I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread December 22nd, 2006, 04:30 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
So does everyone get store keys or just the managers?

I'd keep my eye on that one, if I were you.

"So, where are the blind spots in the store? When do I get the code to the safe? Is there an easy way to defeat the yellow locks? IF the alarm were to go off, what is the police response time?"

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread December 23rd, 2006, 09:38 AM

Quote:

Oh, hey, FYI: When you were in the bathroom I forgot to give someone their change so I just scanned that emergency barcode thing to open my til. That's cool, right?

ive already lost all of my audit points, and this is far better then annoying my mod on a busy friday night.
Unread December 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
I'd keep my eye on that one, if I were you.

"So, where are the blind spots in the store? When do I get the code to the safe? Is there an easy way to defeat the yellow locks? IF the alarm were to go off, what is the police response time?"

all that information should be in the SOP right Ozzie?
Unread December 23rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Oh, hey, FYI: When you were in the bathroom I forgot to give someone their change so I just scanned that emergency barcode thing to open my til. That's cool, right?
It's not like the hatch from "Lost". Everyone thinks there is a silent alarm or something that happens when you scan that barcode. It's really just there to help prevent us from getting shot in the event of a robbery.

Get up off your ass and get the fuck down here I got shit over here I'm tryin' to fuckin' sell!
Unread December 23rd, 2006, 04:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconianSM View Post
It's not like the hatch from "Lost". Everyone thinks there is a silent alarm or something that happens when you scan that barcode. It's really just there to help prevent us from getting shot in the event of a robbery.

Wouldn't it be funny if it was, tho??

Anyone have a panic button?? (No, I don't expect a public answer...... just trying to get you in the proper mood for this story). One of my first retail jobs, I accidently leaned against the panic button. Yeah, it was fun watching the police all fly into the lot.

Could you see that happening if you used the emergency barcode??

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread December 23rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
IHBB GOD

You still get points off an audit if the barcode is scanned for a reason other than robbery. I do think that CSRs should be able to open a drawer if they're assigned to it, since they have it open during transactions anyway, but if you allow the barcode to be used it'll start being used for everything.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread December 23rd, 2006, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
You still get points off an audit if the barcode is scanned for a reason other than robbery. I do think that CSRs should be able to open a drawer if they're assigned to it, since they have it open during transactions anyway, but if you allow the barcode to be used it'll start being used for everything.
Funny how the auditor scans it to open the drawers after telling us never to.

Disclaimer: The postings on this site are my own and do not represent Blockbuster's or Dish Network's positions, strategies or opinions, because they are all a bunch of dickless idiots.
Unread December 23rd, 2006, 06:13 PM
IHBB GOD

anyone is allowed to open any till in canada... i have yet to hear a word about it causing any problems with employees stealing money from tills, if an employee wants to steal money, they are going to steal money, not allowing them to open a till when not tendering a transaction is just retarded

Unread December 23rd, 2006, 07:03 PM
IHBB Freak

the auditor has to test the emergency barcodes whenever they stop in your store - one of the managers should also check every once in a while to see if they are working - I don't think the auditor is going to mind if a manager scans the code once in a couple months, but if a CSR does, that's bad news.

its funny how they can tell when the code has been used whenever they visit.
Unread December 23rd, 2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if it was, tho??

Anyone have a panic button?? (No, I don't expect a public answer...... just trying to get you in the proper mood for this story). One of my first retail jobs, I accidently leaned against the panic button. Yeah, it was fun watching the police all fly into the lot.

Could you see that happening if you used the emergency barcode??
One store here in the UK had a new, and I must say not very bright, new starter hit the panic button "Just to see what would happen."

The next day an old man in Police uniform showed up and was like "So, the panic button was pressed last night. Is everything all right?"

Before anyone asks, no pranking the panick button isn't a regular occurance either.