I Hate Blockbuster Forum  

Go Back   I Hate Blockbuster Forum > Lovers of Blockbuster > Are You An Employee Of Blockbuster?

Unread April 5th, 2013, 05:21 AM
IHBB GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodavsjason View Post
I am at Tmobile now
Cigars and phones a gangstas paradise

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread April 5th, 2013, 02:17 PM
IHBB GOD

Come on take your mask of HH...
The top Poster!
The Following User Says Thank You to zooworker For This Useful Post:
HelloItsMeMOM (April 6th, 2013)
Unread April 5th, 2013, 09:02 PM
IHBB GOD

yeah! Lets hear about HotHead. Or should I go first?
Unread April 6th, 2013, 08:20 AM
IHBB GOD

This is the internet. I would never do that.

Even the Devil, which is the main share holder of blockbuster is saying you guys are making me look bad!

Horse Power is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Unread April 7th, 2013, 04:31 AM

I used to work at a store in Northern CA. My store was closed about 8 months ago. I left the sinking ship in February 2011 and headed to Vans as a manager. From there to Macy's, then to the police academy and now... well a cop in training. Blockbuster was my first job tho, will always kinda love/hate them
The Following User Says Thank You to AVP223 For This Useful Post:
johnlow71 (April 8th, 2013)
Unread April 8th, 2013, 04:08 AM

Well, some already know, my name is Danielle. I came to Blockbuster after things had already started going down hill.... even though at the time, I didn't know it was going down. I drank the kool-aid for awhile just like everyone else. Loved my job as an ASM and thought that things in the long run would get better. At the first store I was at, we were always told we were "safe" and didn't need to worry about closing. This was the last load of crap we kept having to feed people to get them to buy into all the "priorities" we had to sell. I didn't mind selling, in fact at at times, I really enjoyed it. We were all competitive so it made it more fun. The store I was first at closed in Feb of 2011. After it closed, I took a couple weeks off and started at the next one. We were fed such a line of crap after the buy out... how there was going to be "real, legitimate" advertising (little did we know that wasn't going to be on TV but by us going to hand frikin door hangers everywhere), that there were finally going to be pay raises and all that jazz. I was crushed when I found out we were going to close, didn't ever want to go through that again. People the first time around were brutal. Had one person cussing out my CSR's (they were so bad I could hear them in the back of the store), yelling at us everyday.... it was bad. One night after we locked up, had customers finishing up so we could get out the door there was actually someone who came in through the exit as people left and got wicked pissed we were closed and wouldn't help them. People were pissed at us the second time around because of them getting billed for the pass, told to go to a store that was about 40 - 45 minutes away then told they had to go further when we found out that store was going to close as well. I got an injury right before we went into closing and wasn't able to go back to work. Now, I'm starting school to go towards my Associates in Business then hopefully for my Bachelors. My time there wasn't all bad... wasn't all good but I did enjoy it a chunk of the time, enjoyed working with most my coworkers, was bummed when it ended. But since then, met some great people through this site and the FB page... and though the stores.

While I don't like Dish, won't ever use their services... I hate seeing more people loosing their jobs in this tough economy. I feel bad for the ones who think their stores are going to be "safe" for whatever reason. Hopefully, everyone will bounce back and be able to come out better than they went in so to speak. Not too exciting of a story, lol, but there it is.
AbandonedDreams (April 9th, 2013), johnlow71 (April 8th, 2013), PickleBundle (April 9th, 2013)
Unread April 9th, 2013, 08:30 PM

Thanks for sharing, inkedangel. I think you have the right idea in regards to going to college and getting formally educated for a career. I think that is honestly the best thing to do -- otherwise, companies (especially national chains) consider their retail-level employees to be indistinguishable from one another as easily-replaced, unskilled labor. I'm doing the same thing myself.