I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 21st, 2011, 05:17 PM

A Serbian Film pulled???

Had a ring round from the DM today telling us to immediately remove A Serbian Film from our shelves.

Ummm, why??

I watched it, sure it was pretty fucked up, but I've seen worse!

What's going on? Is this a company-wide thing? I really resent it when this kind of thing happens, so it's a graphic and extreme movie, so that should mean people aren't allowed to see it!? It says all over the box that it contains extreme content so what's the problem??? Do poeple not read the bloody advisory notices!?

So now if a customer comes in and asks for it, what am I supposed to say? Sorry! Blockbuster says you can't watch it? Hell no, if they ask for it, they're renting it. I refuse to tell people what they can't watch, outside of illegal stuff. It's rated by the BBFC, it's legal. If they choose to disregard the warnings clearly stated on the box, then they have no right to complain if they are offended. Even then, just because THEY are offended, that means no-one else should be allowed to see it?

Fuck that.
Unread January 21st, 2011, 06:46 PM

I agree 100%!!

You know I really hate censorship you know what kind of censorship should exist? If you don't like it change the channel, turn it off, or don't let your kids watch it plane and simple but it can't be like that for some reason.
Unread January 21st, 2011, 06:54 PM

Blockbuster has pulled movies before, but most(if not all pulled) were due to some copyright infringements. Maybe they didn't get releases from all the actors involved, or used something without permission. It happens more than you think, but they usually resolve the issues before the movie is released.

If you checked redbox, or family video, they might have the title pulled also.

By the way, what movie was it?
Unread January 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM

Heh, Big Dog, the film is called "A Serbian Film"...
Unread January 21st, 2011, 08:06 PM

They did something similar for Giallo, because the production company had failed to pay actor Adrien Brody in full, and he went to court and asked for all retail and rental compies of the film to be pulled until he was paid. It wasn't too long ago, maybe a few months.
Unread January 21st, 2011, 09:07 PM
IHBB Freak

A Serbian Film is not available in the States, and probably never will be.
Unread January 21st, 2011, 11:12 PM
IHBB Freak

Who's on first?
Unread January 22nd, 2011, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmikey View Post
Who's on first?
Wha? I'm not sure what you're asking
Unread January 22nd, 2011, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheresmikey View Post
Who's on first?
You are correct. Who's on first.

Sorry everyone. I googled serbian film and found out that was the name of the film, not the description. Looks very graphic, but nothing that hasn't been shown before.

If I were to guess why it was pulled it probably was rating. They probably changed rating to adult, and blockbuster only rents family movies. (like when Grand Theft Auto rating changed).

Hope everyone enjoyed the laugh! Ha!
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Dog For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (January 22nd, 2011)
Unread January 22nd, 2011, 12:19 PM

i think this is a good movie by the company, with the scene in this movie, i feel it should not be in-store, sure online (if you have! to see it, get from there). Anyone who thinks for one 2nd this is entertainment has some serious issues, but het there are some serious sick puppies out there, the 'i've seen worse' comments are not big nor clever.