I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 28th, 2012, 10:06 AM
IHBB GOD

Yeah the heat is on the instore employees man. Its the same phone call after another. Also to make matter worse the online say to contact the store maanger which is bull because its the online fault. They are suppose to sent it through (your next online mailer).

you also don't have to give them a 99 cent video. Were giving them just 1 free anything and its due back tomorrow.
Unread June 30th, 2012, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Yeah the heat is on the instore employees man. Its the same phone call after another. Also to make matter worse the online say to contact the store maanger which is bull because its the online fault. They are suppose to sent it through (your next online mailer).

you also don't have to give them a 99 cent video. Were giving them just 1 free anything and its due back tomorrow.
The first thing I would have said would be to tell the customers to contact BB Online, since they are the ones responsible for updating what is showed out on the site. I would have questioned why the customers were contacting the store since the store's responsibility is to check in rentals checked out from the store. They certainly don't manage what displays online for customer accounts.

However, what I have bolded above answers my question on why people are contacting the stores. How utterly unprofessional of the Online Department, and the company in general, to blame the stores once again for their screw-ups.

It has been six years since I resigned from this miserable place as a Store Manager and actually moved on to a professional working environment.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (July 28th, 2012)
Unread June 30th, 2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVTyrant View Post

How utterly unprofessional of the Online Department, and the company in general, to blame the stores once again for their screw-ups.
For as long as I was there, that was the standard response from the online department... call the stores, even though our end showed it was clear with nothing out, online envelopes scanned... all that jazz. they just try to deflect the problem off of the actual source of the issue. Every once in a great while, there was an FOS from human error while handling drop but the majority of the time it was on them. People would argue and some would even try to yell at us about it. I really don't miss that stuff at all.
Unread June 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
IHBB GOD

Our Systems are down pretty much since they are making the final move to Colorado. Our wrong store checkin is off, our reports and prp reports are off. We just have to deal with this problem for until the finally move and fix it. The onlines better fix this soon. I can't believe they didn't test the data before the transfer it to another server.
Unread June 30th, 2012, 06:40 PM
IHBB GOD

HEY!

When you guys complain about shit the company is doing TO YOU, and TO its CUSTOMERS, and you see the increasing majority of the rest of us saying things like

THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THESE PROBLEMS ANYMORE

and

I'M GLAD I GOT OUT OF THERE WHEN I DID

and

I WISH I HAD LISTENED TO PEOPLE YEARS AGO WHEN THEY SAID YOU COULD SWING A DEAD DONKEY AND HIT A BETTER JOB,

what goes through your mind? Is it "one of these days I'm gonna get up and do something about this" or perhaps "these guys don't get it, I CAN'T leave, MY situation is SPECIAL" or even "fuck you, I'm happy where I am"?

Those things went through my mind too, and I ignored everyone else, and when I eventually did leave it was because the store closed and I was FORCED to act. Now I'm infinitely happier, but I would have been so much better off if I had done it ages ago. I would be in a better position financially, psychologically, and assertively.

LISTEN TO US.

THE DOOR IS OPEN.

GO. NOW.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Antithesys For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (June 30th, 2012), Baby Firefly (July 28th, 2012), Veruka_Salt (August 5th, 2012)
Unread June 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
IHBB GOD

my job still rocks.
Unread July 1st, 2012, 06:08 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Johnlow, we all know you're gonna be like that guy in Office Space who keeps showing up to work after you no longer have a position. (In your case I think it'll be b/c the store closes not b/c you get fired).
Unread July 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
IHBB GOD

yep then ill monger around hopless looking for months after wondering why i cant just open the door and start renting movies to people. then ill end up in a home.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (July 4th, 2012), Baby Firefly (July 28th, 2012)
Unread July 1st, 2012, 12:32 PM
IHBB GOD

The online people are throwing it back to us but we have a temporary solution to keep people happy but its going to hurt the store. Right now its about saving the online. So you can sell them a blue ticket for the 1st month free but you better comment that account!
Unread July 2nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
IHBB GOD

We don't have any stores around here to help us , they are gone
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (July 2nd, 2012)