I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 10th, 2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonBitch View Post
You rang?

And, no - I will not pray for your hairy ass.

Heresy! I've met NPH (if you know me on Facebook, you can look at the photographic evidence), and he's a grade A human being.

Figured I'd make a cameo after all the buzz on the Facebook group about the site winding down...

So... Yo.

I'm Brooke, and I'm 7 months pregnant - so I have no patience for writing out my BB saga. Most of you know it anyway - ran a bunch of fucked up stores, got walked all over... blah, blah, blah...

Refer to BBVTyrant's (Derek's) post. I started off as his ASM before I moved to SoCal.

Spent most of my time since BBV (left in '05) working for two of the top names in corporate legal services - yelling at and providing high end support services to attorneys and paralegals at several of the largest law firms and household name corporations in the country. Spent the last year as an Account Executive / Business Development Manager for said legal products covering the state of Mississippi and the southern half of Florida.

Now I'm barefoot and pregnant, b/c my hubby finally finished grad school and post-doctoral fellowship, and now is a med school professor and head of a medical research lab at the University of New England. Y'all have always known I'm a hardcore nerd lover.

See you on Facebook, biotches!
And giving public credit where it is absolutely due, I need to thank Brooke for all of her hard work and effort while working with me at Towson.

The current staff was comprised of thieves and unmotivated people that couldn't care less. They needed to go. There was so many overnights that were needed to clean the store up and get it to where it was needed to be in the time frame we were targeting. And I didn't mention this, but it goes without saying that this was also a high-volume store ... 3rd busiest in the region.

Brooke helped me many, many times with those overnights and really helped clean house in that store.

And you would think with two motivated managers in that store, that the DM would be praising us for our efforts. Not so. We had a new DM in training that took over that store and several others who was one of the nastiest people you could ever work for. No gratitude, no respect ... just constant constant yelling and actual berating for your efforts. This man had no place being a manager and eventually he discovered he had cancer. With as many people as he disrespected and showed not the single, slightest bit of appreciation for .. you want to talk about karma.

But with Brooke's help, we turned over the first round of staff. As a matter of fact, another manager who transferred with me from my original store was discovered to be stealing, along with the assistance of two CSR's. Brooke sounded the alarm on that one, as well. I checked the CC tapes and did an alarm code audit on unusual times people may be leaving the store ... and decided to get Loss Prevention involved. They cleaned house. That left many more double shifts from the both of us that needed to be done to cover the manager's and CSR's termination. Two other CSR's were also terminated for stealing, as well.

We had a new staff in place that had to rebuild from the rubble. And they stuck around for several months to help us clean the place up. Eventually, they got tired of the long shifts, and I lost most of them, as well.

Finally, we had a good stable staff in place.

This place was basically like a baton race that just beat the hell out of everyone. But it couldn't have been done without the management staff.

I remember this one Sunday night when there was a snowstorm, and Brooke's staff called out on her. Nobody could come in. I had already worked about 70 hours that week. And I knew what she was going through. So I got in my car, drove about 45 minutes to get to the store, and showed up to work and help her close the store. The smile on her face meant so much to me, as there was a line of people to the back of the store, movies were all over the place, the drop box was full, and Brooke was the only one there doing it all. And we just teamed up and knocked out the line, and took care of business.

Couldn't have done it without her.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (February 10th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (February 11th, 2013), rk237 (February 10th, 2013), Woodstock (February 12th, 2013)
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:02 AM
IHBB GOD

I already took off my mask before. But here ya go.

My name is Brandon Petruska (formerly McCleney). Worked at the BB in Tomball, Tx, which has since shut down.

And I'm an alcoholic.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brantheman For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (February 10th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (February 11th, 2013), sar94pga (February 10th, 2013)
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:32 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
That's really pretty.

And her initials will be SAS? Badass.
Exactly! I liked the idea of an "A" middle name anyway, but that sure didn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVTyrant View Post
And giving public credit where it is absolutely due, I need to thank Brooke for all of her hard work and effort while working with me at Towson.

The current staff was comprised of thieves and unmotivated people that couldn't care less. They needed to go. There was so many overnights that were needed to clean the store up and get it to where it was needed to be in the time frame we were targeting. And I didn't mention this, but it goes without saying that this was also a high-volume store ... 3rd busiest in the region.

