I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread March 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM

Price changes at BB -- what has changed?

So I went to my last local BB yesterday and rented GOW: Judgment. When I was checking-out, they told me that prices have changed, but they conveniently neglected to tell me how prices have changed and I didn't feel like asking. From what I have been able to find on the internet, it sounds like I'll now paying $25 a month for my Blue Ticket "privileges," but with the added benefit of being able to get a movie whenever I exchange something... ?

So I'm assuming this is Ergen's next plan to make BB (or what's left of it) profitable again? You have to hand it to him -- he has tried again, and again, and again, and....
Unread March 20th, 2013, 10:11 AM
IHBB GOD

yep, rental went from 2.99 to 3.99 buh bye....
Unread March 20th, 2013, 10:13 AM

3.99 per day? That's outrageous. What is the deal with the rentals being 5 days now?
Unread March 20th, 2013, 04:49 PM
IHBB GOD

and Redbox is streaming on Netflix...
Unread March 20th, 2013, 07:47 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
and Redbox is streaming on Netflix...
redbox is streaming with verizon not on netflix...smh...lol..

Yeah the new prices suck total bung hole
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (March 22nd, 2013)
Unread March 20th, 2013, 08:15 PM

So what's the deal with the Blue Ticket? Am I just paying $25 a month for the same thing?
Unread March 21st, 2013, 12:22 AM
IHBB GOD

90% of the store is 5 day rentals... Its going back to the old days since Netflix and Redbox kinda suck now......

$3.99 - 1 day (New release movies 1-4 weeks new because redbox and netflix doesn't have them. We are trying to keep them instock.) ARD fee $3.99 per day
$3.99 - 5 days (52 weeks) ARD fee $0.79 per day
$0.99 - 5 days (BSI movies) ADR fee $0.19 per day

Everything will still auto sale on the account after 10 days
_______

Games

$9.99 - 5 day (1-8 weeks)
$5.99 - 5 day (52 weeks)
$2.99 - 5 day (BSI games)

Pass:

3 & 2 out of a time movie passes are not effective. Same with Kids pass

Blue ticket $14.99 goes to $24.99 now (still get 1 rent get 1 free, 1 free online mailer, games and movies)
Movie pass is $14.99 (only does movies, no games)

They pick this deal because some dude in texas is doing well with it and has proven it works lol

Last edited by djblade; March 21st, 2013 at 12:29 AM.
Unread March 21st, 2013, 07:33 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
90% of the store is 5 day rentals... Its going back to the old days since Netflix and Redbox kinda suck now......

$3.99 - 1 day (New release movies 1-4 weeks new because redbox and netflix doesn't have them. We are trying to keep them instock.) ARD fee $3.99 per day

_______

Games

$5.99 - 5 day (52 weeks)

Pass:

Blue ticket $14.99 goes to $24.99 now (still get 1 rent get 1 free, 1 free online mailer, games and movies)

They pick this deal because some dude in texas is doing well with it and has proven it works lol

Your spin is always entertaining.

They can't broker good deals for the product anymore. Too few stores.
The Following User Says Thank You to orbitdvd For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (March 21st, 2013)
Unread March 21st, 2013, 07:50 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:

_______

Games

$5.99 - 5 day (52 weeks)

Pass:

As you continue to sip the koolaid because you work at a store they kept for a tax write off, people will cancel their passes left and right because why pay 10 dollars more for the same deal you have been giving them for over a year now. Also people will be paying 4 dollars for 5 days which will cater to some, but they will not be happy they have to take it for 5 days instead of the typical 1.99 for 1 day option they had, and same for the older movies, im going to pay 4 bucks for 5 days when i could have it 1 dollar for 1 day, ur older movie rentals are going to take a big hit.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (March 21st, 2013)
Unread March 21st, 2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
As usual, they still haven't learned that just because some guy in one area tried it and made it work that it's going to work all over the country. Some people can't afford the higher pricing, some people are just stubborn and won't want to pay it. And it's especially going to be an issue for some if the NR are still still coming in on Fridays for whatever reason. It's a crap deal, they used to pay that price for 2 out and some of them remember that deal still.