I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusX7 View Post
Sorry man, Ethicspoint is a fucking joke. You might as well complain to a brick wall.
Our DM openly threated a SM in front of 3 CSRs. they all called. Not a fucking thing happened to his fat ass.
Oh and then were suppose to talk to HR? You mean the same people that helped enforce the process that systematically has us all terminated to make way for TA? Yea no fucking thank you.
It's pointless to "take steps" or even consider a open door policy. Why? So that members of management can see who is giving them trouble so they can pick them out, fire their ass, and bring someone new in to manipulate and mind-fuck with useless "processes and procedures"?
You make it sound like it's easy to report problems. To who? Nobody gives a shit about any one employee or their problems.
Best plan of action, to keep your head down and your mouth shut. Collect your paycheck, and keep looking for something (which is just about anything) better.
I am really good at making things sound easy, but believe me when I say I understand what you are saying. I do not have a simple answer for you except use the steps that we have put in place. I do have to wonder how many of you have reached out to your RDO in person? I know that if I get an email from a store employee I have to take action on it. I am talking about an email to my BBV account. Is the process perfect? No way. Does people abuse it? I would bet money on it.

I do wish I could step in intervene and make the problem go away, but in a public I can't. Hell I feel like I do not do enough as it is. I will say that I have seen the system work.

When I speak of HR if you are truly uncomfortable talking to you local HR person, call he Corporate office, not the Regional office. Send someone with a job title an email. Once again making it sound easy..

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
Unread January 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbv123456 View Post
best answer:KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT! anything you say will come back to you and bite you in the ass REGARDLESS of the situation. and contacting HR? hah! my HR managers head is so far up our RDO's ass its ridiculous. i once had an HR manager come in and start threating jobs to employess about MERCHANDISING! if you contact anyone they will fuck with you bc now your giving them work to do and they definately dont want that. JUST DEAL WITH IT AND ROLL WITH THE PUNCHES! CORPORATE DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ALL OF US, WHY WOULD 1 OF US MATTER?
I know have said it before but when I speak of Corporate, I do truly mean people that work in Dallas. You matter because you pay that RDO,DM, HR and Corporate employees paycheck. TA doesn't, the stores do. I have heard some F up problems over my years and have seen a lot of the handle correctly. To be honest until I know what I know now, I felt and could see the same thing you guys see.

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
Unread January 13th, 2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officiallyconfused View Post
If you are real then Please

Read my post Pandemonium in Pa.

Please..my store and staff need advice!

Thanks

PS. I did Ethic Point this morning,
Replied and though it does not seem this way Ethics point is a good way to go. It would appear that the person you describe thinks very highly of themselves, I would put a person like the one you describe in the asshole selection of a store...

The Following User Says Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
officiallyconfused (January 13th, 2011)
Unread January 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM

Employee Council

Alright all the posters that still work for BBV. Beginning Monday each of you can apply to be on the Employee Council. Program Guide went out to your DMs and RDOs today. I would expect some of you more vocal ones on the board to at least apply.

Unread January 13th, 2011, 06:18 PM

I will definitely apply to be apart of this council. Will information be in box office or will I have to talk with my DM?
Unread January 13th, 2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemason220 View Post
I will definitely apply to be apart of this council. Will information be in box office or will I have to talk with my DM?
It will be in the Box Office, posted it today so hopefully it will show up early on Monday morning. LMK if you do not receive it.

Unread January 13th, 2011, 06:24 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusX7 View Post
Sorry man, Ethicspoint is a fucking joke. You might as well complain to a brick wall.
Our DM openly threated a SM in front of 3 CSRs. they all called. Not a fucking thing happened to his fat ass.
Sounds like to me that Blockbuster has exactly the DMs in place that they want to have.
Unread January 13th, 2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
It will be in the Box Office, posted it today so hopefully it will show up early on Monday morning. LMK if you do not receive it.
Ok, will do.

I need to tell my SM not to delete the messages on Monday morning before I get there.
Unread January 13th, 2011, 07:09 PM

Blockbuster has a jedi council now?
Unread January 13th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter87 View Post
Blockbuster has a jedi council now?
Had one for about a year. It was only open to the Winning Market. You must be on the distro list..