I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread May 20th, 2008, 08:15 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to justanotherworker
Cool Whats the craziest thing you ever did for a customer?

Couldnt find any thred quite like this subject, But this recently happend on my last shift.

Had amember come in that worked in a group home, didnt have an account set up to rent, I offered them to purchase from our great deals- 3/20 4/20 , but they opted to purchase snacks. 15 dollars worth, on a non memeber account.

She went to pay with a gift card no less, the card had nothing on it ! Zero, Nadda, not a ting. So she says, well forget it, I'm sorry. I reached in my wallet, paid the darn amount.

I told her this is my one and only good dead for the year. And handed her the bag . I just didnt have the patience for doing credits and then figuring out the credit for the 2/2.22.

I cut my losses
Unread May 20th, 2008, 08:19 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherworker View Post
Couldnt find any thred quite like this subject, But this recently happend on my last shift.

Had amember come in that worked in a group home, didnt have an account set up to rent, I offered them to purchase from our great deals- 3/20 4/20 , but they opted to purchase snacks. 15 dollars worth, on a non memeber account.

She went to pay with a gift card no less, the card had nothing on it ! Zero, Nadda, not a ting. So she says, well forget it, I'm sorry. I reached in my wallet, paid the darn amount.

I told her this is my one and only good dead for the year. And handed her the bag . I just didnt have the patience for doing credits and then figuring out the credit for the 2/2.22.

I cut my losses
Where is your store, I wanna shop there......
The top Poster!
Unread May 20th, 2008, 08:23 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to justanotherworker
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooworker View Post
Where is your store, I wanna shop there......
Thats funny, a couple other people in line said we will wait for that guy.
It pays to have 2 jobs. And nice try zoo, I'll be the dude on the front page of
Blockbuster Times. Find my location there
Unread May 20th, 2008, 01:34 PM
IHBB Freak

I've been known to chase my customers down in the parking lot whenever they leave their wallet/keys/cell phone/THEIR MOVIES!/checkbook/etc. on the counter. I've also paid for Rewards, mostly to get my numbers up.
Unread May 20th, 2008, 01:35 PM
IHBB GOD

You have to be kidding. Credits every time. Jesus Christ.

I think the "craziest" thing I ever did for a customer is someone who wanted to keep two rentals for twice their rental period, and had a ROGOF card. I agreed to let them pay the amount as if they were renewing it in store, and remembered to re-book them out and discount the ROGOF on my next shift.

Yeah, I'm wild.
Unread May 20th, 2008, 06:43 PM

During my first year, I did tons of nice stuff for customers. I've come to realize that these people don't really care about me in any kind of a way. I refuse to take money out of my pocket for somebody that is short, hold NR movies, or call when a certain movie is in. Do your job to the best of your ability but don't make it personal. Being too nice has just bitten me back more times then I can count.
Unread May 20th, 2008, 06:48 PM

I did help a customer clean up his home for an open house and help him pack up when he moved to Utah.
Although, he did pay quite nicely for both.
Unread May 21st, 2008, 02:34 AM

A customer once came back in five minutes after renting asking if her little girls stuffed rabbit had been left in the store, we had a good look but couldn't find it, the little girl was in tears.

Later on I was having a cigarette outside and saw the toy down the other end of the street, I ran down and grabbed it and bought it back to the shop. Remembering what she had rented I looked it up and got her membership number then called her up.

She was really greatful and it wasn't like it took me a lot of effort.
After she left my CSR said "wow she was hot!" I wish I had said it was him who had found it and then he could have struck up a conversation with her and who knows! lol

Other then that it is a case of you get what you give, if customers are nice to me they get nice me who will help them out, if they are dicks then they get professionalism and by the book me and nothing else.
Unread May 21st, 2008, 03:12 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to SL_600
Back when we had VHS, a customer brought a movie back saying it was defective. No problem, we'll just swap it with a different copy # and send him on his way. No sooner than an hour passes and he is back at the store. "This one doesn't work either," he says. I put it in the Trailer VCP and all I see is static. "Looks like we have two defective tapes. Let me get another and see if it will play," I say. I go through like four more copies before I get the feeling that all the videos in the store have been wiped clean by some kind of magnetic force. It is becoming apparent to me that in spite of our company slogan, this customer will "Go Home Unhappy."

Seizing on the opportunity to exceed the customer's needs, I then proceed with the aid of my trusty opening CSR, to re-enact scenes from the customer's movie. Bad acting and makeshift scenery aside, we feel that the few embellishments that we add may even make it better that the original. It is an arduous task, but we complete it with just enough time to open the store the next morning.

First thing I do after opening is call the customer and inform him that we have his movie and assure him that not only does it work, but that he will be pleasantly surprized. After hanging up, I turn to my CSR and say, "You know, somebody should write a movie about this someday."

WWGD ....What Would Gord Do?
Unread May 21st, 2008, 05:18 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSM View Post
She was really greatful and it wasn't like it took me a lot of effort.
After she left my CSR said "wow she was hot!" I wish I had said it was him who had found it and then he could have struck up a conversation with her and who knows! lol.
If she still plays with dolls though, I think that might qualify as jailbait!