I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Other Stuff (Off Topic) > Archive

Unread June 12th, 2007, 05:48 AM

Customer hands me her ID and movies. I look up her name and didn’t find it.

Me: Is it under someone else’s name?
She then stairs at me.
Me: Umm is it under someone else’s name?
Her: Umm NO! I RENT HERE ALL THE TIME.
Me: Ok. Well I don’t see your name. Could it be under a boyfriends or husbands account?
Her: Why would I rent under my husbands accounts when I have my own?
Me: Hmm ok then. Well what’s his name just in case? (Having customer like this before so I always ask this).
Her: Fine its ------- ------
I find her husband account with her name under it.
Me: Oh I found it under your husband’s name.
Her: OH well I don’t understand why. They gave us two cards.
I explain to her about the account.
Her: Well I don’t want to rent under his account. I want to rent under mine.
Me: Umm ok. Well do you have your bb card?
Her: Umm I think so.
She finds her card and hands it to me. Of course its still under her husbands account.
Me: Ok. There we go.
Her: See was it really that hard.
Me: Well its still under you husbands account.
Gave her the card back and showed her that it has her husbands name on it.
Her: Oh, he must have given me the wrong card. Ill go and get it. He’s in the car.
She runs outside to her car, I’m watching from the window. Takes a good 3 mins and you can tell there arguing. Then she runs back in.
Her: Ok maybe it is under his name.
Me: Ah.. Ok well that’s good.

I finish helping her out and as soon as she leaves I look over at my CSR and we both just start laughing.

A friend in need is a friend indeed but a friend with weed is better.
Unread June 12th, 2007, 08:52 AM

My "wtf?" of the day:

Lady comes in and wants to return a couple of PVD's that supposedly don't work on her DVD player.
Me: K... lemme see the movies and receipt. Hmmmm... the receipt is from Blockbuster but the movies... well those are $1 movies they sell at Walgreens and are not the ones listed on this receipt.
Lady: Really? *Looks at receipt* This isn't Ice Age 2? *points to some strange black & white horror flick from 1922.*
Me: O_o
Lady: What?
Me: o_O
Lady: I don't get it.
Me: I gather as much. Seriously though... the movies and this receipt don't match up. If you can find the right movies and/or receipt, I'll see what I can do.
Lady: But what about these?
Me: You don't have the receipt for those, so I can't do anything about them.
Lady: It's right here!
Me: Show me where it says Ice Age 2 on any of those movies.
Lady: *looks for a minute* I can't find it on here.
Me: Exactly.
Lady: ???
Me: I don't know what else to tell you that I haven't already said at least twice, so I'm going to go back to working now. When you come back with the right movie/receipt, then we'll talk.
Lady: Hmph! Let me speak to your manager.
Me: I am the only manager on duty right now. The store manager is the one that gave you that funny look when you first showed me those movies as she was on her way out. So like I said several times already... bring the right movie/receipt combo.
Lady: Fine! *leaves*
Me: *looks around for hidden cameras*

Of course she ended up coming back in later that night with the right movies and I really didn't feel like dealing with her anymore (it was a rough shift last night), so I just let her exchange em for anything else in the 4 for 20.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And since I've gotten started, here's the rest of the shit I had to deal with last night.

Ex-employee for our store came in a couple days ago and talked to the SM about a movie that's checked out on his account but claims he returned it. We check the shelf... nothing. Check all the drawers, nothing. Tell him we don't have, he needs to find it at home. Says he'll double check. Comes back 2 days later with his brother and now claims his brother turned it in. Guess what... we still don't have it. You're an ex-employee, you know the drill. We bend over and take it in the rear from customers cause they're naive and we have the first time's on us mentality. But you're an ex-employee who was fired for theft who knows the rules, so we're not doing anything more for you. Find the movie or pay the $16.22. He tried calling the DM, but the DM won't call him back, so now he wants the RM's number. Told him he could get it from the DM when he gets around to calling him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was on register by myself while my CSR was on her break. While ringing someone up I hear our sensors go off, so I look up and see a lady has just walked through the sensors by the entrance holding a new retail copy of Norbit (our entrance and exit doors are on opposite sides of the counter). She says something like "oops, forgot I was holding this" and puts it down on the counter and then leaves out the entrance. 10 seconds later I realized she did that on purpose and probably had a bunch of other new retail in her bag, but at that point I couldn't spot her in the parking lot anymore . I called the nearest store as a warning and 45 minutes later I get a call back that was basically the MOD admitting she was a dumbass and basically let the lady get away with a bunch of her new retail cause she was lazy (fucktard). So I call the next nearest store as a warning, only to find out they had already been hit PRIOR to our store (gee thanks for the warning assholes). Left a message with the DM so he could let the rest of the district know in the morning).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had this same guy come in 4 times in the last 2 weeks.

#1) Came in 2 weeks ago with a movie claiming it was defective and he wanted to rent something else. Told him I'd give him another copy of the same movie or nothing at all. He gave-up and took nothing.

