I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread January 20th, 2011, 01:05 AM

new prices and re-stickering, again.

later this week we will have:

company realized the 1:10000 99cent:2.99bsi stickering wasnt right

so it's being changed. now only "about 1,000 bsi titles will be 2.99", while the rest will be 99 cents.

enjoy your next sticker-fest that you've been awarded 8 hours for!

doomsdaydoomsdaydoomsday. just close all the stores already so the employees can steal merchandise and make a decent living off ebay while collecting unemployment.

is anyone else watching their revenue disappear with these awful price changes?

i dont see how prices go from $5 to $1 for bsi, and $5 to $3 for new release.. and we're expected to make money. we arent getting any more customers than we already have (WHY blockbuster thinks people will come running in the doors i have no idea).

"OLD" method
100 bsi rentals @ $5 = $500
100 new release @ $5 = $500
--------------------------
total =========== $1000

"NEW" method
100 bsi rentals @ $1 = $100
100 new release @ $3 = $300
--------------------------
total =========== $400

Unread January 20th, 2011, 07:25 AM
IHBB Freak

Glad I don't have to do it anymore!
Unread January 20th, 2011, 08:51 AM

Well, I think they expect people to run to the stores because it's "competitive" pricing with the likes of redbox and stuff, yes we make less money but at least we can say its the same as redbox's pricing structure, you just pay for a couple days up front.

The only exception is the New Releases, which are higher because, well they're new.
I think only the 28 day window ones should be 5.00 the rest should go down to 2.99.
the thought behind that is because we have it 28 days before anything else you have to pay a "convenience fee" :P

I just think re-pricing isn't going to do it anymore, we need to get the Blockbuster name back into the homes and people's mouth. yknow good things though all this crap that's all over the internet and news about BK, is just literally destroying the company even more.

Someone on here said there should be a press release from Jim Keyes or someone up top about how blockbuster is here to stay. Maybe that will bring in more customers.
Unread January 20th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Member formerly known as Lycanthor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreen-Akrore View Post
, we need to get the Blockbuster name back into the homes and people's mouth. yknow good things though all this crap that's all over the internet and news about BK, is just literally destroying the company even more.

Someone on here said there should be a press release from Jim Keyes or someone up top about how blockbuster is here to stay. Maybe that will bring in more customers.
That would be lying on national TV. He can't do that. It would hurt his chances of taking over another dying company and awarding himself annual bonuses until he finally runs that company into the ground too.
Unread January 20th, 2011, 10:18 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy piven View Post
i dont see how prices go from $5 to $1 for bsi, and $5 to $3 for new release..
Theyre probably getting a head start on selling off all the stock before they start closing the stores.
IHBB QUEEN and Legendary Top Poster
Quote of the week:
Valentines day special: Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm screwing your best mate; the rumours were true....
Unread January 20th, 2011, 10:26 AM

I wouldn't mind getting some extra hours to reprice some movies. But the damage has been done we had lost some customers due to new prices so how are we going to bring the masses back into the stores when we don't word out?
Unread January 20th, 2011, 10:44 AM

all of our bsi is $.99, staying late tonight to resticker them all

Can you smell the desperation?
The Following User Says Thank You to DeDampkring For This Useful Post:
Hot Head (January 20th, 2011)
Unread January 20th, 2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrodite View Post
Theyre probably getting a head start on selling off all the stock before they start closing the stores.

thats what im thinking.

milk it before they lose it.

the "99 cent banner" went up outside the store a while ago. people came in, they saw barely anything for 99 cents, we told them there wasnt much quality in the 99 cent rentals, and at this point we barely get many inquiries about the "99 cent banner".
Unread January 20th, 2011, 01:22 PM

The worst of it all is that people bring new releases up and assume they are all 99 cents regardless what the label says. Either they think we haven't changed the labels and we are horrible at our jobs, or a multitude of people cannot read signs. Either way, all hope for humanity is doomed.
Unread January 20th, 2011, 04:49 PM
IHBB GOD

there is a lot of bsi that are 99 cent now but people don't realize on the list, we don't have most of them. The program assume we had all those title without scanning the stores inventory.