I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 11th, 2012, 07:55 PM

Damn haven't realized he been on here for 10 years bashing Blockbuster employees. Anyone spending that much time doing that should realize they look like more of an idiot then anyone their bashing.
The Following User Says Thank You to chapter11buster For This Useful Post:
zooworker (November 19th, 2012)
Unread November 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbandonedDreams View Post
Zoo actually used the correct version of your.
I stand corrected...thank you AbandonedDreams.
Unread November 11th, 2012, 08:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
about as dumb as someone who has sat on a website for 10 years waiting for the company to close?..
But you've been on here for 7 years defending a sinking ship...how do you explain that?
Unread November 12th, 2012, 11:02 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWLIGA View Post
But you've been on here for 7 years defending a sinking ship...how do you explain that?
And you have been pounding holes in the ship verbally......
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (November 12th, 2012)
Unread November 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:

Actually, anyone who knows me on this site and from my posts, I far from defend everything blockbuster does, and am smart enough to know the bad and good decisions. On the other hand, you have been here wishing thousands of people unemployed because u were fired many years ago. Maybe you should take a look at your life and make the necessary improvements needed so you are not on a website for 10 years waiting for it to close, like a football fan is waiting for his team to in the superbowl. Just saying.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
zooworker (November 13th, 2012)
Unread November 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBStoreMgr112233 View Post
Despite what many of you think, I am not an idiot. I realize this business, without change, won't be around much longer. No, Dish aren't idiots either. They are not going to continue to throw good money after bad.

However, they do have a plan. It has taken longer, much longer, than they first anticipated. They too realize that without change they can't continue to afford to go down this path.

I imagine they will close some more stores after the 4th quarter. These will mostly be the larger stores where monthly costs and montly revenue simply doesn't add up with one another and as the lease expires, so will that store. And without a change, I don't see more than 200-300 stores left another year and a half from now.

With that said, Dish has not given up on their plan. If you read beyond the one-sided front page articles you see in Google News you may start to find this information. I think the quarterly conference calls after earnings, the information they share with investors and share holders, is the more telling information.

And despite what a couple current employees, who by the way don't know their ass from their head, have said, they are not opening new stores. Do they have a designed ideal footprint for future stores? Absolutely, and if their long term plans ever take form, it is quite likely they will begin opening new stores.

Until a decision is made by the FCC, who has promised a decision by the end of the year, and until they can identify a partner to help build out a wireless network which they can market to their current customers and beyond, nobody knows what will happen. If the FCC doesn't approve their desired use for the wireless spectrum, we all know what will happen. If they can't identify and form a partnership with an existing mobile company, we all know what will happen.

But I am not an idiot. Right now, I believe my current position with this company is best for me. With the economy and unemployment the way it is, there isn't a lot of opportunities out there and the ones that are aren't really any better than where I am out now, in my opinion.

So in summary, yes Blockbuster is dying. It has been for years but it isn't dead. Dish does have a plan, but it may never happen, and not by choice but by circumstances. They have done some very good things in stores and at the corporate level. They still have a long way to go. Will they ever get there? Nobody knows for sure but the next year or so will certainly tell us all what we want to know. And we all know what most of you hope will be the end result but I am sure you'll let me know again in response to my post.
Opportunities are indeed out there. You just have to actually make a real effort to get motivated and look ... not just keep telling yourself this line.
Unread November 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNewlySL View Post
Actually, anyone who knows me on this site and from my posts, I far from defend everything blockbuster does, and am smart enough to know the bad and good decisions. On the other hand, you have been here wishing thousands of people unemployed because u were fired many years ago. Maybe you should take a look at your life and make the necessary improvements needed so you are not on a website for 10 years waiting for it to close, like a football fan is waiting for his team to in the superbowl. Just saying.
NEVER fired..(do we really have to go through this again for the 4000th time you idiot?)
You have CONSISTENTLY defended Blockbuster as the "BEACON OF FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT"
(prove me wrong)... PPPPPUUUUHHHLLLEEAAASSEEEE show us when you DIDN'T defend this company ....fucking idiot.
Unread November 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVTyrant View Post
Opportunities are indeed out there. You just have to actually make a real effort to get motivated and look ... not just keep telling yourself this line.
Unread November 18th, 2012, 08:56 PM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
NEVER fired..(do we really have to go through this again for the 4000th time you idiot?)
You have CONSISTENTLY defended Blockbuster as the "BEACON OF FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT"
(prove me wrong)... PPPPPUUUUHHHLLLEEAAASSEEEE show us when you DIDN'T defend this company ....fucking idiot.

I have defended blockbuster, just as much as I have spoke negativity on the things they have done wrong. At the end of the day im not the loser "idiot", who is sitting on a website wishing thousands out of work and hoping a company closes. IF you weren't fired, then why do you have so much hatred towards the place after so many years? Most people on this board has been screwed one way or another working for them.
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DavidNewlySL For This Useful Post:
AbandonedDreams (November 19th, 2012), johnlow71 (November 19th, 2012), zooworker (November 19th, 2012)
Unread November 19th, 2012, 09:28 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
NEVER fired.
Then why did you quit, but I have heard from some that know you what really happened.........
The top Poster!