I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2371  
Unread August 9th, 2011, 01:39 PM
katiebell's Avatar
katiebell katiebell is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
lol dude i posted that on March 16th, 2010, 02:53 PM
So did you ever get some? Box Office order form has them available to order this week.
  #2372  
Unread August 10th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Blockbusterstore482's Avatar
Blockbusterstore482 Blockbusterstore482 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .....Blockbuster......
Posts: 610
Hey Gang! Long Time since I have been around. The paper said that you guys made a 3.5 million PROFIT in Q1.. Congrats!....I promise you I was not getting paid that much. Hope everything is doing great, I still keep in touch and up to speed on Big Blue, doubt that will ever change.

I do miss the drama for some reason, and I for sure miss coming here and taking info back to the office. How is everyone.

Some of you have sent me PM asking what I have been doing. I have started my own business(currently the online store front). If you get time go check out my sight at www.onlyatadiscount.com at the very least go to my facebook page and click LIKE. Facebook holds you hostage until you get LIKES.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/&#8203...3933​366
__________________
Yea, it is a Winning Store, but now we are closing it"

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
Big Dog (August 11th, 2011), farmface (August 11th, 2011), Veruka_Salt (August 11th, 2011)
  #2373  
Unread August 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM
lucky me's Avatar
lucky me lucky me is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 256
Long time no see! I miss your posts here. Things around here have definitely seemed more lackluster since you leaving.

Anyway....onto your new project. Good luck! Now, I took a quick look and I say this with all due kindness: Were you drunk when you wrote the blurb at the bottom of the front page?

Here, I'll help you out and point out the errors (I especially like "we offer someone for everyone! ):

Quote:
Thank You For Stopping By!

We wanted to thank you for taking the time to stopping by Only Ata Discount. Yea, the we spelled it correctly. We are located in the heart of Texas and our proud of our friendly country lifestyle and want to share it with others. We ask that you take the time to look at all the great items we have to offer.

Stroll over to our indoor and outdoor decor section, you will find hammocks, fountains, statues, garden decor, garden tools and more. We specialize in home decor. We offer a large selection of candles, candle holders, lamps, tables, wall decor, pictures, statues, and stuff that is down right fun. We offer someone for everyone in the family. The children will love are selection of toys and mom & dad will love our fragrances, bath products, soaps, tools, knifes and more. We specialize in seasonal decor, Christmas, Halloween, 4th of July, Easter, Valentines Day, Mothers Day, Fathers Day and more. I hope you enjoy are wide selection of collectibles from Elvis to Micheal Jackson, from Dragons to Fairies we got you covered.

Our goal is to give you the best customer service and shopping experience possible. If you have any questions or suggestions at all, please contact me directly at alvie@onlyatadiscount.com

NEVER PAY RETAIL AGAIN!
Some that I bolded are just little punctuation errors, but some are major grammatical errors. I'm sure you know, I'm not trying to pick on you or anything; I want to help your site look professional.
The Following User Says Thank You to lucky me For This Useful Post:
Blockbusterstore482 (August 11th, 2011)
  #2374  
Unread August 10th, 2011, 11:25 PM
KAWLIGA KAWLIGA is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 2,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
Hey Gang! Long Time since I have been around. The paper said that you guys made a 3.5 million PROFIT in Q1.. Congrats!....I promise you I was not getting paid that much. Hope everything is doing great, I still keep in touch and up to speed on Big Blue, doubt that will ever change.

I do miss the drama for some reason, and I for sure miss coming here and taking info back to the office. How is everyone.

Some of you have sent me PM asking what I have been doing. I have started my own business(currently the online store front). If you get time go check out my sight at www.onlyatadiscount.com at the very least go to my facebook page and click LIKE. Facebook holds you hostage until you get LIKES.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/&#8203...3933​366
This guy is the TRUE "Original Gangtsta"!!! Thank you 482 for everything! Shit's been getting a little boring around here lately due to the fact that everyone now understands that BB is in the shitter (damn I miss the days when people on this board used to believe in BB)...at least "HOTHEAD" and a couple of others keep it interesting.
p.s. Hate to say I told you so...
__________________
KAWLIGA.......I'm not done until they're done.
The Following User Says Thank You to KAWLIGA For This Useful Post:
DavidNewlySL (August 11th, 2011)
  #2375  
Unread August 11th, 2011, 12:42 PM
libra libra is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 232
Looks like a nice site. Hope this venture works out great!

p.s. Michael Jackson was spelled wrong too. You put Micheal.
  #2376  
Unread August 11th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Blockbusterstore482's Avatar
Blockbusterstore482 Blockbusterstore482 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .....Blockbuster......
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky me View Post
Long time no see! I miss your posts here. Things around here have definitely seemed more lackluster since you leaving.

Anyway....onto your new project. Good luck! Now, I took a quick look and I say this with all due kindness: Were you drunk when you wrote the blurb at the bottom of the front page?

