I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread September 19th, 2010, 03:14 PM
IHBB Freak

WOW, that took me back about twenty years. I remember that jingle from videotapes I made as a kid, taping cartoons like Ghostbusters and Captain N and stuff. And yeah, the ABC version of Beetlejuice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread September 19th, 2010, 08:25 PM

I sold one the other day to myself out of curiosity... I bit into it and immediately regretted getting out of bed and coming to work.

My experience was one of horror as I chewed on the pickle chunk I managed to gnaw off. It didn't turn into little pickle bits instead it was like tough old gum, turning into one shape before returning to the old shape. The flavor... well if yellow had a flavor that pickle would have been yellow...putrid... old.... yellow. It haunts me still, I spit it out and hid behind the counter counting the last few minutes till break time.
Unread September 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergoth View Post
I sold one the other day to myself out of curiosity... I bit into it and immediately regretted getting out of bed and coming to work.

My experience was one of horror as I chewed on the pickle chunk I managed to gnaw off. It didn't turn into little pickle bits instead it was like tough old gum, turning into one shape before returning to the old shape. The flavor... well if yellow had a flavor that pickle would have been yellow...putrid... old.... yellow. It haunts me still, I spit it out and hid behind the counter counting the last few minutes till break time.
Next time check the expiration date.................
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
djblade (September 20th, 2010)
Unread September 20th, 2010, 11:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Hahahaha

I had a customer buy 10 pickles once. She said she loved them. We sold out quickly and just only have 5 hot mama's pickles lol
Unread September 20th, 2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Next time check the expiration date.................
Haha after I bit into that's what I did...turns out those things can be considered edible for a lonnnnng time. Mine was still considered "food" in the sense it wasn't expired but could still possibly kill you.
Unread September 20th, 2010, 03:28 PM

Pickles did pretty well in my store. People who tried them were usually repeat buyers. However thanks to corporate meddling we moved them to the most hidden, darkest area of our snack queue. You literally have to already know the location of the pickles to find them.

Which is fine though, because I was tired of the banal small talk people wanted to make about the pickles. "Pickles in a bag? A-hyuk a-hyuk whodathunk of somethin' like that?"
The Following User Says Thank You to AdjectiveZord For This Useful Post:
BUYMECAR (September 22nd, 2010)
Unread September 22nd, 2010, 06:53 AM
IHBB GOD

hyuk hyuk pickles in a pouch? that sounds as silly as paying $5 for a rental!

=3