I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 2nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
IHBB GOD

New Combo Pass

-new passes
-door hangers!!!!<--- lol

The 2min drill is very educational (the one above). The way they explain the budget and how to improve your stores performance. But there is something new about this
sales contest. Each pass you sell you have you enter your dish ID number or employee Id to get credit. They are keeping track of passes sold by employees. This is good because the people that sell a lot will get recognized. So MOD or SM can not seal credit or something like that

Employee Incentive (September 2 through October 30):
Employees will receive $2.50 for each sign-up processed
At the end of each period, employees will receive an additional $2.50 for each sign
up processed if their store hits its TNR budget
The maximum incentive is $5.00 per sign up if budget targets are met
Each period will be treated as a separate campaign for accounting purposes so
that a store may miss P9 budget but achieve it in P10. In this case the store
employee would be awarded the $2.50 per plan sold in P9 and in P10 all sales
would be awarded a $5.00 payout.
A valid 6-digit Oracle employee ID number must be entered on the www.blockbuster.com/hellostore address at the time of sign-up to receive credit
toward the incentive.

Also get ready to get threat to sell a lot of these. They are already busting balls lol

Last edited by djblade; September 2nd, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to djblade For This Useful Post:
Chris4 (September 2nd, 2011), Hot Head (September 2nd, 2011)
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
IHBB GOD

About time employees get paid for selling promotions, by the way what is the price of this pass......
The top Poster!
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 02:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
About time employees get paid for selling promotions, by the way what is the price of this pass......

I believe 14.99

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 03:00 PM

It's half off for the first month, but yes, normally $14.99. I actually managed to sell one today!

We also launched a few other passes today. A student pass (anything 1.99 and under movies with a valid HS or college ID) and they re-vamped kids pass to include kids games (.99cent). What they didn't do was give us a list of kids games, so I had to print a report for that myself. There's also no POP yet, so it's all up to us to talk it up.

They can get the new combo pass for $6 cheaper than before for the same 1-out. I wonder why they don't offer a 2-out? It's easy to get the current 1-outers to switch when their current pass expires, and game folks like it so far since they all hate the 1day game rentals, but i've had at least 3 people ask me why we don't have a 2-out.

Also, parents aren't going to want to put their credit card on file just for the kids pass. It's a stupid idea to MAKE them. Why not offer a kids pass allowing games for a few dollars more than one not offering them? And then only require the CC for the game-including pass?

Oh, and a question, for anyone who might know. Since there's not a 2-out combo pass, can someone buy two 1-out passes? If they pay $15 each, then it's still cheaper by a few dollars than our old 2-out (which was like $32 i think). If it's even possible, does it count for two?
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 03:07 PM

The pass is 14.99 but for the first month to get people to sign up it's 7.49. It's basically the old BBTAIS pass- 1 out game or movie except that it is also giving the customers (after Sept 12) a free 1 a month online rental. We also must get-if it wasn't already captured- the customer's e-mail address for them to do the new combo pass. They also changed the Camp Kid pass-they've made it to where you need to secure it with a credit card so it will now auto renew after the intial month is over. I love how in the paperwork it states that each store will have a number of passes they should try to reach passed on THEIR STORE'S SPECIFICS. Did my DM read this? Nope, the same number was set for each store to reach- even slow as molasses stores like mine have to get as many as the big dogs...Bullshit. Notice also that the payout date for this was not mentioned ANYWHERE on any of the paperwork.....
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 08:41 PM
IHBB Freak

How many of you have actually hit your TNR budget lately? Since 2005?
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 09:10 PM

My old store did 130% of budget.
I think i was told our active comps were near 1600%.

Considering the store just opened a year ago, P8 was reeeeallly slow last year.
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphabalives View Post

Oh, and a question, for anyone who might know. Since there's not a 2-out combo pass, can someone buy two 1-out passes? If they pay $15 each, then it's still cheaper by a few dollars than our old 2-out (which was like $32 i think). If it's even possible, does it count for two?
The answer to that is unfortunately no. I know we can only do 1 per account because we sold well over 30 tonight and a few customers inquired about a second pass and if you check the account for pass options after you've sold one to them, you'll see there is no more combo pass option. You could sell them a kids or student pass but that's about it. I think they limited it to just one because at only 7.50 for the first month, we'll get a TON of people wanting to do it (especially with the new games terms which did not go over well with my store's customers once they found out they had to pay 2 dollars a day for new games and it would cost them 10 dollars for 5 days when before it would only cost them 8 for the same time). If we had a huge influx of people getting a 2 at a time combo pass all at once, then they would need ALOT more product to satisfy the demand without us being out of stock all the time. The current game and new movie buys would rarely be enough to keep much in coupled with the online customers trading their stuff too. As far as budget, I made mine last period Orbit. It will be tough to do it this period as well though.
Unread September 3rd, 2011, 06:13 AM

Ah, thanks Dark. Hopefully corporate will realize the need for a more comprehensive pass.

Also, anyone else have to be on a 9am conference call today for not making their goal of 20? And so it begins...
Unread September 3rd, 2011, 07:01 AM

I can't believe corporate failed to make a 2 out pass. its such a failure at the most basic level and is just another example of how removed they are from how things actually work at the store level.
Oh wait, I can believe it.