I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 07:29 AM
zooworker's Avatar
zooworker zooworker is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Over there
Posts: 24,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoslave23 View Post
Zoo's already using a walker.

Didn't you hear about his accident?
As of today I am walker free..Gave it back to the old lady next door. Now she can get around the house again.
__________________
It's been a Fun Ride,
THANKS!! Old Friends!!
ROYAL GUARD
The top Poster!
  #22  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Morbid Angel's Avatar
Morbid Angel Morbid Angel is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The dark side of the moon
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoslave23 View Post
All i can add is what's been said a million times before, but hey, it's a new thread, and it happened TWICE today.

Cust- "Do you guys have VCR's?"

(I'm pretty sure they meant VHS, but either way, the answer was still no.)
WTF?! Are people ever going to stop asking for this obsolete junk? Just let it die already you clueless pathetic luddite losers! You make me sick!!!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
__________________
"It's not a god damn helicopter Senator, it's Airwolf!"

  #23  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 07:47 AM
zooworker's Avatar
zooworker zooworker is offline
IHBB GOD
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Over there
Posts: 24,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid Angel View Post
WTF?! Are people ever going to stop asking for this obsolete junk? Just let it die already you clueless pathetic luddite losers! You make me sick!!!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
Yes we carry VHS right next to the 8 trak tapes.
__________________
It's been a Fun Ride,
THANKS!! Old Friends!!
ROYAL GUARD
The top Poster!
  #24  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 07:56 AM
bitemyskull's Avatar
bitemyskull bitemyskull is offline
IHBB Freak
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Johio
Posts: 1,156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srtbandit View Post
A woman in her 50's stormed into my store about 2 days ago with a strange request....

C: (very snotty sounding and almost throwing a movie at me) HERE! You know you people should really make sure the movie is formatted back to english when they return to the store!

Me: I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean?

C: It's not hard! Just make sure that the language on the movie is set back to ENGLISH...not SPANISH!

Me:Oh, that's actually impossible ma'am. Dvd's are formatted to play one way and one way only. Flags of our Fathers plays in English unless you switched the language by mistake, either by your tv/dvd player or by the dvd menu. Could that have been possible?

C: Well it wasnt me, it was my 85 year old mother. And she doesn't know how to do that stuff! She had a hell of a time calling me to come and fix a problem for her that YOU should have fixed!

Me:Well, ma'am, I'm sorry you had so much trouble, but like i said before.....

C: I dont want to hear your excuses! Just make sure it doesnt happen again!!!(storms out of the store)



Since it was around 10:40, I decided to pop it in the player to see if maybe by some strange reason the dvd was in spanish..... starts playing in English, so I go to the language set up menu, and IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A F***ING SPANISH LANGUAGE SETTING!!! ONLY SPANISH SUBTITLES!!! *sigh* when are people going to stop bieing so stupid?
I had a situation kind of like this a few months ago. I had a lady who came in and rented three movies. One was a Tyler Perry play, one was a bad action movie, and the last was (I believe) Ju-on 2. The first two, of course, didn't work, and Ju-on wasn't in English, and didn't even have subtitles. Since she demanded a refund, and would not accept an exchange, I felt the need to refute her claim.

The first two played well, but I didn't want to put Ju-on in, since we had people in the store. I tried showing her the back of the box, where it clearly stated that there were English subtitles, but she wouldn't believe me. At this point, our SM happened to pop in to get a movie, and he told me to play it anyway, since there wasn't anything scary in the first few minutes. I put it in, showed the lady where you go to turn on the subtitles, and, amazingly, they worked. She kept griping, so finally my SM gave her a refund for the action movie because it was scratched pretty bad.

The funniest part of this ordeal was that she'd been talking on the phone when she checked out the first time. My CSR told me after she'd left that she'd been saying something about, "I don't know if he'll like these movies that I picked. I guess I can always bring them back if he doesn't."
__________________
Customer: "I'm calling about Bitemyskull Beingsofakingawsum-"
DL: "I know she is, but we love this kind of call. Thanks for choosing Blockbuster!" *click*
~rk237~


MissHailstorm: *sniff**sniff* Do I smell smoke? Must be a-firin' time!
  #25  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 08:42 AM
TheyCallMeTiny's Avatar
TheyCallMeTiny TheyCallMeTiny is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srtbandit View Post
*sigh* when are people going to stop bieing so stupid?
im gonna have to say...never. what would we have to talk about if there wasnt stupidness?
__________________
Customers, when you think about it, really have a lot in common with zombies. First of all, one by itself is not a problem, it can be dealt with easily. The real threat comes from their ability to overwhelm you with their sheer numbers. They tend not to move very fast, and they don't think for themselves very much
  #26  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Fresser's Avatar
Fresser Fresser is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemyskull View Post
I had a situation kind of like this a few months ago. I had a lady who came in and rented three movies. One was a Tyler Perry play, one was a bad action movie, and the last was (I believe) Ju-on 2. The first two, of course, didn't work, and Ju-on wasn't in English, and didn't even have subtitles. Since she demanded a refund, and would not accept an exchange, I felt the need to refute her claim.

