I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread November 18th, 2007, 02:23 PM

What would you do?

I had a customer come up to me today asking about Iron Giant.

Customer: Hey, I've been in here for about a month now looking for Iron Giant. Do you have any copies left? I never see it available...
Me: Ok, let's look it up.
*searches for Iron Giant*
Me: Yeah, it's still checked out. Hopefully it'll be back soon though, it was checked out on...
*presses PF2*
Me: April 29th.. wait a second..

Long story short, the guy who has it out has the Movie Pass and pretty much stopped account activity since August. Yes, for months after still having these movies on Movie Pass, he still rented just as normally.

This guy has paid $150-$200 this year to keep out a random Dora movie and the Iron Giant. Would you call this account to remind him that he still has the Movie Pass? If so, would you give a massive credit for him 'forgetting' about it even if he still has the movies out or basically take a 'I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do' approach?
Unread November 18th, 2007, 02:31 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
I had a customer come up to me today asking about Iron Giant.

Customer: Hey, I've been in here for about a month now looking for Iron Giant. Do you have any copies left? I never see it available...
Me: Ok, let's look it up.
*searches for Iron Giant*
Me: Yeah, it's still checked out. Hopefully it'll be back soon though, it was checked out on...
*presses PF2*
Me: April 29th.. wait a second..

Long story short, the guy who has it out has the Movie Pass and pretty much stopped account activity since August. Yes, for months after still having these movies on Movie Pass, he still rented just as normally.

This guy has paid $150-$200 this year to keep out a random Dora movie and the Iron Giant. Would you call this account to remind him that he still has the Movie Pass? If so, would you give a massive credit for him 'forgetting' about it even if he still has the movies out or basically take a 'I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do' approach?
Id call. Technically he owes the money he kept the movies. I'd bet he forgotand will probably be an unhappy person once he figures on what he has and what he paid.

Still, he kept em and denied you the ability to generate other revenue. Id call though and remind him. You'd be insane to give him a credit. Why would you? He's had movies the entire time, regardless of if they were same movie. Just because the movies seem unimportant to you doesnt mean he doesnt owe for them.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 02:34 PM
IHBB GOD

I guarantee you, this guy will kick off once you tell him that he's been paying for these movies.

I would just skirt around the pass issue and say you are calling to remind him he still has some movies. See what happens.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 03:12 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to SL_600
I see this ending very badly.

WWGD ....What Would Gord Do?
Unread November 18th, 2007, 04:08 PM
IHBB GOD

Disburse a few bucks, buy a copy of Iron Giant from the nearest retailer, and forget this whole thing ever happened.
It drops the movie in the bin or else it gets the fee again.
PUT THE FUCKING MOVIE IN THE FUCKING BASKET.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 04:39 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesys View Post
Disburse a few bucks, buy a copy of Iron Giant from the nearest retailer, and forget this whole thing ever happened.
and this is why you should be the new president
Unread November 18th, 2007, 04:46 PM

I had this happen when I still worked there. I asked my DL and she said to cancel his pass and let them autosell, it would be cheaper than letting it renew over and over again if he ever realizes. In my case they were renting every once in a while and everything would autosell onto their credit card. They had had out Monty Python and the Holy Grail for over a year when I figured it out because one of the movies that they had paid to rent came back post 37 days and then I was surprised to see a pass on there because I didn't recognize the people. Anyway, so after talking to by DL I cancelled the pass, he never figured it out.

Valerie
Unread November 18th, 2007, 05:06 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBVcasualposter View Post
Id call. Technically he owes the money he kept the movies. I'd bet he forgotand will probably be an unhappy person once he figures on what he has and what he paid.

Still, he kept em and denied you the ability to generate other revenue. Id call though and remind him. You'd be insane to give him a credit. Why would you? He's had movies the entire time, regardless of if they were same movie. Just because the movies seem unimportant to you doesnt mean he doesnt owe for them.
I would give him the credit because he probably forgot they he had them because more than likely the kids hid them somewhere ... and I would credit off alot of it because it is good customer service. By crediting off that amount he will tell all his friends how well he was treated by the staff at his BB ... and his wife will tell her friends, and so on....

But then, BB mentality is not the same as that of an indy. To me it would be about building a longterm customer ... that is why I still have people asking when I am gonna open again .. and I have been closed for many years.

Of course, your views may be different.

MOM
Unread November 18th, 2007, 06:12 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
Fuck no I wouldn't call! Put a warning on his account, "No refunds."

He could have cancelled anytime. He could have paid attention to his credit card balance. He could have rented anything on his pass and he didn't. Whose fault is that? 100% his. Blockbuster doesn't owe him anything back. Not like he can stop the charges on his CC now anyway.
Unread November 18th, 2007, 07:05 PM
IHBB Freak

I've seen this many times, in fact, I have a customer that comes in all the time to exchange one movie and when i check their list it shows Employee of the Month was checked out about 5 months ago - I ask them every time if they are returning it and they always say "no, not yet" - they probably lost the movie and think they'll save money by keeping it out on the pass, do I care? Not at all. We have too many copies of that movie, I'd rather they keep it out and only get one movie...they actually pay for extra rentals a lot.

I've also see movie/game passes that renew 20 times with no activity...I usually will cancel them because if I cancel it today and they check their monthly credit card statement next month, they won't see any charges, so they won't complain, but if I let it go the will eventually see the charge and go back thru all of their statements and demand a $400 refund in the future.