I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 16th, 2011, 02:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby Firefly View Post
yeehaaaaw!
Lol.........
The top Poster!
Unread July 16th, 2011, 04:49 PM

zooworker you are supposed to be like ric flair...yell "Wooooooooo" and say you'll NEVER retire..then elbow drop the floor several times
The Following User Says Thank You to TheShooter87 For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (July 17th, 2011)
Unread July 17th, 2011, 06:10 AM
IHBB Freak

I know of several "displaced" employees who've gone to work for Amscot, and seem pretty happy. They are booming right now (unfortunately, a reality of the times) and appear to always be hiring. I think the pay is decent as well.
Unread July 17th, 2011, 03:21 PM

Way back in the day I did loss prevention (assets protection as they call it) for Target. It was fun when I started, then through a series of changes it wasn't anymore. They still have shoplifter catchers, but I was an internal theft kind of guy. They eventually ran us all out and replaced us with folks @ the Corp office.

There's not enough money they could pay me to go back into the LP world.

I was offered a SM position at GameStop. Told the DM to stuff it up his ass after he tried to sell me their rewards card three separate times during my interview. It was insane.

I was also offered a position at Dollar General, a grocery store, a corp owned cellular store (T-mobile), and finally a university. I took the university position. There IS life outside of retail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006 View Post
I do loss prevention at Target and love it. Just like any job it all depends on your bosses. They USUALLY like to promote from within, but there have been a couple times where ive gotten screwed. The pay isn't bad and as long as you do a good job, you'll see a nice raise during your review. I would definitely try it out and if the leadership is bad, request a transfer as they are usually very good about it.
The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. -Richard Dawkins from The God Delusion

SPAY AND / OR NEUTER YOUR ANIMALS: Please watch this...
Clicky

Last edited by Meltdown; July 17th, 2011 at 03:27 PM.
Unread August 2nd, 2011, 10:09 PM

I work for one of the big 3 cellphone companies, at a corporate store. The pay is fantastic for retail, benefits are great, etc etc etc.... but I still am sick of retail. When I rebuild my savings I'm gonna get back in school and get out of retail but yeah, phones are a good business. It's nice not worrying about losing my job everyday, y'know? Been almost a year since I quit BBV and I only miss some of my coworkers.