I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Boom... 300 more stores to close

Here we go again, my only question is... Why spend all the money on remodels and then close them 6 months later ?

It sucks but it's business
Unread January 18th, 2013, 01:46 PM
IHBB Freak

How many will be left after that?
Unread January 18th, 2013, 01:52 PM

Do you have a link to a news article? I can't find anything...
Unread January 18th, 2013, 07:34 PM
IHBB GOD

What stores are closing??

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are stupider than that." George Carlin (Thanks Moonprism)

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone.
Unread January 18th, 2013, 08:13 PM
IHBB GOD

My store got the news today. Its been fun.
Unread January 18th, 2013, 08:45 PM
IHBB GOD

Yup, I heard today from the Regional People. They need the extra money for their big projects
Unread January 19th, 2013, 07:38 AM

They need money to be profitable, so they are closing the stores that don't make profits... I guess they think once they close these stores they will be profitable.
Unread January 19th, 2013, 08:56 AM

I heard that they didn't make a profit this last year so they figure that if they close more stores they will make more money. Cuz you know doing the same damn thing will obviously have a different result this time...

I'm kind of sad my store didn't get their closing notification. Though of course it could still happen... I was hoping to get unemployment and go back to school. My only consolation is that they are closing the store that this asshole shift lead got transferred to as SM...
Unread January 19th, 2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wundergurl007 View Post
Here we go again, my only question is... Why spend all the money on remodels and then close them 6 months later ?

It sucks but it's business
That's what they did last year... been saying it all along, they are just going to close the larger stores unfortunately. It doesn't matter if a store has been set to the new layout... that doesn't mean it's going to be safe. It really does suck because that's so many people looking for new jobs. That's what I'm sorry about, that those people are going to be out of a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuadrillas View Post
They need money to be profitable, so they are closing the stores that don't make profits... I guess they think once they close these stores they will be profitable.
That's the same exact thing that was said last year... closing the stores that didn't make a profit, as I recall someone even said the bottom 15% but turned out to be much higher than that... even stores that were hitting their marks with sales and hitting their marks with profit got closed. It doesn't matter what the lease it, doesn't matter if the store has been remodeled.... doesn't matter if people haven't heard yet... it is going to come. Not trying to be a negative nelly but it's reality. I don't want to see people loose their jobs but this keeps happening, yet people think it's only the stores not making a profit.

Last edited by inkedangel; January 19th, 2013 at 09:22 AM.
Unread January 19th, 2013, 09:55 AM
IHBB GOD

You guys know what this means >_<

There going to keep everyone account for there goals. Only keep people that sale and that's it.

If you think the sales pressure isn't good, just you wait O_O.

There only three things they want is blue tickets, bundles and prp. Right now its hard to sell blue tickets because Blockbuster going through issue on getting new movies this month because of vender changes and someone didn't make the orders on time too >_>

Last edited by djblade; January 19th, 2013 at 10:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to djblade For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (January 19th, 2013)