Brooke helped me many, many times with those overnights and really helped clean house in that store.

And you would think with two motivated managers in that store, that the DM would be praising us for our efforts. Not so. We had a new DM in training that took over that store and several others who was one of the nastiest people you could ever work for. No gratitude, no respect ... just constant constant yelling and actual berating for your efforts. This man had no place being a manager and eventually he discovered he had cancer. With as many people as he disrespected and showed not the single, slightest bit of appreciation for .. you want to talk about karma.

But with Brooke's help, we turned over the first round of staff. As a matter of fact, another manager who transferred with me from my original store was discovered to be stealing, along with the assistance of two CSR's. Brooke sounded the alarm on that one, as well. I checked the CC tapes and did an alarm code audit on unusual times people may be leaving the store ... and decided to get Loss Prevention involved. They cleaned house. That left many more double shifts from the both of us that needed to be done to cover the manager's and CSR's termination. Two other CSR's were also terminated for stealing, as well.

We had a new staff in place that had to rebuild from the rubble. And they stuck around for several months to help us clean the place up. Eventually, they got tired of the long shifts, and I lost most of them, as well.

This place was basically like a baton race that just beat the hell out of everyone. But it couldn't have been done without the management staff.

I remember this one Sunday night when there was a snowstorm, and Brooke's staff called out on her. Nobody could come in. I had already worked about 70 hours that week. And I knew what she was going through. So I got in my car, drove about 45 minutes to get to the store, and showed up to work and help her close the store. The smile on her face meant so much to me, as there was a line of people to the back of the store, movies were all over the place, the drop box was full, and Brooke was the only one there doing it all. And we just teamed up and knocked out the line, and took care of business.

Gracias - though I couldn't tell you today if it was worth it.
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:34 AM
IHBB GOD

Many of you know me outside the forum now, but here it is. My name is Richard. I worked at two stores in Iowa (outside Des Moines). Both are closed (one is part of a bowling alley, the other is a bakery type thing). I was "let go" for having sex with Eliza Dushku in the back room. She just HAD to go and brag on her twitter.
AbandonedDreams (February 10th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (February 11th, 2013), inkedangel (February 10th, 2013), johnlow71 (February 10th, 2013), sar94pga (February 10th, 2013), zooworker (February 13th, 2013)
Unread February 10th, 2013, 10:56 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk237 View Post
Many of you know me outside the forum now, but here it is. My name is Richard. I worked at two stores in Iowa (outside Des Moines). Both are closed (one is part of a bowling alley, the other is a bakery type thing). I was "let go" for having sex with Eliza Dushku in the back room. She just HAD to go and brag on her twitter.
Double hearts, rk! Lol!
Unread February 10th, 2013, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonBitch View Post
Gracias - though I couldn't tell you today if it was worth it.
It was a major accomplishment nonetheless, and definitely was a huge demonstration of skill sets ... putting the managers before us to shame and in their place. As bad as Terri was managing that store, it made me sick to see what we did with the store, while she took over the low-volume dream store (that I loved, nonetheless) while seeing her groomed for a DM position when neither she or her predecessors were capable of doing what we finally accomplished with Towson. Complete injustice and it was inexcusable to see someone rewarded for essentially not turning that store around given the time she had to manage it.

Of course, I lost you in less than a year after being there so you could take over your own set of stores, and I simply took things to the next level after it was gotten to a certain point.

But if anything, it showed us what we were capable of. Although were we recognized for our efforts the way we should have been? Absolutely not. But it was a huge life experience. It taught me a lot and made me a better manager.

I don't regret the experience of managing Towson after everything I went through. I simply regret staying there as long as I did when the downfall of that company was beyond all of our control.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (February 10th, 2013), HelloItsMeMOM (February 11th, 2013)
Unread February 10th, 2013, 12:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Im capable of spam
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (February 11th, 2013)
Unread February 10th, 2013, 01:40 PM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVTyrant View Post

Who was the cancer guy? Send me a PM if you want. I'm wondering if I've ever met him
Unread February 10th, 2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
Who was the cancer guy? Send me a PM if you want. I'm wondering if I've ever met him
Just PM'ed you.
The Following User Says Thank You to BBVTyrant For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (February 10th, 2013)
Unread February 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM
IHBB GOD

i can slim jim