I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread February 12th, 2013, 02:45 AM
IHBB GOD

Send a message via AIM to AbandonedDreams
Morning jlow. You're up early today.
Unread February 12th, 2013, 06:27 AM

I remember when they started the whole Blockbuster Way and you had to have the store certified by the DM, an visiting DM as well as the Regional. They always seemed to show up at the worst times possible to try to certify us. When our Regional showed up, it was the day after Thanksgiving and I had an hour left until I had help. The store was packed with people, I'm running back and forth (literally) trying to help the people on the floor, ring people through, check in drop plus having to yell across the store Welcome To Blockbuster everytime the door chimed. Oi Vay.... she was ragging on the Top 20 being a little low (mind you I couldn't run movies at that point because of being busy with customers), didn't like the movies being checked in but not run and that I hadn't been back into the stupid box office crap after opening. She certified the store but holy hell. I am all for customer service but what they expected was stupid.... my csrs weren't comfortable calling customers by their name all the time but hey.... just another day in dumb crap thought up by people in a corporate office that didn't have to try to implement it since they didn't have a clue what it was really like in the stores. Rotf, one customer thought my CSR was stalking her after he said "Hi Christine, find everything okay" That was funny as ever. She wouldn't let any of the guys ring her through after that, even though we explained the new policy of addressing our customers by name lol.
Unread February 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM
IHBB GOD

oh box office. yeah. that was another thing I just scratched my head at. I had a manager who only worked 2 days a week. Sunday and Monday. So I would catch hell all week because she hadn't opened any of her stuff. No matter if I assigned it to her or not. Finally I had to tell my DM to get over it. I wasn't making her come in during the week to check it. just. dumb.

the blockbuster way happened right after I left. thank god.
Unread February 12th, 2013, 09:52 AM
IHBB GOD

Project store was a total waste of money, and then later they made us throw the carts away
The top Poster!
Unread February 12th, 2013, 11:08 AM
IHBB GOD

up every day 5:45 am, thats how its done.
Unread February 12th, 2013, 11:59 AM

Not sure if my store was considered a project store with this, but we had one of those electronic booths, with the laptops on them. That was annoying, people always trying to cut the cord to steal them.
Unread February 12th, 2013, 04:13 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnlow71 View Post
up every day 5:45 am, thats how its done.
i thought 6:15 am was bad.
Unread February 12th, 2013, 06:35 PM
IHBB GOD

yeah welcome to the world of suck so when I get that rare sleep in day I fkn become one with the bed/pillow.
Unread February 12th, 2013, 06:45 PM
IHBB GOD

I should go to bed now. but this is free time for mommy. so i will sit up until i can't see straight anymore.
Unread February 12th, 2013, 06:48 PM
IHBB GOD

at least stay up and be the first one in my final 10 thread pleaseeeee.