The first two played well, but I didn't want to put Ju-on in, since we had people in the store. I tried showing her the back of the box, where it clearly stated that there were English subtitles, but she wouldn't believe me. At this point, our SM happened to pop in to get a movie, and he told me to play it anyway, since there wasn't anything scary in the first few minutes. I put it in, showed the lady where you go to turn on the subtitles, and, amazingly, they worked. She kept griping, so finally my SM gave her a refund for the action movie because it was scratched pretty bad.

The funniest part of this ordeal was that she'd been talking on the phone when she checked out the first time. My CSR told me after she'd left that she'd been saying something about, "I don't know if he'll like these movies that I picked. I guess I can always bring them back if he doesn't."
I hope there is a WATCH CREDITS on account with a thousand exclaimation points. Why can't people just take responsibility for the money they spend? "Do you have refunds for movies that were really bad?" (not defective, just movies like the Last Kiss, and Gigili) If we went through all the movies, and only put good movies on the shelf, there would be like 15 titles to choose from. Read the back, know how to work a dvd player, and admit defeat when you realize that Material Girls was not the best choice in a movie.
__________________
Would you like to purchase a Blockbuster stock with your Total Access Exchange today?
  #27  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 10:44 AM
moonprism's Avatar
moonprism moonprism is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Second row ringside
Posts: 419
Send a message via AIM to moonprism Send a message via MSN to moonprism Send a message via Yahoo to moonprism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresser View Post
I hope there is a WATCH CREDITS on account with a thousand exclaimation points. Why can't people just take responsibility for the money they spend? "Do you have refunds for movies that were really bad?" (not defective, just movies like the Last Kiss, and Gigili) If we went through all the movies, and only put good movies on the shelf, there would be like 15 titles to choose from. Read the back, know how to work a dvd player, and admit defeat when you realize that Material Girls was not the best choice in a movie.
Why do people think they deserve a refund from US when they don't like the movie? I've never understood that.
__________________
"Welcome to Blockbuster. Get your shit and get out."

"One time, I applied for a job renting movies to people and ended up getting hired to be a sales person."
-penguinmike
  #28  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 10:51 AM
TheyCallMeTiny's Avatar
TheyCallMeTiny TheyCallMeTiny is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 192
people cant make decisions on their own. they have to ask every employee if they have seen the movie and if noone has they dont rent it. they know what movies they like, hopefully they can read. thats all u need to figure out if youre gonna like a movie. USE IT
__________________
Customers, when you think about it, really have a lot in common with zombies. First of all, one by itself is not a problem, it can be dealt with easily. The real threat comes from their ability to overwhelm you with their sheer numbers. They tend not to move very fast, and they don't think for themselves very much
  #29  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Bashh's Avatar
Bashh Bashh is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ferron, Utah
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonprism View Post
Why do people think they deserve a refund from US when they don't like the movie? I've never understood that.
That's why I like TA and MP customers, if you offer them something they won't like they just come back and say 'that was terrible' and get a new movie.
  #30  
Unread April 11th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Fresser's Avatar
Fresser Fresser is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeTiny View Post
people cant make decisions on their own. they have to ask every employee if they have seen the movie and if noone has they dont rent it. they know what movies they like, hopefully they can read. thats all u need to figure out if youre gonna like a movie. USE IT
When I first started at Blockbuster, I was running movies on my first friday night. This couple comes up to me holding up three movies, and wants to know what i think of them. I hadn't seen any of them. Smiling, and apologizing, I say I didn't see them, and one looked good, and then one of the ladies grumbles loudly and says, "This is ridiculous! Aren't you SUPPOSED to watch movies? I don't know why I even come here!" Sorry, I don't have time to watch movies. I work at Blockbuster.
__________________
Would you like to purchase a Blockbuster stock with your Total Access Exchange today?
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:26 AM.


vBulletin Version 3.7.1
© 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.