I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread August 31st, 2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbemp_can View Post
Well folks, that's it.

On September 6th, Grant Thornton is in court to seek approval of All of Blockbuster Canada's Assets being liquidated.

Liquidation is set to start on Sep 9th. None of the bidder's offers were "deemed acceptable" so they are just selling off all the assets.

I just want to how sorry I am to all of you who have either lost a job at bbv or are about to (myself included).

All of the information on the store liquidation is posted on the Grant Thornton site.

Time to move on...

Good luck to you and, everyone else.
Unread August 31st, 2011, 02:03 PM

Keep walking towards the light...it's beautiful out here.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoffeeCup For This Useful Post:
MamaSmurf (August 31st, 2011)
Unread August 31st, 2011, 02:31 PM

I can almost see it....feels warm!! LOL
Unread August 31st, 2011, 04:04 PM

"New Blockbuster plans to begin offering Canadian customers exciting new ways to access movies and games before year end," the receiver said.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/...#ixzz1WedfChdv
Unread August 31st, 2011, 11:15 PM

Ya, that's all folks. It dawned on me today that I'm glad I wasn't kept for these remaining last months. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd willingly suffer through another store closure sale. My heart goes out to the employees and I wish them luck in their future endeavors. This gong show will be far more circus like than the last round. I only hope the the Receiver has a good team to handle all the termination paperwork... since we know how well that went last time.
Unread September 1st, 2011, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaSmurf View Post
Ya, that's all folks. It dawned on me today that I'm glad I wasn't kept for these remaining last months. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd willingly suffer through another store closure sale. My heart goes out to the employees and I wish them luck in their future endeavors. This gong show will be far more circus like than the last round. I only hope the the Receiver has a good team to handle all the termination paperwork... since we know how well that went last time.
When speaking to friends yesterday one of the first things i told them was MAKE SURE YOU GET YOUR ROE'S BEFORE THE PLACE SHUTS DOWN. They had enough problems sending them out when they were still in business.
The Following User Says Thank You to CoffeeCup For This Useful Post:
MamaSmurf (September 1st, 2011)
Unread September 1st, 2011, 08:04 AM

I kinda chuckle at the 2nd Stay Bonus they're offering. That measly $1000 (pre-tax) is hardly worth the torture and abuse to stay. If they're smart (?) they'll up the amount to at least $5000 per employee.... but I friggin doubt it.

Coffee: unlikely they'll ever see their ROEs. The poor ladies in Payroll will probably quit this week, and GT will have to scramble to find someone willing to continue that job. Being considerate to the exiting (everyone) people won't be high on their priority list.
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 10:45 AM
IHBB GOD

Jeff Gloor's statement to all Blockbuster Canada

Today, you may have heard media reports or seen news articles announcing that Blockbuster is closing their remaining stores in Canada and winding down the company by the end of the year. I want to remind you that the Blockbuster Canada stores are not part of our company, nor were they included in the assets purchased by DISH Network in April. The Blockbuster Canada entity was not included in the original Blockbuster bankruptcy filed in September of last year. Blockbuster Canada Co. entered into their own bankruptcy proceedings shortly after DISH purchased the remainder of the Blockbuster brand. Their closures are a result of their bankruptcy proceedings and does not have an impact on our operations or strategy. If customers come into your store inquiring about the proceedings or closures of the Blockbuster Canada stores, inform them that all stores in the U.S. are continuing to serve customers as normal and that the stores in Canada are a part of a separate company that is not tied to our company. These types or reports are not new to us, and as before we should continue to operate as normal and focus on servicing our customers. Have a good holiday weekend.

Last edited by djblade; September 2nd, 2011 at 10:59 AM.
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblade View Post
Jeff Gloor's statement to all Blockbuster Canada

Today, you may have heard media reports or seen news articles announcing that Blockbuster is closing their remaining stores in Canada and winding down the company by the end of the year. I want to remind you that the Blockbuster Canada stores are not part of our company, nor were they included in the assets purchased by DISH Network in April. The Blockbuster Canada entity was not included in the original Blockbuster bankruptcy filed in September of last year. Blockbuster Canada Co. entered into their own bankruptcy proceedings shortly after DISH purchased the remainder of the Blockbuster brand. Their closures are a result of their bankruptcy proceedings and does not have an impact on our operations or strategy. If customers come into your store inquiring about the proceedings or closures of the Blockbuster Canada stores, inform them that all stores in the U.S. are continuing to serve customers as normal and that the stores in Canada are a part of a separate company that is not tied to our company. These types or reports are not new to us, and as before we should continue to operate as normal and focus on servicing our customers. Have a good holiday weekend.
How convenient of them to disassemble it that way... considering Canada only went BK because of the Dish sale.. I finally get why they never came to an agreement on terms.
Unread September 2nd, 2011, 02:25 PM

So is BB UK Still around?