I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > I Hate Blockbuster > News

Unread May 30th, 2011, 05:52 PM

June Free Rentals

Do you have any thoughts about this new program? I understand they want to broaden their customer base and reach out to customers who haven't been in for a long while but is this the way to get it done? We still have very low copy depth on a lot of the 1.99 NR -this could make for a very interesting June.
The Following User Says Thank You to Glass Half Empty For This Useful Post:
muthaflippin (May 31st, 2011)
Unread May 30th, 2011, 07:48 PM
IHBB Freak

Who exactly are we supposed to give it to in store? They said don't give it to everyone... so who?

Also, I agree. Bad call. But maybe the ADR revenue will be nice.
Unread May 31st, 2011, 08:52 AM
IHBB GOD

there baiting them for something/
The Following User Says Thank You to johnlow71 For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (May 31st, 2011)
Unread May 31st, 2011, 09:42 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
Do you have any thoughts about this new program? I understand they want to broaden their customer base and reach out to customers who haven't been in for a long while but is this the way to get it done? We still have very low copy depth on a lot of the 1.99 NR -this could make for a very interesting June.
Pleas explain the program in depth..........
The top Poster!
Unread May 31st, 2011, 09:55 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
there baiting them for something/
No kidding. It's going to be balls to the wall TA online drive, or a dish initiative. They aren't luring those folks in for the store's sake.
Unread May 31st, 2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Sorry- the program is basically customer rents any movie priced at 2.99 (which are the movies that have only been out for 6 weeks or less) they only pay for that 1 movie and get any 1.99 (any NR out longer than 6 weeks)or BSI for free. They then get to return the free movie and exchange it for another free 1.99/.99 rental every day until July 5. Additional daily rental fees still apply. They are sending e-mails, direct mailings and supposedly are telling stores to give the "pass" to deserving customers.
Unread May 31st, 2011, 07:05 PM

So a communication came tonight about how the SM have to call their store's TOP100 renters and thank them personally for sticking by BBV and offer them one of the June free rent passes. They were kind enough to send a script for the SM to read. This shit keeps getting funnier and funnier.
Unread May 31st, 2011, 09:34 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
In order to get the June Free rental, you have to do this:

1. Get a blue sticker movie ($2.99) AKA Just arrival movie (Only about 9 titles that have it in the store.)

2. Pay for the movie

3. Come back the next day with the movie you pay for and exchange it for another movie THAT DOES NOT HAVE A BLUE STICKER ($2.99). Then its free!

In other words to make this easy, the "June free rental" is 99% like the Movie pass. In order to get your next free rental, you have to bring that movie back in order to get another free rental and you can't get blue sticker movies (2.99). But over all you can choose from 96% of the stores movies.
Unread May 31st, 2011, 09:51 PM
IHBB Freak

lol..Lets give more free movies on top of the freebies that the 65% of our online customer base already gets free..lets get people back in the stores by giving them free rentals!!

Lets change the terms to something thats a less value..lets not get new releases again this week but the nicholas cage one..and lets load the stores up with more PRP and have clearance sales all over the store to look like a liquidation warehouse..
I learned that dreams donít work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread May 31st, 2011, 11:06 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
So a communication came tonight about how the SM have to call their store's TOP100 renters and thank them personally for sticking by BBV and offer them one of the June free rent passes. They were kind enough to send a script for the SM to read. This shit keeps getting funnier and funnier.
... There goes my week.
johnlow71 (June 1st, 2011)