave like a kid in school seems to embarrass most of them into being civil pretty quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Xtreme Rebel For This Useful Post:
zooworker (June 20th, 2010)
Unread June 20th, 2010, 11:34 AM

This thread is soooooo full of win.