I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread June 30th, 2011, 10:10 PM
IHBB Freak

I know a store that has a long lease that was renewed months ago is not on that list
It's also a rtb store...
Unread July 1st, 2011, 12:15 AM
IHBB Freak

Quote:
PLEASE TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that, in accordance with the terms of the
Amended Purchase Agreement, the Purchaser has determined, based on its review of relevant
information, that it desires to designate the additional Leases listed on Annex A to this Notice,

which can be found on the KCC Website, as Purchaser Assumed Contracts.
(bolding & italics mine.)

This is the 4th list they've filed, which is adding more leases for stores staying open. I compared this new list with the one from April. None of the stores from my district listed on the April list are on the June list, and vice versa.

Don't panic if you aren't on this list. Check the other one that Party Guy linked. And apparently there were two more in between, so chances are the sky isn't falling. Not quite yet.
Unread July 1st, 2011, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propoxy View Post
(bolding & italics mine.)

This is the 4th list they've filed, which is adding more leases for stores staying open. I compared this new list with the one from April. None of the stores from my district listed on the April list are on the June list, and vice versa.

Don't panic if you aren't on this list. Check the other one that Party Guy linked. And apparently there were two more in between, so chances are the sky isn't falling. Not quite yet.
ya I'm no lawyer but it reads that way to me too. There are several stores in my old district that were on the older list but not on this new list. All these stores I know are profitable with leases good for 2-3 years and cure amounts under $10K (some at $0) so it doesn't make sense....but then again does anything BBV does make much sense anymore?
Unread July 1st, 2011, 07:34 AM

Yeah, each subsequent list is adding onto the stores they have already decided to keep open. They have until 90 days after closing date and 24 hours before final hearing to add or remove any stores they do or don't want to keep. If your store was on a previous list, there is no reason for it to keep showing up on newer lists of PAC designations because they've already decided to keep it open. However, keep your eyes open for stores they change their minds on and decide to *remove* from the PAC designation prior to the final hearing on the matter.
Unread July 1st, 2011, 10:18 AM
IHBB Freak

Wait, stores on the list are staying open?

If that's the case, this is gonna be a Blockbuster-free town soon. There were 8 here, we're down to two, and NEITHER of them are on that list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbydanny
If I want the experience of being in the store, let me have it on my own fucking terms.
Unread July 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM

I believe this list is only the stores that had lease extensions until July AND now they're deciding to renew the leases further i.e. keep the stores open longer. Stores that are open that already had leases past July won't appear on this list, but should be staying open.
Unread July 1st, 2011, 11:29 AM

Can anyone link the 2nd and 3rd document?

I don't see my store on the 1st or 4th..
Unread July 1st, 2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshdropper View Post
I believe this list is only the stores that had lease extensions until July AND now they're deciding to renew the leases further i.e. keep the stores open longer. Stores that are open that already had leases past July won't appear on this list, but should be staying open.
nope, at least one of the stores on the list (the one I've been watching) has a lease that does not expire until 2013. It also has a cure amount over $13,000. They are looking not only at profitability but also landlord willingness to keep the store in their building and I'm sure other factors as well. Do NOT just look at the latest list, look at all 4 of the Supplemental PAC lists as well as the original PAC list. And remember, they have up to 90 days after close date and 24 hours prior to final hearing date to add or remove leases from the final list.
The Following User Says Thank You to psycoma For This Useful Post:
muthaflippin (July 1st, 2011)
Unread July 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM

How many stores were on the 1st list? I believe there are 1700 stores left-correct me if wrong- and 900 on this new list plus however many on the older lists so what does this equal- roughly 1500 stores that they have earmarked to stay open? Obviously Dish has never heard the saying "Don't throw good money after bad."
Unread July 1st, 2011, 02:03 PM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Half Empty View Post
How many stores were on the 1st list? I believe there are 1700 stores left-correct me if wrong- and 900 on this new list plus however many on the older lists so what does this equal- roughly 1500 stores that they have earmarked to stay open? Obviously Dish has never heard the saying "Don't throw good money after bad."
It doesn't matter how many store are on the list it just matters your store is

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hot Head For This Useful Post:
inkedangel (July 1st, 2011)