I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread October 17th, 2006, 09:22 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN_COWBOY View Post
Wow, the kool-aid is being served again. This is the same thing they said about the Movie Pass. Hey, your customers who spend $60 a month on movies are now only going to pay $30 a month. But don't worry, they will spend more on PRP, new DVD's and confection. It didn't happen. They got to rent the same amount of movies, or more, for half of what they were spending before. They didn't buy the confection, they didn't buy the PRP. They came in, exchanged their movies and left.

What color is they sky in your world?
Looking very black here........
The top Poster!
Unread October 17th, 2006, 11:35 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazonBitch View Post
I think he was saying that they mark them as returned in the store, before mailing them back, so that the que sends new movies immediately.
But his argument was, it would make more profit for BBI because THEY (BBI) would get the movies back to dist quicker.

Hell, giving out MORE movies on an online movie pass is just losing money quicker for BBI

Especially if you get all of the returns back a day later than you otherwise would.

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread October 17th, 2006, 11:38 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN_COWBOY View Post
hey, I used the kool-aid line in this thread first, get your own.
Hey, buddy... I INVENTED the kool-aid line.... or at least brought it to this site and got it into the popular usage.

If anything, you should credit ME every time you use it (like you do with "donkey punch" and whatever line you stole from Beer Monkey)

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread October 18th, 2006, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post
Hey, buddy... I INVENTED the kool-aid line.... or at least brought it to this site and got it into the popular usage.

If anything, you should credit ME every time you use it (like you do with "donkey punch" and whatever line you stole from Beer Monkey)

And Dingo Video, eh? ;-)

So, in the other thread, someone said they will be changing the online program to giving 1 coupon per month. I really hope not. They started out with 2, then they went to 1 per week. I'm just now getting used to that. For myself, if they change it to 1 coupon per month, then I only have a reason to go in store once a month. Mainly due to the fact that my queue consists of Carnivale Season 2, Scrubs 2, 3, and 4, the Fantastic Four cartoon, Invasion, Threshold, and a ton of other series that none of the three local stores here carry. So the only reason to go in would be to swap them out for the new releases that I usually use my free coupon for.

If this is true, I'll have to make sure all of my onlines are finished by tuesday, get in and get the new movies, since they won't be back in for at least a week.
Unread October 18th, 2006, 09:13 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordPerrin View Post
And Dingo Video, eh? ;-)

So, in the other thread, someone said they will be changing the online program to giving 1 coupon per month. I really hope not. They started out with 2, then they went to 1 per week. I'm just now getting used to that. For myself, if they change it to 1 coupon per month, then I only have a reason to go in store once a month. Mainly due to the fact that my queue consists of Carnivale Season 2, Scrubs 2, 3, and 4, the Fantastic Four cartoon, Invasion, Threshold, and a ton of other series that none of the three local stores here carry. So the only reason to go in would be to swap them out for the new releases that I usually use my free coupon for.

If this is true, I'll have to make sure all of my onlines are finished by tuesday, get in and get the new movies, since they won't be back in for at least a week.

How much more instore business are they projecting this to make? Are they going to compensate with more copies of titles?

marc
Unread October 18th, 2006, 11:28 AM

Has anyone seen the new 2-week trial slips? They're about as long as my forearm + hand and wider than your average bumper sticker.

One guy said, "See all that extra paper? That's our raise."

I guess it's a smart idea to make it large and bulky to prevent automatic thought-free discarding of the previous slips, but this is bloody overkill. It's like in a gas station where they attach a restroom key to a toilet seat so it's never lost or stolen.

And in big blindling old-school BB font: "TOTAL ACCESS"

I can't resist the urge for a little creative scissor/tape use to make it the TOTAL ASS banner.
Unread October 18th, 2006, 08:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to cakenicing4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldie View Post
One guy said, "See all that extra paper? That's our raise."
How about the 500 OLD online packs that we have left from last time. I was at a sister store tonight and they have a large box just full of packs of onlines.... I thought for sure that THAT was my bonus...
Unread October 18th, 2006, 08:14 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakenicing4u View Post
How about the 500 OLD online packs that we have left from last time. I was at a sister store tonight and they have a large box just full of packs of onlines.... I thought for sure that THAT was my bonus...
yeah that happened to one of the stores in my area, they are prolly just trying to clean out the warehouse.
Unread October 18th, 2006, 08:15 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakenicing4u View Post
Sounds like they were not very good at giving them out, We kept running out.
The top Poster!
Unread October 18th, 2006, 08:16 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Sounds like they were not very good at giving them out, We kept running out.
we got more of the new trials than i have in active members. laugh.