#2) 5 days ago he came in with 2 games both of which had restocking fees on them. He claimed we gave him the wrong game on one of them (We gave him MLB 07 and he claims he brought up the case for Major League Baseball 2k7). Told him I doubted his story, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Made him pay the restocking fees and gave him the Major League 2k7 game rental free.

#3) Yesterday at the beginning of my shift he comes in returning 3 movies. He checked-in 2, but claimed he grabbed the wrong movie for the 3rd one. He was returning Chronicles of Narnia but was supposed to grab Zathura. Told him I was responsible for his inability to find the right movie. If it was defective I could get him another copy of CoN, but he wasn't getting Zathura free. He caved and checked-in CoN.

#4) Comes BACK in 4 hours later with a PS2 game that he bought from us. Shows me the receipt and game and tells me that the game we gave him isn't the one he was charged for. Sure enough, the receipt says Cabela's #4 (can't remember exactly which one, so I'll do numbers this time), the box is Cabela's #4, he even has the little sleeve that we keep the PPG's in that says Cabela's #4, but the game disc is Cabela's #1. Hmmmm... *thinking to self... if you weren't so shady, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but I know you're full of shit, so let's find the lie here.* The game was purchased yesterday, according to the receipt. I look to see if there are any other copies of the game... nope- he bought our only copy. I look to see if we carry any other Cabela's PPG... nope. I look to see if it's in our rentals... nope- we only have #6 & 7 for rent. I look to see if the disc is to something we've sold or rented out recently (since our last inventory)... nope- haven't had it for at least 6 weeks (although I don't ever remember carrying the title). Told him there was nothing I could do about it since we never carried the title that the disc actually is and we don't have any other copies of the one he actually bought from us. I looked him straight in the eye and told him "I don't know where this disc came from, but we haven't carried it in our store for at least a year. I don't think there's any way we could have given you anything but the right game since it's the only PPG we have for Cabela, but if you want to talk to the SM, she'll be here tomorrow until 5." He just kind of said okay and left. I told the SM that if he does come in to talk to her, to tell him you have to look at the tape first to see if we gave him the right game or not and you'll get back to him after that. (The tape won't be clear enough to distinguish the 2 discs, but I don't think he'll call her bluff).
Unread June 12th, 2007, 10:20 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlanticVamp View Post
We've been trying to tell her to replace her DVD player, but to no avail...she insists it's us.
From the depths of history:

C: It seems like every other one of the videos I rent here doesn't work.
O: When was the last time you had your VCR cleaned?
C: It's ONLY six years old.

(Also, the woman had a long-haired, shedding dog, and IIRC, she smoked, as well)

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread June 12th, 2007, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzMan View Post

C: It seems like every other one of the videos I rent here doesn't work.
O: When was the last time you had your VCR cleaned?
C: It's ONLY six years old.

(Also, the woman had a long-haired, shedding dog, and IIRC, she smoked, as well)
Yeah, convincing customers to use a head cleaner was always an ordeal.

Me: Sounds like you need to run a head cleaner through your VCR.
Customer: No, that's not it. I've NEVER had to clean my VCR before.

Unread June 12th, 2007, 01:34 PM
IHBB Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to videoslave23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former DTSM View Post
My somewhat musical creations: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ID=137 687474 friends and comments welcome.
Yo. I just listened.... good stuff. I actually Dj and produce breakbeats and drum and bass. (Dj more than produce, my computer's not so hot so i just use a sampler, drum machine, effects processor, guitar, bass, keyboard, etc.)

Sometime when i have free time at home I'm gonna make a myspace music page. I produced a pretty cool breaks remix of Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here", and also a drum and bass mix of Bob Marley's "Get Up, Stand Up". I'm gonna put that stuff on eventually.

Anyway, your stuff rocks. You should make more completely original tracks, with just beats and samples so torn up that it's not just a straight acapella over a different beat.
Unread June 13th, 2007, 12:35 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoslave23 View Post
I produced a pretty cool breaks remix of Pink Floyd's "Wish you were here", and also a drum and bass mix of Bob Marley's "Get Up, Stand Up".
I can't believe I am about to admit this:

Back in the day, I did some Quiet Riot remixes that were pretty kick-arse.... and some Pink Floyd stuff at Uni that..... well, let's just not even go there........ Fraternity secrets and such

--Helena Bonham Carter
Unread June 13th, 2007, 12:56 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youdontknowme View Post
My "wtf?" of the day:

Lady comes in and wants to return a couple of PVD's that supposedly don't work on her DVD player.
Me: K... lemme see the movies and receipt. Hmmmm... the receipt is from Blockbuster but the movies... well those are $1 movies they sell at Walgreens and are not the ones listed on this receipt.
Lady: Really? *Looks at receipt* This isn't Ice Age 2? *points to some strange black & white horror flick from 1922.*
Me: I gather as much. Seriously though... the movies and this receipt don't match up. If you can find the right movies and/or receipt, I'll see what I can do.
Me: I don't know what else to tell you that I haven't already said at least twice, so I'm going to go back to working now. When you come back with the right movie/receipt, then we'll talk.
Me: I am the only manager on duty right now. The store manager is the one that gave you that funny look when you first showed me those movies as she was on her way out. So like I said several times already... bring the right movie/receipt combo.

