I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 10th, 2011, 11:05 AM

Assume The Position

Blockbuster Executives Assume New Positions
9 May, 2011

By: Erik Gruenwedel

Former CEO Jim Keyes becomes advisor to Dish Network chairman Charlie Ergen

Blockbuster’s former executive team, including CEO Jim Keyes who resigned his position as chairman of the board May 6, have assumed new positions with Dish Network's subsidiary Blockbuster LLC.

Dish Network Corp. formally terminated the executives April 26 following consummation of its $320 million acquisition of Blockbuster, according to a regulatory filing.

In addition, Blockbuster Inc. (entities not acquired by Dish) May 3 promoted Bruce Lewis to CEO. Lewis had been SVP and principal accounting officer with Blockbuster since September 2004. He also was the company’s controller. Lewis joined Blockbuster in 2001 and performed numerous duties, including treasurer, VP of internal controls, international controller and tax director.

Dish previously named long-time executive Michael Kelly president of Blockbuster LLC. There is no CEO.

Finally, Blockbuster Inc.'s board members Edward Bleier, Kathleen Dore, Jules Haimovitz, Greg Meyer and Strauss Zelnick resigned their seats, effective April 26.

Keyes, a former CEO of Southland Corp. (7-Eleven) who came out of retirement in 2007 to rejuvenate Blockbuster with a store-based multiplatform distribution platform, joined other departing executives EVP and CFO Dennis McGill, and Kevin Lewis, SVP of digital media, in new or similar positions with Blockbuster LLC.

McGill became EVP and CFO of Blockbuster LLC, and Lewis is SVP and chief marketing officer. In addtion, Greg Nichols stayed as SVP, human resources and Donald Budhu remained as SVP, financial planning and analysis. Rod McDonald, SVP, secretary and general counsel, left Blockbuster and did not remain with the new company.
The Following User Says Thank You to JustTheFacts For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM
IHBB GOD

Ha they didn't get rid of keyes

You guys are so extremely fucked unfortunately....

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; May 10th, 2011 at 04:17 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
Flantanella (May 10th, 2011), Ninja (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 10th, 2011, 11:31 AM

Tell that to BBstoreMger, he loves being the bitch of the company
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flantanella For This Useful Post:
CheeseMan (May 10th, 2011), Hot Head (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 10th, 2011, 11:35 AM

I am the last person to ride up colors flying in defense of BBMgr123 but this is not new news, why are new threads being started about it? It was posted and shared I think some time last week that Keyes was staying on in an advisory capacity and again today or yesterday when this same news (minus the advisory part) was posted in yet another new thread.

I realize that BBMgr123 is sometimes (ok usually...mostly) a douchebag but pretending that he's not saying things and then posting them as if they are fresh and new doesn't really serve any purpose except to allow him to sit back and laugh...and be right. Could we stop doing things that allow him to think he's right? Please?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psycoma For This Useful Post:
Baby Firefly (May 14th, 2011), underemployed (May 10th, 2011)
Unread May 10th, 2011, 11:50 AM
IHBB GOD

Keys going for double or nothing?
Unread May 10th, 2011, 12:15 PM

apparently there are a few more drops of milk left in the ol teet. Wouldn't want to waste any would he?
Unread May 10th, 2011, 03:37 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Keys going for double or nothing?
Yep and will loose....

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread May 10th, 2011, 09:23 PM
IHBB Freak

pfft. They wanted to but saw they'd have to pay him 750k huh?
Unread May 10th, 2011, 09:52 PM

He wants to bring the company down twice?

That would be pretty epic.
Unread May 10th, 2011, 10:03 PM
IHBB GOD

Am I the only person who noticed the pun in the title "Assume the Position" and the fact that the article is talking about the fact that Jim Keyes is still with BBV?

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodstock For This Useful Post:
45hoursaweek (May 11th, 2011)