I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 28th, 2010, 05:15 PM

Man Overboard!

Gave my SM my notice the other day. Last day is on the 14th of November. HELL YEAH.
Start my new job on the 15th

It feels good man.
Unread October 28th, 2010, 05:25 PM
IHBB GOD

Congrats BBV wishes you the best on your future endeavors.
Unread October 28th, 2010, 06:33 PM

I'm getting there. I'm totally getting there.

I would love to get some unemployment though, I just wish I needed to know how much more shit I have to eat from this shitty company before I get there.
Unread October 28th, 2010, 06:55 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deity View Post
It feels good man.
It sure does, doesn't it? Congrats on making it out in one piece.
Unread October 28th, 2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmface View Post
I'm getting there. I'm totally getting there.

I would love to get some unemployment though, I just wish I needed to know how much more shit I have to eat from this shitty company before I get there.
In my great state of Jersey (hold for the fistpumps), you need to maintain employment at a company for 6 weeks before you're eligable for Unemployment. If you are involuntary terminated for any disciplinary reasons, you could be disqualified from unemployment, as well as if you leave voluntarily without good cause.

I can tell you from experience, that I believe I had MORE than good cause (travel/distance issues combined with hours reduction & refusal to transfer me to a closer store or increase my pay/hours; long story). I was initially approved after a phone interview to explain my situation, but of course Blockbuster appealed the decision (millions of dollars in debt erased and they still come after me for a few hundred bucks). Still in the process of appealing their decision.

Blockbuster sucks as an employer right now, but anyone else who's reading this NEEDS to find another job before they just up and quit.

Anyway, getting back to the topic at hand....
CONGRATULATIONS on your imminent freedom!
Unread November 12th, 2010, 09:58 AM

Just accepted another job! Woo hoo! So long blockbuster! Giving notice when I get to work tonight.

Six years with a company that hasn't appreciated one thing I've done. Saved the company thousands of dollars, worked every holiday, helped other stores, etc... And never got an appreciation for any of it. Just more threats of termination, and punishments for not hitting idiotic sales goals.

Sorry to all of you still employed with bb. I hope you find another job soon too!
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dog For This Useful Post:
wheresmikey (November 12th, 2010)
Unread November 12th, 2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
Just accepted another job! Woo hoo! So long blockbuster! Giving notice when I get to work tonight.

Six years with a company that hasn't appreciated one thing I've done. Saved the company thousands of dollars, worked every holiday, helped other stores, etc... And never got an appreciation for any of it. Just more threats of termination, and punishments for not hitting idiotic sales goals.

Sorry to all of you still employed with bb. I hope you find another job soon too!
Congrats bigdog!
The Following User Says Thank You to Deity For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (November 12th, 2010)
Unread November 12th, 2010, 08:50 PM

Doesn't it feel like a huge weight has been taken off your shoulders. I've had other SM's call me and wish me luck today! Its the first day in a long time I walked around blockbuster with my head held high!

Its amazing how after listening to my dm's 8th voicemail about sales results, that it really doesn't matter much more. Just do the best I can. If its not good enough for them, too bad! I'm not going to kill myself anymore.

Blockbuster sucked my life out of me for the last 6 years and its starting to come back in only 1 day.

Blockbuster leeches!
Unread November 13th, 2010, 12:02 PM
IHBB GOD

Im drowning with wieghts tied to my legs

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread November 13th, 2010, 12:09 PM
IHBB GOD

that doesn't sound like you, HH!

give them weights a nice pimp slap!

=3
The Following User Says Thank You to BUYMECAR For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (November 13th, 2010)