Of course she ended up coming back in later that night with the right movies and I really didn't feel like dealing with her anymore (it was a rough shift last night), so I just let her exchange em for anything else in the 4 for 20.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And since I've gotten started, here's the rest of the shit I had to deal with last night.

Ex-employee for our store came in a couple days ago and talked to the SM about a movie that's checked out on his account but claims he returned it. We check the shelf... nothing. Check all the drawers, nothing. Tell him we don't have, he needs to find it at home. Says he'll double check. Comes back 2 days later with his brother and now claims his brother turned it in. Guess what... we still don't have it. You're an ex-employee, you know the drill. We bend over and take it in the rear from customers cause they're naive and we have the first time's on us mentality. But you're an ex-employee who was fired for theft who knows the rules, so we're not doing anything more for you. Find the movie or pay the $16.22. He tried calling the DM, but the DM won't call him back, so now he wants the RM's number. Told him he could get it from the DM when he gets around to calling him back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Was on register by myself while my CSR was on her break. While ringing someone up I hear our sensors go off, so I look up and see a lady has just walked through the sensors by the entrance holding a new retail copy of Norbit (our entrance and exit doors are on opposite sides of the counter). She says something like "oops, forgot I was holding this" and puts it down on the counter and then leaves out the entrance. 10 seconds later I realized she did that on purpose and probably had a bunch of other new retail in her bag, but at that point I couldn't spot her in the parking lot anymore . I called the nearest store as a warning and 45 minutes later I get a call back that was basically the MOD admitting she was a dumbass and basically let the lady get away with a bunch of her new retail cause she was lazy (fucktard). So I call the next nearest store as a warning, only to find out they had already been hit PRIOR to our store (gee thanks for the warning assholes). Left a message with the DM so he could let the rest of the district know in the morning).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've had this same guy come in 4 times in the last 2 weeks.

#1) Came in 2 weeks ago with a movie claiming it was defective and he wanted to rent something else. Told him I'd give him another copy of the same movie or nothing at all. He gave-up and took nothing.

#2) 5 days ago he came in with 2 games both of which had restocking fees on them. He claimed we gave him the wrong game on one of them (We gave him MLB 07 and he claims he brought up the case for Major League Baseball 2k7). Told him I doubted his story, but I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. Made him pay the restocking fees and gave him the Major League 2k7 game rental free.

#3) Yesterday at the beginning of my shift he comes in returning 3 movies. He checked-in 2, but claimed he grabbed the wrong movie for the 3rd one. He was returning Chronicles of Narnia but was supposed to grab Zathura. Told him I was responsible for his inability to find the right movie. If it was defective I could get him another copy of CoN, but he wasn't getting Zathura free. He caved and checked-in CoN.

#4) Comes BACK in 4 hours later with a PS2 game that he bought from us. Shows me the receipt and game and tells me that the game we gave him isn't the one he was charged for. Sure enough, the receipt says Cabela's #4 (can't remember exactly which one, so I'll do numbers this time), the box is Cabela's #4, he even has the little sleeve that we keep the PPG's in that says Cabela's #4, but the game disc is Cabela's #1. Hmmmm... *thinking to self... if you weren't so shady, I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but I know you're full of shit, so let's find the lie here.* The game was purchased yesterday, according to the receipt. I look to see if there are any other copies of the game... nope- he bought our only copy. I look to see if we carry any other Cabela's PPG... nope. I look to see if it's in our rentals... nope- we only have #6 & 7 for rent. I look to see if the disc is to something we've sold or rented out recently (since our last inventory)... nope- haven't had it for at least 6 weeks (although I don't ever remember carrying the title). Told him there was nothing I could do about it since we never carried the title that the disc actually is and we don't have any other copies of the one he actually bought from us. I looked him straight in the eye and told him "I don't know where this disc came from, but we haven't carried it in our store for at least a year. I don't think there's any way we could have given you anything but the right game since it's the only PPG we have for Cabela, but if you want to talk to the SM, she'll be here tomorrow until 5." He just kind of said okay and left. I told the SM that if he does come in to talk to her, to tell him you have to look at the tape first to see if we gave him the right game or not and you'll get back to him after that. (The tape won't be clear enough to distinguish the 2 discs, but I don't think he'll call her bluff).
Either you're hardcore exaggerating or you're a huge asshole to your customers.
Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread June 13th, 2007, 05:09 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post
Could you explain what he did that was that bad?
Unread June 13th, 2007, 07:53 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageUK View Post
Could you explain what he did that was that bad?
It's bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youdontknowme View Post
My "wtf?" of the day:

Love each and every one of you. Thank you for years of great memories!!!!!!!
Unread June 13th, 2007, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantheman View Post

It was just a bad day that resulted in that. Normally I would've been a litle more polite (though just as irritated), but I had just had enough. I'm not an asshole at heart, but I have it in me when I need to use it.