Here, I'll help you out and point out the errors (I especially like "we offer someone for everyone! ):



Some that I bolded are just little punctuation errors, but some are major grammatical errors. I'm sure you know, I'm not trying to pick on you or anything; I want to help your site look professional.
Sadly I did not write the bottom blurb myself and that is one of the reason I published it here, knowing I would get some good eyes on it. I know my spelling and grammar stink. Thank you so much.
__________________
Yea, it is a Winning Store, but now we are closing it"

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
  #2377  
Unread August 11th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Blockbusterstore482's Avatar
Blockbusterstore482 Blockbusterstore482 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .....Blockbuster......
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
This guy is the TRUE "Original Gangtsta"!!! Thank you 482 for everything! Shit's been getting a little boring around here lately due to the fact that everyone now understands that BB is in the shitter (damn I miss the days when people on this board used to believe in BB)...at least "HOTHEAD" and a couple of others keep it interesting.
p.s. Hate to say I told you so...

You earned it....
__________________
Yea, it is a Winning Store, but now we are closing it"

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
  #2378  
Unread August 11th, 2011, 09:59 PM
Blockbusterstore482's Avatar
Blockbusterstore482 Blockbusterstore482 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .....Blockbuster......
Posts: 610
Email reply I got from my post

In response to my post about website. Here is the email reply I got. Gotta love it. Wish I knew who you were, I would never stay out of your life. But hey best of luck too you...before you ask. Traced the clicks back to the link on this site.

"Alvie: Your website is very unprofessional. The wording is so poor, it looks like a kid wrote the paragraphs. Whoever wrote it should be fired, and you should be for allowing such a disgraceful home page. Nobody cares you started a new business that sells crappy merchandise. It's sure to fail, you really have no clue. Go away from all our lives.
Snaffle/Dallas,TX"

Snaffle if you live in Dallas I am never going to leave you alone. My new mission is to discover who you are, because there are only about 5 people in Dallas that work in stores that do not like me. So $50 bucks in anyones paypal account who can identify this person for me. Good luck
__________________
Yea, it is a Winning Store, but now we are closing it"

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
The Following User Says Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (August 12th, 2011)
  #2379  
Unread August 11th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Blockbusterstore482's Avatar
Blockbusterstore482 Blockbusterstore482 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .....Blockbuster......
Posts: 610
So I went in a Blockbuster Today-Tons of cool stuff

So gang I edit the post because I someone I highly respect said it was making their life a little more challenging. I would never want to do that to anyone that I respect so much. It took less than 24 hours for the troll to report back to Satan. So guys please do not call her home phone, her cell phone, send her random emails, or sign her up for playboy magazines. LOL...I do not care what you do.. i just have to do what is right by the person I respect, they did not even ask me to do it, I just know it was the right thing.



So gang I was out and about and I stopped in several Blockbuster stores today and got to speak to a few people. Here is what I learned:

1. Beverage stores in Dallas cannot get beverage supplies in
2. For the most part people liked the New Release Wall
3. People where getting excited about the labor dollar amount
4. You guys are having some crazy sales 2 movies, 2 cokes for $3, that is a $3 bundle that people should push
5. The local Market Manager XXXXX, cell phone number XXXXXXX, still hates me.

Makes me feel so good to know that I had such an impact on her life. So to her little troll, actually we will call the troll MC, have fun telling this story on Friday. Oh yea have they found another home for you MC? I mean come on, you every store you work at closes...you think after 6 failed attempts at it you would give up.
6. People seem to be getting a little better, but not much
7. Seen customers coming through the door

Overall I some really good store visits and actually spent some money. Keep up the good work guys...the below information is public knowledge and was obtained by following: 1. Visiting Local Blockbuster Store 2. Completing a simple facebook search 3. Completing a white pages search 4. Completing a google search.

Cell Phone number XXXXXX
Company email address xxxxxx

Married toxxxxxx

Address
xxxxxx

Here is her linkin page
xxxxxx

Her facebook page
xxxxxx
__________________
Yea, it is a Winning Store, but now we are closing it"

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE

Last edited by Blockbusterstore482; August 26th, 2011 at 09:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blockbusterstore482 For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (August 25th, 2011)
  #2380  
Unread August 11th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Blockbusterstore482's Avatar
Blockbusterstore482 Blockbusterstore482 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: .....Blockbuster......
Posts: 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blockbusterstore482 View Post
In response to my post about website. Here is the email reply I got. Gotta love it. Wish I knew who you were, I would never stay out of your life. But hey best of luck too you...before you ask. Traced the clicks back to the link on this site.

"Alvie: Your website is very unprofessional. The wording is so poor, it looks like a kid wrote the paragraphs. Whoever wrote it should be fired, and you should be for allowing such a disgraceful home page. Nobody cares you started a new business that sells crappy merchandise. It's sure to fail, you really have no clue. Go away from all our lives.
Snaffle/Dallas,TX"

Snaffle if you live in Dallas I am never going to leave you alone. My new mission is to discover who you are, because there are only about 5 people in Dallas that work in stores that do not like me. So $50 bucks in anyones paypal account who can identify this person for me. Good luck

Think I found him...
__________________
Yea, it is a Winning Store, but now we are closing it"

"The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far is as needed?" - II DUCE
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:35 AM.


vBulletin Version 3.7.1
© 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.