I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread December 30th, 2011, 01:45 PM

I need a new job....

So my parents are splitting up and getting a divorce. My mom has developed some serious mental health issues(and will not accept any help with) and as such I need to strike it on my own in the world. In order to do that I need money plain and simple. My father has agreed to pay for an apartment for me for six months while I find my way. Im 24 years old Ive been working for a blockbuster for the last four years(two as a manager) and im making about $10 an hour at about 30 hours or so a week and that just doesnt cut it. So ive got six months to find something better to do. I was thinking a trade school or something along that lines perhaps pharmacy tech? I need something to get me on my feet and then I can perhaps pursue higher education. I have a high school diploma and have dallied with community college but no degree of any sort. So anybody got any suggestions?
Unread December 30th, 2011, 01:53 PM
IHBB GOD

It depends on where you live, and what kind of carrer you want. I know the market is bad.....but go on line and put out your resume to everyone you can NOW! It takes awhile to get hired anymore, and if you want an education, why can't you live with your dad instead. It's hell out there and good luck..
The top Poster!
Unread December 30th, 2011, 02:56 PM

Have you considered a call center gig? Most of those start out at $10/hr or better for training and a lot of them will help with schooling if you go for things they consider relevant for the business.
Unread December 30th, 2011, 03:10 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusAurelias View Post
So my parents are splitting up and getting a divorce. My mom has developed some serious mental health issues(and will not accept any help with) and as such I need to strike it on my own in the world. In order to do that I need money plain and simple. My father has agreed to pay for an apartment for me for six months while I find my way. Im 24 years old Ive been working for a blockbuster for the last four years(two as a manager) and im making about $10 an hour at about 30 hours or so a week and that just doesnt cut it. So ive got six months to find something better to do. I was thinking a trade school or something along that lines perhaps pharmacy tech? I need something to get me on my feet and then I can perhaps pursue higher education. I have a high school diploma and have dallied with community college but no degree of any sort. So anybody got any suggestions?
Proggramming will set you free with the money situation

What can you do with Apache MySQL and PHP? <---Personal knowledge for me.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; December 30th, 2011 at 03:34 PM.
Unread December 30th, 2011, 03:16 PM

Here's where I put on my old Army Recruiter hat. A short two year enlistment can leave you with some nice college money. I know that the military isn't for everyone, but you can save alot while you are in since room and food is paid for. That savings along with the G.I. Bill is a nice bit of cash for such a short commitment. It's been 15 yrs since I've been in, but the money they give you for college has really gone up since I was in. It was 50k back in the day. Not sure what it is now.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarge For This Useful Post:
katiebell (December 30th, 2011)
Unread December 30th, 2011, 03:29 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge View Post
Here's where I put on my old Army Recruiter hat. A short two year enlistment can leave you with some nice college money. I know that the military isn't for everyone, but you can save alot while you are in since room and food is paid for. That savings along with the G.I. Bill is a nice bit of cash for such a short commitment. It's been 15 yrs since I've been in, but the money they give you for college has really gone up since I was in. It was 50k back in the day. Not sure what it is now.
You have to serve 4 years before they pay for a 4 year degree....

50/50 you get that 4 year degree

if you dont die and have to server your country how would you deal with someone blowing up in front of you. Post tramatic stress disorder...

Its a certain mentallity dont get me wrong and it will do some good to whip some structure in your ass like it did to me.

if you ever break into proggramming here is your theme song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp9ch-dAKk0&ob=av3e

@1:06 is the way i roll

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Last edited by Hot Head; December 30th, 2011 at 03:47 PM.
Unread December 30th, 2011, 09:59 PM
IHBB GOD

Male stripper
johnlow71 (December 31st, 2011)
Unread December 31st, 2011, 05:17 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloItsMeMOM View Post
Male stripper
Mad loot!!!!!!!! No joke

The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (January 1st, 2012)
Unread December 31st, 2011, 06:58 AM
IHBB GOD

you can do what alot of us do and work 2 jobs, yeah it sucks but it pays the bills and then some, just changes your personal life a wee bit. but you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes, tuff luck on your difficulties and i hope it all works out for you soon.
Unread December 31st, 2011, 10:03 AM

I hate to be the one to suggest this since I despise the company, but Apply to Walmart for an 'Hourly Trainee' position...they pay their assistant managers well, and as long as you have 1-2 years experience in management, and a HS Diploma you should be eligible