I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 16th, 2010, 09:47 AM
IHBB Freak

Cam Shultz

What an asshole.

We implemented this system this week.

My plan is if i'm still with the company, and i'm on week 6, the week you get an "official" write up, i'm gonna bs some total accesses and have some friends buy some candy. I may throw in a couple of dollars for their service, keep a drink, but to this day i refuse to flat out buy a candy bundle for my numbers.

I'm thinking this system would allow me to completely slack off except for every 6 weeks god forbid i'm here for another 6 weeks. This isn't that easy. My hours, which are already minimal, would become further drastically cut at first sign of not trying anymore.
Unread August 16th, 2010, 09:51 AM
IHBB Freak

here's something i found on a simple google search.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmbqbvh/blockbuster-video

This is most likely his facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...135&ref=search

Last edited by wheresmikey; August 16th, 2010 at 10:00 AM.
Unread August 16th, 2010, 09:54 AM

Well, i'm lost.
Unread August 16th, 2010, 09:58 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeCup View Post

Well, i'm lost.
ugh, i'm not familiar enough with the system to explain in the detail i'd like.

its a 9 week schedule to make sales quotas. if you're under quota for 9 consecutive weeks then you are fired. the weeks before that are a series of discussions and write ups with ones asm and sm.

If you do make a weekly quota in any one of these weeks then you start again from week 1.
Unread August 16th, 2010, 10:30 AM

We've been doing that for about a month and half or two months. I haven't hit my goals since we started. I have yet to get a write up. Thing is, if they make presales one of the goals and you work 10 hours chances are you won't get a presale (especially w/as slow as we've been) thus you don't hit any goals. It's total bs.

Are they going to hire someone to take my place just to have them not sell anything their first couple of months and missing out on what I could have done in that time?

I say go for it. The only reason I'm there still is to pay for my online account, gas and cigarettes. When you get paid minimum wage that's about all you can get. Oh there's the free rentals too but w/games available online I won't miss much there either.
Unread August 16th, 2010, 11:47 AM
IHBB GOD

are you guys so dead that you can't hit your sales goals once in a 6 week period?

if your sales goals are very unrealistic for the traffic you get in a week, i think the lot of you should try and take that up with the DM.

=3
Unread August 16th, 2010, 12:21 PM
IHBB GOD

C
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUYMECAR View Post
are you guys so dead that you can't hit your sales goals once in a 6 week period?

if your sales goals are very unrealistic for the traffic you get in a week, i think the lot of you should try and take that up with the DM.
dm and usually sms dont listen they give a bull shit pep talk that results in no advancement of your cause. You want to help but they see it as a notion that you can't do something and should be gotten rid of.

Remwber everyone selling is listed as other duties in your job description, its as equal to running returns if you are just basing it off the job description.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread August 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM

Do you honestly think the DM is going to listen? They will say "No excuses or not good enough"

Yes its their job to make sure the stores are hitting the goals, but instead of threats. How about praises? Might change something
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
ASM69 (October 16th, 2010), djblade (August 18th, 2010), Hot Head (August 16th, 2010), johnlow71 (August 16th, 2010)
Unread August 16th, 2010, 01:09 PM
IHBB Freak

i've been lecturing everyone i work with on something i learned in school a few years ago called Operant conditioning.

I'm sure we've all heard of it. positive reinforcement, negative reinforcement, punishment, and extinction.

we all know positive reinforcement is the best and punishment is the worst.

here's some more reading.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operant_conditioning
Unread August 16th, 2010, 01:11 PM

Yea you know it and we know it but surely they dont know it