I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread July 14th, 2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxnl1090 View Post
You're wrong dude. There is no dating between superiors and subordinates. Virtually every company is the same way. You can only transfer if you're dating someone of the same position .
Ok, not a problem, im working 9-5 this morning ill take a pic and post it for ya.
Unread July 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM

I happen to have a copy of the handbook right here...

Quote:
Blockbuster encourages positive working relationships among its employees, especially between supervisors and their direct and indirect reports. Sometimes these relationships also involve socializing or fraternization inside and outside the workplace. These activities can build better communication and trust between employees and supervisors, but they can also result in actual or perceived favoritism and morale and other problems for the work group. For this reason, Blockbuster prohibits all supervisors from ongoing fraternizing (socializing including dating) or living with employees who report directly or indirectly to them.
It was my understanding that you can date anyone you want,
as long as they don't answer to you (or you to them).
If you work at two different stores, since you aren't supervising them, they are fair game.
The Following User Says Thank You to sobedrummer For This Useful Post:
A good asm (July 14th, 2009)
Unread July 14th, 2009, 08:54 PM

Im still gonna post a pic, since some people will probally think you made that up.
Unread July 14th, 2009, 10:07 PM
IHBB Freak

There have been several instances where husband runs one store and wife runs another..
I learned that dreams don’t work without action; I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or She is right inside you, underneath the pain, the sorrow, and the shame.
Unread July 14th, 2009, 10:08 PM
IHBB GOD

They can prohibit your activities all they want on the clock or on the premises. The company has no say in your life off shift unless you allow them. Sure they'll write in the handbook "Blockbuster prohibits all supervisors from ongoing fraternizing" because look at how many people, just in this thread, consent to giving Blockbuster this kind of authority! They're getting away with bullshit.
Unread July 14th, 2009, 11:16 PM

Blockbuster prohibits all supervisors from ongoing fraternizing (socializing including dating) or living with employees who report directly or indirectly to them.

If you are a manager at one store and you are dating the csr of another store, the csr indirectly reports to you. SMs of other stores have written up employees at my store before. It's pretty obvious by the way they phrase it that they don't want anyone in the company dating anyone on a different level. I really don't see where the argument is here... the rules are written out clear as day.

@david: If a husband is the SM of one store and his wife runs another store then neither of them report to each other so obviously that's within the rules.

An ya it's true that BBV has no authority in it's employee's personal lives but they can fire anybody they want for any reason they want so I don't recommend letting your superiors finding out if your breaking their bs rules.
Unread July 15th, 2009, 02:10 AM

How would a CSR at one store report directly or indirectly to an SL, ASM, or SM at another store?
Unread July 15th, 2009, 04:11 AM

This all is apparently less of a big deal out here. One of our SLs and one of our CSRs are pretty close. As in the CSR comes up whenever the SL is working, and they just hang out in the back. The SM and DM both know about this, and no one's done anything.

She had her entire entourage the other night... the CSR, her daughter, and her dog.
Unread July 15th, 2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobedrummer View Post
How would a CSR at one store report directly or indirectly to an SL, ASM, or SM at another store?
A few examples:

An SM at another store in our district has written up a CSR in our store before when we were remodeling the store.

BBV can move anyone to any store for any reason.Even if someone is just on loan to another store for a week or something, they don't want to deal with keeping track of employee relationships.

I don't know about you guys but I have been told that if a SM or SAM from another store tells me to do something it's insubordination unless it conflicts with what my home store SM says.

Also i have been dating a CSR from another store for 5 months now, everybody knows it and it was never a problem. 3 weeks ago when I got promoted the DM personally told me that if I was having "social relationships" with my current girlfriend then I could kiss my job goodbye. So naturally we both are just pretending like we broke up.
Unread July 15th, 2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxnl1090 View Post
Also i have been dating a CSR from another store for 5 months now, everybody knows it and it was never a problem. 3 weeks ago when I got promoted the DM personally told me that if I was having "social relationships" with my current girlfriend then I could kiss my job goodbye. So naturally we both are just pretending like we broke up.
I'd ask your DM or HRM where exactly it states this.
As others have said, I've always been told by my management that if you and a subordinate are in a relationship, it either ends, some one offers to transfer, or some one is forcibly transfered/terminated.
If you work at other stores, everything is fine and dandy.

And with the exception of an SL that covered a shift at my store and slept the entire time, I don't expect any employee and any other store to expect to answer to me.
The Following User Says Thank You to sobedrummer For This Useful Post:
Mxnl1090 (July 15th, 2009)