I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 26th, 2011, 03:32 PM
IHBB GOD

How many stores are closing nation wide now?

it seems like many but I am sure its around 1,000.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread January 26th, 2011, 03:37 PM

At one of my stores, i showed up one day and there was a "for lease" sign on the building. The DM was pissed and assured us we were not closing.. They eventually took the sign down. Then a few months later we closed....
Unread January 26th, 2011, 04:40 PM
IHBB GOD

time for the job hunt, sonny!

=3
Unread January 26th, 2011, 07:50 PM
IHBB GOD

Does the sign actually say "For Rent" or "For Lease", or is it just an advertisement for the landlord's leasing company? Our landlord did the same thing a couple months ago, but what's really happening (or what we've been told is happening anyway) is the company is trying to get our lease down, and he put up a sign trying to get someone else who'll pay the current rate (we're a very profitable store but we post a net loss because of our lease). Last week we got the list of store closures and we're not on it. But it is a pain in the ass to have literally, and I mean literally, every other customer ask "so are you guys closing?" (my response: "yes, we close at 10").
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread January 26th, 2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Does the sign actually say "For Rent" or "For Lease", or is it just an advertisement for the landlord's leasing company? Our landlord did the same thing a couple months ago, but what's really happening (or what we've been told is happening anyway) is the company is trying to get our lease down, and he put up a sign trying to get someone else who'll pay the current rate (we're a very profitable store but we post a net loss because of our lease). Last week we got the list of store closures and we're not on it. But it is a pain in the ass to have literally, and I mean literally, every other customer ask "so are you guys closing?" (my response: "yes, we close at 10").
can u put up the list 4 us?
Unread January 26th, 2011, 08:07 PM

Yes pleassssssse Put up the list!!!!!!
Unread January 26th, 2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
(we're a very profitable store but we post a net loss because of our lease).
Um you are not profitable if you post a net loss.
Unread January 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM

I know of one store in my former-district that is now closing. It was a slow store on a busy street.

The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's positions, strategies, or opinion.
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DISH Network's positions, strategies, or opinion.
Unread January 26th, 2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itirnitii View Post
I know of one store in my former-district that is now closing. It was a slow store on a busy street.
Probably should have been closed months ago to be honest. That will be the downfall of this company, their failure to stop the bleeding at stores that should have been closed long ago.
Unread January 27th, 2011, 07:16 AM

It COULD be nothing, though. It probably is something, but just maybe you might be ok. My store had a For Lease sign put in the window over a year ago by the landlord. I finally got tired of hearing customers ask when we're closing, so I took the sign down and hid it. No one's put another one back up since. I work at a franchise store and the owners continue to tell us that they aren't closing our store. I tend to believe them, as I've seen financial results for every store in my company recently and there are many stores hurting worse than we are.